Thread: Boy allegedly steals from ambulance as mom treated

Thumbs down Boy allegedly steals from ambulance as mom treated

Boy allegedly steals from ambulance as mom treated - Yahoo! News
    ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. A boy was arrested over the weekend on charges of stealing from an ambulance while paramedics were treating his mother. The Johnson City Press reported the boy, who was not named because he is a juvenile, was charged with stealing $5,000 in medical supplies. That includes an oxygen tank and an oxygen sensor machine.

He is also accused of stealing a purse belonging to one of the rescue workers and of breaking into a car several hours earlier and stealing credit cards, a cellular phone and a PlayStation portable video game.
    The boy was taken to the Juvenile Detention Center in Johnson City.

I am speechless.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I wonder what his mother was being treated for? It may well provide an insight into why Junior was in need of having his sticky little fingers chopped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I wonder what his mother was being treated for? It may well provide an insight into why Junior was in need of having his sticky little fingers chopped off.
    If that was my son,I'd be having a heart attack!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

sounds like a charming young man!

Sadly, it's not as surprising to me as it should be. The world is surely being overrun with those that think they are entitled to anything they want just because they want it. From welfare to living off credit cards until you can never repay to stealing to whatever. People are slowly forgetting the difference between right and wrong.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^No they are not. Do you think there were never criminals before? Or criminals who did nutty shit? Read some history, for the love of god and all that is holy. I would particularly recommend Victorian history, which will give some much needed insight into just how bad criminality can be.

By the way, I wonder how old the kid was? Resourceful little fucker.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    ^^No they are not. Do you think there were never criminals before? Or criminals who did nutty shit? Read some history, for the love of god and all that is holy. I would particularly recommend Victorian history, which will give some much needed insight into just how bad criminality can be.
    What the hell? Are you trying to tell us there never was a golden age of humanity?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

I'm sorry to be the one to break the news but it must be done. Here's a starter kit.

Young people have always got into trouble with the law. What changes over time is how society deals with its young offenders.

Before Victorian times no distinction was made between criminals of any age. Accordingly, young children could be sent to an adult prison. There are records of children aged 12 being hanged.

The Victorians were very worried about crime and its causes. Reformers were asking questions about how young people who had broken the law ought to be treated. They could see that locking children up with adult criminals was hardly likely to make them lead honest lives in the future. On the other hand, they believed firmly in stiff punishments. In 1854 Reformatory Schools were set up for offenders under 16 years old. These were very tough places, with stiff discipline enforced by frequent beatings. Young people were sent there for long sentences - usually several years. However, a young offender normally still began their sentence with a brief spell in an adult prison.Snapshots | Victorian children in trouble with the law

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

OMG! What about "the good old days"?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post

By the way, I wonder how old the kid was? Resourceful little fucker.
    seriously. i will never understand people who think we live in some kind of hell and think the past was some kind of golden age full of puppies and rainbows. humanity is no better or worse than it ever was.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Socrates (469399 B.C.): "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

^^I always laugh at that one. Some things never change.

--Sinclair Lewis

Gold Member

The world is not suddenly going to hell in a hand basket. We just hear about it now. Without internet, television, radio and print people carried on in ignorant bliss. The only time you worried about something was when it happened to you, when your comfort zone was threatened.

Like somebody else said, I want to know what Mommy was doing, children usually do follow the example set by their parents.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Exactly right about the deluge of info we live with now. Nothing has changed, it's just shoved in our faces everywhere we go.

--Sinclair Lewis

Thread Information