Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Tiger Woods in surgery after suffering injury in 1-car rollover accident

The other thing he could have been doing was texting and driving. That definitely would have hindered his ability to negotiate a turn. I also heard that while they didn't believe he was under the influence, they didn't do any tests for alcohol or drugs either. On the news tonight, they said they are pulling the black box from the car to determine what was happening ion the last few minutes before the crash. That should definitely help determine whether speed was a factor.
    fgg likes this.

czb

ugh. i was assuming possibly texting while driving. but why you would do that on that road is beyond me.

is it not their standard protocol to test for dui in this kind of accident?

Texting and driving at a high rate of speed? Ok.

I don't know if there was any coverage today, didn't watch, but it went on for hours yesterday with very little update and it was like no one dared mention what everyone was thinking, given his past history with vehicles and controlled substances. Sorry, but if this man was sober then he shouldn't have been behind the wheel of a car because he does not know how to drive. If he was taking narcotics for his pain, then hire a driver! Not like he's never been there before.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Texting and driving at a high rate of speed? Ok.
    I agree that they may have decided not to pursue an intoxication angle because he was in an accident where he was the only one injured. I wonder what the protocol is? I thought of texting mainly because of the accident that supermodel Niki Taylor was in when her then-fiance crashed their car into a pole while he was trying to answer his cell. She ended up in a coma for six weeks and needed 56 operations to put her back together. It's disappointing that we may never know if it involved substances, especially given he was already in two other incidents involving them and the use of a car.

fgg

i wonder if genesis is thinking that this is good publicity for them. lend tiger a car, get some free press!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

But if he had to have surgery - wouldn't they automatically test the blood for possible medications / toxins beforehand?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    But if he had to have surgery - wouldn't they automatically test the blood for possible medications / toxins beforehand?
    For alcohol, I think it would have metabolized by the time they tested him.

It was 7 am, I think the pills are more likely than alcohol. But I suppose you can't rule it out with him. Not that we'll ever find out, I guess. *disappointed*
    MohandasKGanja and Kittylady like this.

^^^ at least he won't be driving himself around, being a danger to others on the road, for quite some time.

i saw on the bbc this morning that he's not getting charged and police don't think drink or drugs were involved, and that the accident happened on a stretch of road where accidents are common.
    not sure if 'drugs' includes drugs he had a prescription for though.

Tiger Woods car crash: Golfing champion will not face criminal charges

Published
    8 hours ago

media captionGolfer Tiger Woods has been injured in a car crash
    Tiger Woods will not face any criminal charges following the single-car crash he was involved in on Tuesday that left him with serious injuries.

The US golfing champion was driving alone on a Los Angeles downhill stretch of road known for crashes.

His SUV hit the central reservation, crossed into the opposite lane, rolled over several times and then plunged off the road and down an embankment.

He is recovering after surgery to his fractured leg and shattered ankle.

"A reckless driving charge has a lot of elements into it, this is purely an accident," Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva told reporters.

There no evidence Woods was impaired by drugs or alcohol, he added.

"He was not drunk," he said on Wednesday. "We can throw that one out."

He added the most Woods could face would be a low-level offence known as an infraction if investigators concluded that he was speeding or not paying attention, the AFP news agency reports.

Woods underwent surgery on his leg after he was removed from the wreck of his car by firefighters and paramedics.

He suffered fractures on the tibia and fibula bones in his lower right leg.

Injuries to his foot and ankle have been stabilised with screws and pins.

On Wednesday, Mr Villanueva said of the road where the accident happened: "Because it is downhill, it slopes and curves, that area has a high frequency of accidents. It is not uncommon."

He said the car hit a kerb, a tree and rolled over several times.

Woods, who had been recovering from a fifth round of back surgery in January, was in Los Angeles to host last week's Genesis Invitational PGA Tour event and was driving one of the tournament cars when he crashed.

Woods' personal struggles

IMAGE COPYRIGHTREUTERS
    image captionTiger Woods won his fifth Masters title in 2019
    It is not the first time Woods has been in a car accident. He was involved in a car crash in November 2009 which eventually led to admissions of infidelity and the breakdown of his marriage. He then took a break from golf, but returned shortly afterwards.

Following five wins in 2013, Woods started just 24 events in the next four years because of chronic back pain and multiple surgeries.

In 2017, he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence when he was found asleep at the wheel of his car. He later pleaded guilty to reckless driving.

He had five prescription drugs in his system as he recovered from the spinal fusion surgery that ultimately gave him a second golfing career.

Woods ended an 11-year wait to claim a 15th major title when he won the Masters at Augusta National for a fifth time in 2019.

He jointly holds the record for most PGA Tour wins at 82 with Sam Snead and is three behind Jack Nicklaus' mark of 18 major titles.

Woods recently said he had hoped to recover from his back surgery in time to play in this year's Masters in April.

He ended 2019 sixth in golf's world rankings, but is now 50th.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

police don't think drink or drugs were involved, that the accident happened on a stretch of road where accidents are common.
    Yeah, there's no way that a dangerous stretch of road would make someone under the influence EVEN MORE LIKELY to go careening out of their lane and down a ravine. Good job, Officer Dumb*ss!

czb

it's good to be famous ....

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    In the photo in this tweet from the other day he looks...off

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeekedSpo...12704649453574
    My sister watched whatever golf was on Sunday and commented that he didn't look good.
    Sarzy likes this.

I heard on the news this morning that he was late for a photo shoot. They reported no drink or drugs were involved. Given he had surgery wouldn't they test prior to anaesthetic? Like Funky said?
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I can't believe all the reports where people are asking if he is going to be able to play golf competitively again. And doctors and anchors are saying "Well, this is Tiger Woods, so blah, blah, blah, anything's possible." He is a 45-year-old who broke both bones in his lower legs into four piece -- 2 bones became 8. He almost lost his leg. They had to cut the membranes on his muscle to enable circulation. The realistic question is if he is ever going to be able to walk hole to hole during his son's golf matches.
    Sarzy, Trixie, dexter7 and 8 others like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information