Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police raid home and shoot dogs

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Default Police raid home and shoot dogs

Police raid Md. mayor's home and kill his dogs

By BRETT ZONGKER, Associated Press Writer 41 minutes ago

Mayor Cheye Calvo got home from work, saw a package addressed to his wife on the front porch and brought it inside, putting it on a table. Suddenly, police with guns drawn kicked in the door and stormed in, shooting to death the couple's two dogs and seizing the unopened package.
    In it were 32 pounds of marijuana. But the drugs evidently didn't belong to the couple.
    Police say the couple appeared to be innocent victims of a scheme by two men to smuggle millions of dollars worth of marijuana by having it delivered to about a half-dozen unsuspecting recipients.
    The two men under arrest include a FedEx deliveryman; investigators said the deliveryman would drop off a package outside a home, and the other man would come by a short time later and pick it up.
    A furious Calvo said Thursday that he and his wife, Trinity Tomsic, are asking the U.S. Justice Department to investigate the July 29 raid.
    "Trinity was an innocent victim and random victim," Calvo said outside his two-story, red-brick house in this middle-class Washington suburb of about 3,000 people. "We were harmed by the very people who took an oath to protect us."
    Calvo insisted the couple's two black Labradors were gentle creatures and said police apparently killed them "for sport," gunning down one of them as it was running away.
    "Our dogs were our children," said the 37-year-old Calvo. "They were the reason we bought this house because it had a big yard for them to run in."
    The mayor, who was changing his clothes when police burst in, also complained that he was handcuffed in his boxer shorts for about two hours along with his mother-in-law, and said the officers didn't believe him when he told them he was the mayor. No charges were brought against Calvo or his wife, who came home in the middle of the raid.
    Prince George's County Police Chief Melvin High said Wednesday that Calvo and his family were "most likely ... innocent victims," but he would not rule out their involvement, and he defended the way the raid was conducted. He and other officials did not apologize for killing the dogs, saying the officers felt threatened.
    Police announced Wednesday they had arrested two men suspected in a plot to smuggle 417 pounds of marijuana, and seized a total of $3.6 million in pot. Investigators said the package that arrived on Calvo's porch had been sent from Los Angeles via FedEx, and they had been tracking it ever since it drew the attention of a drug-sniffing dog in Arizona.
    Police intercepted it in Maryland, and an undercover detective posing as a deliveryman took it to the Calvo home.
    Calvo's defenders — including the Berwyn Heights police chief, who said his department should have been alerted ahead of time — said police had no right to enter the home without knocking.
    But officials insisted they acted within the law, saying the operation was compromised when Calvo's mother-in-law saw officers approaching the house and screamed. That could have given someone time to grab a gun or destroy evidence, authorities said.
    Neighbors in Berwyn Heights, which Calvo described as "Mayberry inside the Capital Beltway," have rallied around the couple. On Sunday night, supporters gathered on a ballfield to pay tribute to the family and the dogs. A banner on the wooden fence around Calvo's yard read, "Cheye and Trinity, We support you, Friends and Citizens of Berwyn Heights." Around it were dozens of handwritten messages from supporters.
    In addition to being the part-time mayor, Calvo works at a nonprofit foundation that runs boarding schools. His wife is a state finance officer.
    "When all of this happened I was flabbergasted," said next-door neighbor Edward Alexander. "I was completely stunned because those dogs didn't hurt anybody. They barely bark."
    The case is the latest embarrassment for Prince George's County officials. A former police officer was sentenced in May to 45 years in prison for shooting two furniture deliverymen at his home last year, one of them fatally. He claimed that they attacked him. In June, a suspect jailed in the death of a police officer was found strangled in his cell.
    Calvo said he was astonished that police have not only failed to apologize, but declined to clear the couple's names.
    His wife spoke through tears as she described an encounter with a girl who used to see the couple walking their dogs.
    "She gave me a big hug and she said, `If the police shot your dogs dead and did this to you, how can I trust them?'" Tomsic said. "I don't want people to feel like that. I just want them to be proud of our police and proud to live in Prince George's County."
    ___
    Associated Press writers Sarah Karush and Nafeesa Syeed in Washington contributed to this story.
    Police raid Md. mayor's home and kill his dogs - Yahoo! News
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; August 7th, 2008 at 08:28 PM.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Police raid Md. mayor's home and kill his dogs

