Thread: Forget fetus personhood; group in Florida wants to outlaw birth control

Default Forget fetus personhood; group in Florida wants to outlaw birth control

Well I have to give it to Personhood Florida; this religious freakshow group makes it clear that no PIV sexual activity must occur, lest a sperm meet an egg and human intervention through The Pill slaughter the embryo.
    A nationwide anti-abortion group launched an effort in Florida Friday to outlaw all abortions and certain types of birth control, including oral contraceptives and the morning-after pill.
    The religion-infused movement, called “Personhood Florida,” would define conception in Florida’s constitution at the “biological beginnings,” supporters said—when the sperm meets the egg. The group filed its amendment today but the exact ballot language is still being worked out, said Secretary of State Spokeswoman Jennifer Krell-Davis.
    The amendment seeks to outlaw all abortions, even in cases of rape and incest. Also criminalized: the morning-after pill and oral contraceptives taken by women, known as the pill. “There are some (birth control) methods that kill a child,” said Pat McEwan, who is leading the Personhood Florida group.
    The amendment faces extremely long odds. First, supporters must gather 676,811 signatures to make the ballot—by Feb. 1, to go before voters in 2010.
    And Florida has a 60-percent threshold for constitutional amendments to become law, a very difficult hurdle even for less radical ideas. In Colorado, the only state where the “personhood” amendment has appeared on the ballot, voters overwhelmingly rejected the idea by an almost three-to-one margin.
    Isn’t the sperm sacred too? This is where theocracy leads us—all you straight people out there who don’t think the religious right is coming into your bedroom or relationships need to think again. The sodomy-obsessed, fetus worshipping womb controllers and forced birth advocates don’t want anyone having any sex at any time (excluding of course, Republican Sexual Hypocrites, since no rules apply to them).

pandagon.net - we are the public option

Oh, how tiresome! Wait till they find out how high taxes will be to support them all.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

If the sperm were sacred it would mean men had to stop ejaculating unless it were for the express purpose of baby-making. And even then, a prayer should be said for all those sperm that didn't make it to the egg. They died a heroic death. LOL
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8[/youtube]

Yeah I get it

So would menstruation be criminalized too? A wasted unfertilized egg after all. Don't these people have anything better to do?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I have the every sperm is sacred song in my fucking head now.

Montana, using that kind of logic you would think they would want regular birth control pills because those would stop ovulation all together.

These people are fucking freaks and I hope I never have to deal with one in person; I am not restrained by etiquette these days.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Bronze Member

These kind of articles anger me so much because it's not just about birth control. Including myself, I know many women who went on the birth control to solve health problems. When I was in highschool my periods would skip for as long as 5 months and when I did get my period I would get flu symptoms (throwing up, fevers, etc). I also had constant awful pain my breasts. When I finally convinced my mom this wasn't normal I went to the doctor and found out I had cysts in my breasts that were causing the whole condition. The doctor told me the pill would shrink the cysts and if my symptoms disappeared they would not have to employ a more serious method of treatment (such as surgery). The pill shrunk the cysts and/or made some disappear completely and I am far healthier because of it. These groups need to not believe that they know what is for everyone. A women's descion to take hormones is very personal and these groups need to recognize that it isn't all about birth control. There, my rant is done...sorry for the length!

Great post, Bizzyrose.

Oh FFS
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Great post, Bizzyrose.
    thank you!
    Last edited by bizzyrose; September 17th, 2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: EDIT:ahh also i just realized i made the stupidest typo in my previous post: just imagine it says 'decision' not 'descion'

So, basically, they want to expand the meaning of abortion to include preventing conception from taking place. The fundies never learn.

Thread Information