Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sylkyn
  • 1 Post By Witchywoman

Thread: 47 dogs confiscated from Trenton, NJ home

Default 47 dogs confiscated from Trenton, NJ home

My rescue group took 8 of these dogs. They were in horrible shape, dehydrated, emaciated, infested with worms. One went straight into surgery for an obstruction. Poor thing was probably eating anything it could get. The pictures in the news are of the better off dogs, as the most horrendous pictures are not allowed to be shared.

47 dogs confiscated from Trenton home

By Storm Gifford
    | New York Daily News |
    Jun 25, 2019 | 10:35 PM

Nearly four dozen dogs were confiscated from a New Jersey home in what officials are calling a severe hoarding situation.

In all, 47 canines — Rottweilers, Mastiffs and Yorkshire Terriers — were removed from a home in Trenton on Monday, reported nj.com.

“We are just wrapping up from (Monday’s) hoarding case and I am happy to report all 47 dogs are safe,” the Trenton Animal Shelter wrote in a Facebook post late Tuesday. “I want to say in my almost 16 years of volunteering here I’ve never seen a situation like this.”

Some of the poor pooches — which included adults and puppies — in need or medical assistance were transported to an emergency care center in nearby Langhorne, Pa., said the shelter.

“As you can imagine in a hoarding situation there are varying degrees of medical needs and physical ailments,” said Danielle Gletow, the founder of the nonprofit Trenton Animals Rock.

The home owners who possessed the dogs, who authorities have yet to identify, have not been charged with any crimes as of Tuesday evening.

A Trenton Animal Shelter official told nj.com that a “breeding situation” was occurring at the home.

Trenton police officers and a news helicopter hovering above the house of horrors were spotted Tuesday afternoon.

“We are working with the Trenton Animal Shelter to provide support and medical care to dozens of these animals and a few are critical,” stated Trenton Animal Rocks in a social media posting.

Both the Trenton Animal Shelter and Trenton Animals Rock are seeking donations.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

This kinda stuff pisses me off. Poor innocent victims.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Jesus. This is enraging.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

WHY would anyone do something like this?? I know it has to be some kind of mental illness, and if I had the means and time, I'd love to rescue just about any dog or cat (or ferret) that I could! But I would think of the animal's welfare first, not my own selfish bullshit. I hate this with a passion.
    Brookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    WHY would anyone do something like this?? I know it has to be some kind of mental illness, and if I had the means and time, I'd love to rescue just about any dog or cat (or ferret) that I could! But I would think of the animal's welfare first, not my own selfish bullshit. I hate this with a passion.
    Most cases are mental illness. This guy was actually using them for breeding. Sooo many puppies were rescued along with adult dogs.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Thanks to your rescue group for helping out dksnj. Last month it was the monsters that had the numerous sick shih tzus, now this, this happens much too often. Poor babies, they are such fantastic animals and should never be treated like this.
    dksnj likes this.

Thread Information