By BRETT ZONGKER, Associated Press Writer 41 minutes ago

Mayor Cheye Calvo got home from work, saw a package addressed to his wife on the front porch and brought it inside, putting it on a table. Suddenly, police with guns drawn kicked in the door and stormed in, shooting to death the couple's two dogs and seizing the unopened package.
    In it were 32 pounds of marijuana. But the drugs evidently didn't belong to the couple.
    Police say the couple appeared to be innocent victims of a scheme by two men to smuggle millions of dollars worth of marijuana by having it delivered to about a half-dozen unsuspecting recipients.
    The two men under arrest include a FedEx deliveryman; investigators said the deliveryman would drop off a package outside a home, and the other man would come by a short time later and pick it up.
    A furious Calvo said Thursday that he and his wife, Trinity Tomsic, are asking the U.S. Justice Department to investigate the July 29 raid.
    "Trinity was an innocent victim and random victim," Calvo said outside his two-story, red-brick house in this middle-class Washington suburb of about 3,000 people. "We were harmed by the very people who took an oath to protect us."
    Calvo insisted the couple's two black Labradors were gentle creatures and said police apparently killed them "for sport," gunning down one of them as it was running away.
    "Our dogs were our children," said the 37-year-old Calvo. "They were the reason we bought this house because it had a big yard for them to run in."
    The mayor, who was changing his clothes when police burst in, also complained that he was handcuffed in his boxer shorts for about two hours along with his mother-in-law, and said the officers didn't believe him when he told them he was the mayor. No charges were brought against Calvo or his wife, who came home in the middle of the raid.
    Prince George's County Police Chief Melvin High said Wednesday that Calvo and his family were "most likely ... innocent victims," but he would not rule out their involvement, and he defended the way the raid was conducted. He and other officials did not apologize for killing the dogs, saying the officers felt threatened.
    Police announced Wednesday they had arrested two men suspected in a plot to smuggle 417 pounds of marijuana, and seized a total of $3.6 million in pot. Investigators said the package that arrived on Calvo's porch had been sent from Los Angeles via FedEx, and they had been tracking it ever since it drew the attention of a drug-sniffing dog in Arizona.
    Police intercepted it in Maryland, and an undercover detective posing as a deliveryman took it to the Calvo home.
    Calvo's defenders including the Berwyn Heights police chief, who said his department should have been alerted ahead of time said police had no right to enter the home without knocking.
    But officials insisted they acted within the law, saying the operation was compromised when Calvo's mother-in-law saw officers approaching the house and screamed. That could have given someone time to grab a gun or destroy evidence, authorities said.
    Neighbors in Berwyn Heights, which Calvo described as "Mayberry inside the Capital Beltway," have rallied around the couple. On Sunday night, supporters gathered on a ballfield to pay tribute to the family and the dogs. A banner on the wooden fence around Calvo's yard read, "Cheye and Trinity, We support you, Friends and Citizens of Berwyn Heights." Around it were dozens of handwritten messages from supporters.
    In addition to being the part-time mayor, Calvo works at a nonprofit foundation that runs boarding schools. His wife is a state finance officer.
    "When all of this happened I was flabbergasted," said next-door neighbor Edward Alexander. "I was completely stunned because those dogs didn't hurt anybody. They barely bark."
    The case is the latest embarrassment for Prince George's County officials. A former police officer was sentenced in May to 45 years in prison for shooting two furniture deliverymen at his home last year, one of them fatally. He claimed that they attacked him. In June, a suspect jailed in the death of a police officer was found strangled in his cell.
    Calvo said he was astonished that police have not only failed to apologize, but declined to clear the couple's names.
    His wife spoke through tears as she described an encounter with a girl who used to see the couple walking their dogs.
    "She gave me a big hug and she said, `If the police shot your dogs dead and did this to you, how can I trust them?'" Tomsic said. "I don't want people to feel like that. I just want them to be proud of our police and proud to live in Prince George's County."
    ___
    Associated Press writers Sarah Karush and Nafeesa Syeed in Washington contributed to this story.

Interesting story..it needs a link though.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Beyond horrible.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I typically have nothing but respect for policeman... but trigger happy, impulsive lunatics like these a-holes make it hard sometimes.

Those poor poor dogs!

Disgusting.

Police=pigs.

They didn't have the shoot the dogs, what BIG men they are.

There have been other things that this police department has done. They have a rep for doing shit like this. A couple of year ago, a friend of mine told me they pulled over her brother and it was your basic police brutality with yanking him out of his car and throwing him down on the ground with 5 guns pointed at his head and with 2 of them actually touching his temples until they got the call about 10 minutes later with "You have the wrong guy, get your ass outta dodge"call.

Said they left him on the road in the middle of the nowhere with his shit all scattered out of his car. Did not offer to help him, did not apologize. He never did anything about it. I still say he should have sued and I hope this couple does.

This story makes me so sad. I don't know what i'd do if someone broke in and killed my dog. These are the types of cops that give policemen a bad name. I know a few police officers and for the most part they are great guys who have respect for their jobs. The ones who did this are pigs.

Horrible, hopefully they get their asses sued for all they are worth.

^ Me too

Two black labs I'd wana kill those cops if they were my dogs

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I hate cops. Spare me the 'maost are good but these were just jerks that shouldn't ruin it for everybody'. If you run with trash, you're trash,too. We can take comfort in knowing there are people who will want to kill them just for being cops I suppose.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

fucking bastards. i hate cops too; they are personality-challenged members of the population who fail at life other than they get to wear a badge 9 hours a day and think that makes them better.

Hopefully the next raid they go on doesn't go so good for them...

SVZ

Fuck those cops!!!

Of course those dogs were a "threat" they were trying to protect them from basically a robbing!

This is horrid . Those poor dogs. I hope the family can find a legal avenue to seek compensation, or at least an apology.

But seriously, spare me the 'cops are all brutal assholes' bullshit. I also think it's sick anyone could find comfort in the knowledge there are individuals in society who want to kill other people purely because of their occupation. An occupation no less, that serves for the most part to protect the community and maintain and enforce the basic functions of law.

I'm only going to say this once because I see the same pattern emerge in similar threads and some people just don't give up; not all cops are like this. Most reasonable people understand that.
    ssabmud

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information