Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: Trump continues with the crazy....

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    And another one:
    I was reading about this this morning. On the night of the election the district in question, Antrim, was called for Biden, and then flipped to Trump as more votes came in. So, Trump won it and is disputing the vote count. However, a hand recount was already done. But there is a court case (by some crazy person) that is being reviewed by a judge - it might be rejected, it might not. What is amazing to me is how he keeps asking people to follow him further down a rabbit hole. I think it's going to lead to further marginalization and splitting of the Republican party. Kicking Cheney out of leadership, ironically, marginalizes a real right-wing Republican in order to appease the cult of personality. There is no way that this is a winning strategy for Republicans. But Kevin McCarthy is just an opportunist who doesn't have a strategy or backbone.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    And another one:
    Tiny hands, tiny penis, tiny brain.

I think he actually believes this bullshit now.
    HWBL and ConstanceSpry like this.

Even if one county flipped b/c of some fraud that was found, it wouldn't be enough to flip the ENTIRE election in multiple states. All the states have done re-counts and audits, the election was certified and Biden is president regardless of whatever lunacy Trump believes in.

I was reading that the current recount in AZ is likely illegal because they handed over federal voter information to a 3rd party who won't discuss how they are using that info.

I did read of one count of fraud in PA. A republican who registered his dead mom and mil (or gma, I can't remember). So, I really don't think it will go the way Trump wants.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/breaki...inal-capacity/

BREAKING: New York AG’s Office Says It’s Now ‘Actively Investigating the Trump Organization in a Criminal Capacity’

he office of New York attorney general Letitia James made a rather stunning public statement Tuesday night about the investigation into the Trump Organization.
    “We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the Organization is no longer purely civil in nature. We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA. We have no additional comment,” the statement first obtained by CNN reads.

This is the only update I want to see about Cheeto.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

about damn time.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Or someone just flipped on you.....
    fgg, Angeli, mostroop and 4 others like this.

It would be hilarious if it was Rudy.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

I picture Trump in a few years (if he's still living) being strapped to a bed somewhere still yelling about the stolen election while being injected with lorazepam and haloperidol.

A la Nancy the "bad witch" from The Craft.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

The CFO of trump org and personal accountant (who was his father's accountant first way back when) Allen Weisselberg is under criminal investigation for personal tax crimes. Can only be so loyal to trump until he realized it's not worth it if he's facing prison time.
    fgg, Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Silver Member

I can guarantee that he did not write or dictate that or any statement all by himself. It's always me, me, poor me, I'm so great and done great things, mean people are out to get me and on and on and on. My kids and grandaughters behaved better when they were toddlers.

Source: Raw Story

Trump is not 'delusional' -- it is much worse than that

Donald Trump speaks to a large crowd at "An Address to Young America" an event hosted by Students for Trump and Turning Point Action.

"Delusion." "Off the chart bonkers." "Insane." "Objectively nuts." These are some of the terms that pundits — both on the left and on the right — are using to describe Donald Trump's reported belief that he will be "reinstated" as president in August, a belief that is tied to the growing enthusiasm in QAnon circles for a Myanmar-style coup d'ιtat.

It's a comforting story: that Trump is a doddering fool who is lost in a pathetic fantasy. After all, there is no process to "reinstate" a former president. Moreover, the people who Trump is clearly getting this idea from are total kooks like his former lawyer Sidney Powell and pillow salesman Mike Lindell. And Trump himself is the "inject bleach" guy, no one's model for rigorous empirical thinking.

Unfortunately, this is one of those situations where it's unwise to underestimate Donald Trump.

It's true, of course, that there is no pathway (outside of a true military coup, which Trump is almost certainly not up to organizing) that would oust Joe Biden and install Trump in the White House within three months. But after all of this time, one would hope that U.S. punditry would grasp the fact that Trump's conspiracy theories are often not so much literal as they are aspirational.

Trump uses wild conjecture to project images of what he wants the world to look like, and passively allows his minions — whether they are close to him, like Rudy Giuliani, or worship him from afar, like the Capital rioters — to self-direct the actions they will take in order to make his fantasy a reality.

As I note in today's Standing Room Only newsletter
    , Trump loves the "will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?" style of giving orders, where he just puts a wish out into the world and hopes other people will pick up what he's putting down. As his former lawyer Michael Cohen famously noted in his testimony before the House before he went to prison for crimes committed on Trump's behalf, "He doesn't give you questions, he doesn't give you orders. He speaks in a code." It's a strategy that shields Trump from consequences while his self-directed minions, like Cohen or Giuliani or the Capitol rioters, take the fall. It also means less work for Trump.

