Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is what cigarettes do to you, warns anti-smoking campaigner hours before death

Quote Originally Posted by DrWangIsDead View Post
    20 years will do that to a person. Who's to say its the smoking? If a picture was taken 20 years ago of myself I would look better too. Bad genetics, not necessarily smoking.
    Yeah, and the oxygen tank is a totally trendy fashion accessory, not an unfortunate device needed to prolong what cancerous life there is left!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, and the oxygen tank is a totally trendy fashion accessory, not an unfortunate device needed to prolong what cancerous life there is left!

There are plenty of people on oxygen, that never smoked a day in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    ^^^There is no logic to addiction. I love many very good people who smoke, some are related to me and others are not. I don't know that there is such a thing as a 'pretty death', even those who live long and die of natural causes suffer long before they actually die (I know you didn't mean that literally). And who knows? It may not happen to your brother and there are others who quit who were still diagnosed 20 yrs later with cancer. No one knows when their time is up. However, I take exception to all the smokers with lung cancer bashing since I don't see people giving the same lashing to 42 yr old women trying to conceive who come down with congestive heart failure or some other pregnancy related disease. I mean, they knew what the risks were having a baby at their age, and they chose to do it but I don't hear them being called stupid when they either end up dead/near death or with a retarded 3 eyes baby. No one finger points to them and says, "Well, you knew the risks so you have no one to blame for yourself", blah blah blah. Well, I guess having a real chemical addiction is just not anywhere near as powerful as the urge to procreate. Sigh.
    when my dad quit smoking he smoked for over 60 years. he died from Colon Cancer. we're all going to die eventually. he knew the risks, but it was difficult for him. Hub smokes, and have already told him i will not attend his funeral if he dies from lung cancer. He may die from the cold, since i make him smoke outside, no matter what the weather.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by DrWangIsDead View Post
    There are plenty of people on oxygen, that never smoked a day in their life.
    Yes, but of what relevance is that in the context of the subject matter, which is a woman diagnosed with smoker's emphyzema who drowned on her own lung fluid?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well, it's true that something will kill ALL of us, but just watching those who intentionally inflict pain on themselves is enough to make me hurl. I've smoked occasionally when I go out, which isn't often. Maybe I'm a hypocrite, but there is something so nausating about the smell of it the day after that just gets me.

Yul Brenner did a nice ad about this before he died. This woman reminds me of my mom just before she passed away. She smoked for 44 years... started at 13, died at 57. She was a shell of a human being when she passed. It was simply tragic.

I take exception to all the smokers with lung cancer bashing since I don't see people giving the same lashing to 42 yr old women trying to conceive who come down with congestive heart failure or some other pregnancy related disease. I mean, they knew what the risks were having a baby at their age, and they chose to do it but I don't hear them being called stupid when they either end up dead/near death or with a retarded 3 eyes baby. No one finger points to them and says, "Well, you knew the risks so you have no one to blame for yourself", blah blah blah.
    AO does. A lot of us here do actually, I think if anything there's a bent on Gossip Rocks against older women having babies. Out in the big wide world though, I do agree with you that it goes pretty unchallenged for the most part.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by JamieElizabeth View Post
    Well, it's true that something will kill ALL of us, but just watching those who intentionally inflict pain on themselves is enough to make me hurl. I've smoked occasionally when I go out, which isn't often. Maybe I'm a hypocrite, but there is something so nausating about the smell of it the day after that just gets me.
    Oh I agree, but what in this world doesn't have side effects and won't help kill you?
    I hope everyone that lives in the city wears a gas mask when out and about, that smog is serious stuff too.

I smoke. I will most likely die from an unpleasant genetic disease. Lung cancer would be good news to me. So I keep on smoking. Outside and by myself. Not harming anyone. Leave me alone.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

no sucking up vast amounts of health care dollars for you then!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    no sucking up vast amounts of health care dollars for you then!
    yes, you will need people like Chilly and myself to help fund your advanced senility care someday.....

we help keep the balance by dying young

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'm going to show this to my sister, i've been nagging her for years to quit but she won't listen to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information