Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By sputnik
  • 2 Post By Sylkyn
  • 1 Post By Beeyotch
  • 2 Post By OrangeSlice
  • 1 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 2 Post By twitchy2.0

Thread: Ottawa's latest Instagram star is a middle-aged white cat that doesn't care for salad

Default Ottawa's latest Instagram star is a middle-aged white cat that doesn't care for salad

Ottawa's latest Instagram star is a middle-aged white cat that doesn't care for salad

Kanata's smudge_lord cracked 1.1 million followers this month

Andrew Foote, Joseph Tunney · CBC News · Posted: Nov 15, 2019 4:00 AM ET | Last Updated: 4 hours ago

Once upon a time, at a table not very far away, a white cat made a face at a salad. Someone took a picture.
    The internet decided it was relatable and began making jokes. Now, more than one million followers keep tabs on the finicky feline.
    The cat's name is Smudge, and the moment was captured at a suburban Ottawa home in June 2018.

I don't know why he was making that face, but it's the best thing he's ever done.

- Miranda Stillabower, Smudge's owner
    "He eats dinner at our table. He gets really upset if he doesn't have a chair," said Miranda Stillabower, 24, Smudge's owner.
    "Someone got up from dinner and he must have thought, 'Oh, this is my chair,' and he sat there. My brother's girlfriend took the picture."
    'Super unimpressed'

OK, but what's with that expression, the one Stillabower sums up as "super unimpressed?"
    "I don't know why he was making that face, but it's the best thing he's ever done," she said.
    Stillabower thought the picture was funny, so she posted it on her Tumblr blog. It sat there for a few months until it somehow caught on and got shared tens of thousands of times.
    chey@MISSINGEGIRL

These photos together is making me lose it

12:56 PM - May 1, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

78K people are talking about this

More recently, Smudge's picture was given a second life when someone, for reasons no one can quite fathom, paired it with a screengrab of an angry woman from the Real Housewives reality TV series.
    "I think the original photo is [popular] because he looks so dissatisfied with the plate of salad, then [the pairing] looks kind of like an argumentative setup, which is why it's worked so well," Stillabower said.
    "Also I want to say that I think Smudge is adorable. I think that's why, too."

'He eats dinner at our table. He gets really upset if he doesn't have a chair,' says Miranda Stillabower, owner of Smudge, a suburban Ottawa Instagram star. (Author Unknown)
    The viral meme's other half has confirmed she's a fan of the jokes, by the way.
    Taylor Armstrong
    @TaylorArmstrong

They are creative and so funny https://twitter.com/devlawr/status/1194038249276215296 …
    𝓓𝓮𝓿𝓸𝓷 𝓛𝓪𝔀𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮@DevLawr

I’m happy I knew who @TaylorArmstrong was before the memes

6:48 PM - Nov 11, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

27 people are talking about this

1.1 million followers

Now, with more than 1 million followers, smudge_lord has become one of Instagram's few true celebrities from the Ottawa-Gatineau area.

An unscientific sweep of the platform shows:

So what does Smudge think of the newfound fame? In keeping with the cat's image, pretty meh, actually.
    "He's just a cat, as amazing as he is," Stillabower said. "He has no idea he's famous. He goes about his daily life and it's normal, then you go online and he's everywhere. That's when it starts to be crazy."
    Stillabower said she'd like to be able to take the cat, which is about six or seven years old, to meet fans, but Smudge has had anxiety issues since before his adoption about five years ago.
    She said she's on the lookout for a behavioural therapist able to help Smudge adapt to the internet influencer role.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...tawa-1.5359199
    Brookie, Waterslide and Sarzy like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

That cat is probably the best thing to ever come out of kanata
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I absolutely LOVE these memes. The cat's face is perfection!
    choozen1ne and Mivvi21 like this.

I have not reached saturation point for these memes. And I know they're just this year's Grumpy Cat. But they truly make me laugh out loud.

I’ve been having fun with these.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

They do make me giggle. And the cat is cute with his DGAF face.
    palta likes this.

I do love these.

Great Halloween costume, too.

twitchy2.0 and Mrs P like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Stefon Diggs features ‘woman yelling at cat’ meme on his cleats

November 17, 2019
    by Steve DelVecchio

We have seen NFL players feature some unusual things on their cleats over the years, but Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs took things to an entirely different level on Sunday. If you have seen that bizarre meme featuring the woman yelling at the cat that has once again gone viral, you will probably appreciate it.

Artist Mache, who designs custom footwork for a lot of athletes, shared a photo of Diggs’ cleats on Sunday. There’s really not a whole lot we can say about them.
    Mache- the guy who does the art on the shoes.
    @MACHE275

LOL You know we had to do it to ‘em. The internet stays undefeated @stefondiggs

For those of you who are somehow unfamiliar with the meme, it is actually quite old but recently made a comeback. The mashup is a combination of Taylor Armstrong from a 2011 episode of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” and a cat that became famous on Tumblr when someone posted a photo of it with the caption “he no like vegetals.” You can read a more detailed explanation here.
    Diggs is known for rocking some extremely creative cleats, but he may have outdone himself this time.
    https://larrybrownsports.com/footbal...-cleats/524160
    ManxMouse likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

OrangeSlice and robertmarilyn like this.

He does kinda look like greta
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Shame on you.

edit: my mistake. It should be
    'How dare you!'
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; December 12th, 2019 at 02:42 PM.

Thread Information