Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Tiger Woods in surgery after suffering injury in 1-car rollover accident

Do you get a high school letterman jacket in Germany for being on the varsity chess team? That would be something.

Ha, no clue
    I read this: Why Is Chess A Sport?

• The International Olympic Committee considers chess to be a sport.
    • Chess requires physical exertion as mental exertion manifests itself physically.
    • Chess has rules and etiquette which are officially recognized internationally.
    • Chess is competitive as the participating players feel the drive to win.
    • Chess requires skill as a deep and serious chess training is necessary to become good at chess.
    -

Technically, you don't even need arms and legs to play chess.

czb

people without arms and legs can participate in the paralympics.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

This jackass:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/just-i...-of-his-crash/

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has reportedly determined the cause of the February car crash that sent Tiger Woods to the hospital for three weeks.
    The Sheriff’s department believes that excessive speed was the sole cause of the golf legend’s accident. Woods, the Sheriff’s office said at a press conference Wednesday, was driving at 83 miles per hour — nearly double the speed limit of 45.
    The 15-time major champion suffered fractures to the tibia and fibula in the crash — as well as injuries to his foot and ankle. His S.U.V. was reported to have struck the median of a road near Rancho Palos Verdes in Los Angeles County, and then cross the opposite lanes of traffic, before rolling over multiple times. No other vehicles were involved.
    The crash prompted speculation of possible substance use by Woods, who has publicly documented struggles with prescription pain killers. In 2017, Woods was found asleep at the wheel in Florida with the engine running and was arrested on D.U.I charges, though he ultimately accepted a plea deal and only admitted reckless driving. After his arrest, a toxicology report found five drugs in his system — THC, the active ingredient for marijuana; a generic version of Vicodin; Dilaudid; Xanax; and Ambien. He had no alcohol in his system at the time of his arrest.
    L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said at a press conference in February, that substance use did not appear to be a factor in the crash, however, “there was no effort to draw blood, for example at the hospital.”
    The Sheriff’s department is slated to hold a news conference on Wednesday afternoon.

Didn't they immediately take him in to surgery? And they don't do a blood draw? Bullshit.
    czb, Beeyotch, Kittylady and 5 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

i think if he was on anything they would have said. in some ways it's even worse that he was this dumb while stone cold sober. he has zero excuse.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

...no citation? That doesn't seem right. This was his third high profile wreck in a number of years. Not OK.
    C_is_for_Cookie, DawnM74 and holly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Do you get a high school letterman jacket in Germany for being on the varsity chess team? That would be something.
    Kids at my school got lettermans jackets for drama. If that counts then so does Chess.

My old Lettermans jacket is hanging in my sons closet and he thinks it is SO LAME! I lettered 6 times, he knows nothing!

Tiger clearly did not letter in performance driving...
    tulip and DawnM74 like this.

DarkJr got a letter for being in theater/acting. But he did have a couple major stage roles that involved a lot of dialogue and emotion. He directed a short film. And acted in another the group did. The one major play he didn't star in he was stage manager for, this involved a lot of work. But he enjoyed it.

Theater/acting was the one coed activity at his all-boys school. The girls from their 2-3 sister schools down the road would come to his school and they all had theater together.

He does not get this ability to be comfortable on stage from me. I was in theater in HS too, but solely behind the scenes doing things like costume and set design. And art for the programs.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I wasn't negating the difficulty of theater, it's a whole world I'd be terrified to be in. Those kids work hard. I was just meaning that there are a lot of things you can letter in, not specifically sports.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think if he was on anything they would have said. in some ways it's even worse that he was this dumb while stone cold sober. he has zero excuse.
    But I don't think they're saying he wasn't on anything, they're saying he wasn't tested for anything, so it "doesn't appear" substances were a factor.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    I wasn't negating the difficulty of theater, it's a whole world I'd be terrified to be in. Those kids work hard. I was just meaning that there are a lot of things you can letter in, not specifically sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    DarkJr got a letter for being in theater/acting. But he did have a couple major stage roles that involved a lot of dialogue and emotion. He directed a short film. And acted in another the group did. The one major play he didn't star in he was stage manager for, this involved a lot of work. But he enjoyed it.

Theater/acting was the one coed activity at his all-boys school. The girls from their 2-3 sister schools down the road would come to his school and they all had theater together.

He does not get this ability to be comfortable on stage from me. I was in theater in HS too, but solely behind the scenes doing things like costume and set design. And art for the programs.
    Tiger probably could have lettered in theater since he managed to convince police officers that flying off into the woods on a 45 mph road wasn't due to some kind of substance issue.

i think tiger has a death wish. or at the very least major self destructive tendencies. and anger issues.
    DawnM74, tulip, holly and 3 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information