Thread: AllofMp3.com sued for 1.65 TRILLION dollars

SVZ

Default AllofMp3.com sued for 1.65 TRILLION dollars

http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2006/12...-165-trillion/

I havenít been able to find information on the largest lawsuit in history but Iím sure this one is right up at the top. The RIAA (yes, I was just as shocked as you ) is suing the website AllofMP3.com on behalf of EMI, Sony BMG, Universal Music, and Warner Music in the amount of $150,000 for each of the 11 million songs that were downloaded from June to October of 2006. That comes to a lawsuit totaling $1.65 trillion!

For those of you who have been hibernating for the last few months Iíll give you a quick run down on the excitement that AllofMP3.com has had. They are a Russian music website that operates legally in Russia but it is deemed illegal in other countries, such as the United States, because they donít pay royalties to the artists. The RIAA continues to do everything in their power to shutdown the site but their attempts fail one after another. The United States even went as far as blocking Russiaís entrance into the World Trade Organization (WTO) until they shutdown the site.

I find this whole situation to be pretty amusing and love hearing about all of the new threats that continue to evolve. Oh yeah, and if you havenít joined AllofMP3.com or you need to add more money to your account theyíll give you a 20% bonus (until January 14, 2007). So there has never been a better time to get your music from a Russian site!

Maybe it's just being born into a certain generation, but I just can't see what's wrong about downloading music. If I like what I hear, I go out and spend on originals, DVDs, t-shirts, etc., anyway. Lars Ulrich could pay my way through college a few hundred times over. Poor starving artists.
    2 years...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I agree! I love Russia!!

They said the same thing about cassette recorders/players way back in the day. That taping from the radio would RUIN music sales, etc. Nope.

They got the good vodka over there in Russia don't they?? heehehee

Talk about From Russia With Love! Thanks!!!!! Don't stop the fight!

Thread Information