Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: I am so sad...

Elite Member

Default I am so sad...

For the first time in my 53 years, I am without a cat. In the last 6 months, I've lost three kitties -- two in the last two weeks. One from a sudden stroke and one who was old and had a tumor -- not a shock.

Those who are friend with me on FB may wonder why I haven't posted about this. Crazy story, my last two cats were "secret" from one of my sisters who is super judgmental. I never told her we had them. One was an elderly cat we adopted that was in a hoarding situation and we wanted his last years to be comfortable (that is the one we lost this morning) and the other was a co-workers cat that she had to give away or put in a shelter. We took her. We only had those two for four years.

Weirder story... I was out to dinner with said sister when one secret cat had a stroke and I had to pretend everything was OK. I know, I'm 53 and shouldn't have to hide animals from my sister. I covered very well though.

It's so weird not to have a cat. We still have two dogs. But I've never not had a cat. I am so sad.

Also, this cat just died. We didn't have to take him to the vet to be euthanized. So I have a dead cat upstairs. Yikes. We're taking him to the vet to have him cremated. Can't just bury him... beagles. I can't deal with this. It's too sad. My heart is broken.

tulip, I am so sorry. That is traumatic to lose so many pets like that in such a short time frame. I wish there was something I could do...
    fgg and tulip like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!Ē Anonymous Introvert

Tulip Iím so sorry. I canít even think about my cat getting old or sick and I canít even imagine losing 3 in such quick succession.
    Please take care of yourself. And fuck your judgemental sister. I hope when the time is right you will go out and adopt another kitty (or 2 or 3).
    politesse, Beeyotch, A*O and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how much it hurts to lose them so close together.
    tulip likes this.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Lots of hugs. Give yourself some time, then go make a difference for another kitty who needs a home. There's so many of them. You have much love to share with one/some, and don't hide it from your sister.
    tulip likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

czb

sorry about your cats. but your sister, yikes.
    tulip likes this.

I'm sorry. I dread the day my boys go.Take care of yourself.
    tulip likes this.

we lost our last boy recently..and i am with no pet of any kind for the first time.So,i am missing all the pets i ever had.Tulip,i am sorry,i know how heartbreaking this is.Love your doggies until your heart is ready to love a kitty again.Take care!
    Brookie and tulip like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    For the first time in my 53 years, I am without a cat. In the last 6 months, I've lost three kitties -- two in the last two weeks. One from a sudden stroke and one who was old and had a tumor -- not a shock.

Those who are friend with me on FB may wonder why I haven't posted about this. Crazy story, my last two cats were "secret" from one of my sisters who is super judgmental. I never told her we had them. One was an elderly cat we adopted that was in a hoarding situation and we wanted his last years to be comfortable (that is the one we lost this morning) and the other was a co-workers cat that she had to give away or put in a shelter. We took her. We only had those two for four years.

Weirder story... I was out to dinner with said sister when one secret cat had a stroke and I had to pretend everything was OK. I know, I'm 53 and shouldn't have to hide animals from my sister. I covered very well though.

It's so weird not to have a cat. We still have two dogs. But I've never not had a cat. I am so sad.

Also, this cat just died. We didn't have to take him to the vet to be euthanized. So I have a dead cat upstairs. Yikes. We're taking him to the vet to have him cremated. Can't just bury him... beagles. I can't deal with this. It's too sad. My heart is broken.
    Hey, we're the same age! I loved having cats. Before kids, it was just Mrs Mo and I rattling around in our house, and they would often be with us when we went to bed, and even sleeping against me when I woke up. I loved being able to reach for them in the middle of the night. Lost them long ago.

Typical weekend below:

tulip, Daphodil, Brookie and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

Thanks. Losing Lola a few weeks ago was so odd. Parker was the old sick one. She had a sudden stroke. I didn't know cats could have strokes. Today when we were taking Parker to the vet to have him cremated, we were talking about all the cats we've had since we've been married and how we remember so clearly when/how we got them. Some of them were in our lives for many years, some only a short time, but all of them were loved beyond measure. We're rescuers. It's what we do.

I know we'll end up with another cat, or two, down the road. For now we have our crazy beagles who drive us completely nuts, but we love these guys completely too. They're getting older as well. Ugh. This pet thing is wonderful and horrible. But I'm so happy we've made homes for so many animals. That's what they deserve.

My sister just doesn't get it, and that's fine. I made a choice to not tell her about my last two cats because I just didn't want to hear about it from her, like I had before. It gets so old. It's not her life so I don't know why she cares, but she sure does.

Parker and Lola will go under the beautiful flowering crabapple tree with our other kitties. Every spring it blooms and I remember all our wonderful cats.

Thanks for your support!

One of my cats had a stroke last year - she survived a couple of more weeks, looked like she was getting stronger and healthier, then didn't and she died in my arms. You just can't tell with cats - they look and act okay, then POOF, something happens. Hang in there.
    Waterslide and tulip like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I'm really sorry, tulip. When my dogs died, there was a long space in between when I didn't have a pet and now a kitty came to live with me (it really was his idea), but I know how you feel. Life feels empty without pets. I hope there's a way you can rebuild your fur family soon, though. I'm sorry about the situation with your sister, too. Sending you hugs.
    Brookie, denny and tulip like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

So sorry for the loss of your cats. Pets are just part of the family, period. I had a little confrontation with reality the other week when somebody in pet medical care called an 8-year-old Golden Retriever a "senior dog". Our dog is 8 years old, but is mostly mistaken for anything between 8 months and about 2 years at the dog park. So, to now know dogs her size are considered seniors at this age, was kind of scary.
    denny, tulip, Brookie and 1 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Iím so sorry, Tulip. Kitties are the awesomest pets and when we lose them, itís devastating. 🤥. Hugs to you and when youíre ready, there are so many kitties who need a good human like you!!

Iím 53, too!
    tulip likes this.

My heart goes out to you, tulip. That is so heart-breaking to hear, three in such a short time. I wish your little two- and four-legged family comfort and time to heal. And rightly so that you protected what is dear to you from your sister, some people, family or not, will never understand and will just hurt you with their mindless ruthless opinions. So good you listened to your heart with this.

How wonderful to have their ashes under the crabapple tree - probably with some birds singing in it too? I didn't know how beautiful those trees blossom...

Mo's picture reminded me of a similar pic of our beasts - beds with favourite humans inside seem to be magnetic.
    tulip and MohandasKGanja like this.
    ďYou think I look like like a clown?Ē Kourtney shot back. ďWell, you look you just won the Tour de France and youíre cycling around town.Ē

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information