So, no, Trump isn't going to be reinstated. But he probably doesn't actually think he will be. (His fellow conspiracy theorists like Sidney Powell will also, when the chips are down, admit that they don't really believe all the crazy crap they say.) But the purpose of floating that he could be reinstated is not to express a sincerely held belief so much as it is to send a message to his followers and, even more disturbingly, to GOP leadership: He wishes them to ramp up their already alarming attacks on democracy. Trump has already been successful at turning his false claims that the election was stolen from him into a litmus test for Republican politicians. Now he's upping the ante, using the mainstream media to amplify his message that it's time to start getting even more aggressive in the fight to end American democracy.

The most immediate goals expressed in Trump's conspiracy theories are often not achievable, but in the mere act of setting a marker with conspiracy theories, Trump often moves the needle closer to his goal of outright fascism. We saw how this played out with the January 6 insurrection. Trump fixated for weeks on a conspiracy theory that held that Vice President Mike Pence could simply deny Congress the right to count electoral votes and that doing so would magically result in Trump getting a second term. On its surface, this conspiracy theory was delusional. Pence didn't hold that power, and even if he did, the Constitution orders that the person sworn in is not the guy who lost the election, but the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi.

So while Trump failed at his literal goal of staying in the White House, by every other measure, the January 6 insurrection he incited was a wild success. To be sure, there were a few shaky days right after it happened where many Republican leaders seemed angry with Trump. Soon, however, they fell in line in supporting Trump, covering up for his insurrection, and punishing any Republican leaders who continued to believe that attempting to overthrow the U.S. government is a bad thing to do. And then they weaponized the Big Lie Trump used to incite the insurrection in order to justify state-level assaults on voting rights and fair elections.

Republican leaders "agree with the underlying ideological claim of the rioters, which is that Democratic electoral victories should not be recognized," Adam Serwer writes in a piece titled "The Capitol Rioters Won" for the Atlantic. Now "the Republican Party has focused on the long-term project of engineering the electorate to preserve its hold on power."

One of the most common misconceptions about conspiracy theories is that they are sincere expressions of belief. Sometimes that's true, but just as often, conspiracy theories are better understood functionally, not literally. They are tools that conspiracy theorists use to further their larger goals. It's irrelevant whether Trump "believes" that he could have kept power by stopping the electoral vote count on January 6 or that he'll be reinstated in August. What matters is how he uses these conspiracy theories, to promote the ideological belief that a multi-racial democracy is bad, that a white conservative minority deserves to rule over the majority, and that any means necessary to make that happen are on the table.

That is why, as I explained Thursday, Trump doesn't just believe that he'll be "reinstated" in August. If it was merely a belief, he could play golf all day, content that the Secret Service will show up soon to whisk him off to his rightful place in the White House on the appointed date. But instead, as the National Review's Charles C.W. Cooke — himself a hardcore conservative, if one who is a little more reality-bound than most — wrote, "Trump is trying hard to recruit journalists, politicians, and other influential figures to promulgate this belief." It's not a passive expression of belief, but an instrument that Trump is using to manipulate the media, his followers, and the Republican party.

This particular conspiracy theory has a twofold function. The first and most obvious is to keep pushing the Republican party towards fascism. But of course, they're already going there, so probably didn't need more of a push from Trump. The second, and perhaps more important to Trump himself, is that the conspiracy theory keeps him at the center of this story. As Axios founder Jim VandeHei said on MSNBC Friday morning, Trump is "frustrated" and "having a hard time getting through" because "people are no longer obsessed with what Donald Trump has to say."

It's definitely possible that Republicans will use Trump's Big Lie to build up all this anti-democratic infrastructure — voter suppression laws, gerrymandering, laws that make it easy to throw out elections that Democrats win — and that politicians other than Trump will be the main beneficiaries. There are almost three years until Republicans can vote in a presidential primary, and a lot can happen in that time. Trump's emergence as the next nominee is not guaranteed, as much as it may seem to be right now. And so the GOP may be set up to steal the next presidential election, but for someone who isn't Trump. This new conspiracy theory helps reinscribe the notion that Trump is the only path forward for the GOP, that his ascendance is preordained, and that Republicans better not even consider thinking about running someone with less baggage or better hair.

So no, I don't think Trump believes he'll be reinstated in August. I don't think Trump really believes anything, not in the way that most people hold beliefs at least. He has a purely instrumentalized view of the world: "Beliefs" aren't sincerely held, but just another tool to manipulate others. He never asks himself "is this true?" so much as "what will it get me to say this?" And when it comes to this particular conspiracy theory, the answer may sadly be "quite a lot."
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

The media needs to stop giving him oxygen and ignore him.

Elite Member

I came here to see if anyone was posting about Trump apparently wearing his pants backwards during his speech yesterday to the North Carolina Republican convention.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information