Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Shocking Val Kilmer interview

czb

^^^ normally i would agree that his cancer is not our business. but isn't that included in the docu? if so, then i think it's fair to comment on it.
    Daphodil and Novice like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb;[URL="tel:3818650"
    3818650[/URL]]^^^ normally i would agree that his cancer is not our business. but isn't that included in the docu? if so, then i think it's fair to comment on it.
    Sorry I was responding to but at least he now acknowledges he's had throat cancer.
    czb and crayzeehappee like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I know I’m biased but I don’t see why it’s our business if he had (throat) cancer or not. Not everyone is a raging narcissist (see above) like Jolie making us examine her belly button fluff….
    Also VK was brought up as a Christian Scientist and it must be quite hard to go against that belief/conditioning/whatever. That he is an actor who has lost his “voice” I can’t imagine what that is like.
    Sorry I was responding to “but at least he now acknowledges he's had throat cancer.”
    Oh, I don't think it's the general public's business, either. I also don't think it's right that Michael Douglas "outed" VK's battle with cancer before he was ready if he at all was ever ready to share that. But what I meant with "at least he now acknowledges he's had throat cancer" is that he seemed to be in denial about the seriousness of his health problems, even after he got the tracheostomy and his obvious, earlier, speech problems a few years back. I seem to remember seeing a clip of him somewhere on a stage, where he was also barely understandable and he had to keep wiping his mouth with a handkerchief. I believe that even around that time when things obviously were very serious, he wrote it off as something that would soon get better. I understand that psychologically it must be very hard to wrap your brain around a possible death sentence and everybody copes with it in their own time and way. His way seemed to be denial, or perhaps wishful thinking, or even his (religious) belief that it would all turn out alright, even at that serious stage.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I know I’m biased but I don’t see why it’s our business if he had (throat) cancer or not. Not everyone is a raging narcissist (see above) like Jolie making us examine her belly button fluff….
    Also VK was brought up as a Christian Scientist and it must be quite hard to go against that belief/conditioning/whatever. That he is an actor who has lost his “voice” I can’t imagine what that is like.
    agreed.
    but i think once the info leaks and/or there are photos, by not confirming or saying anything, it just fuels more speculation. it sucks, because no one should have to publicly discuss their health unless they want to, an in their own time.
    and it sucks that those photos were leaked and rumours started. it's pretty clear he didn't want to go through that publicly, at least not in the moment.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It depends on the condition. Some afflictions are the kind that you can hide for a really long time - to the point where the public is seemlngly in shock when the person dies. Two prominent examples are John Cazale and Chadwick Bozeman. Cazale's condition was, as far as I can tell, only known to his friends and the studio heads. Cazale's condition was in such an advanced state that DeNiro had to pay for his insurance and guarantee the studio they would get a product. And then, Cimino shot all of Cazale's sequences up front as further assurance. Cazale never even lived long enough to see the finished film. But he actually looks pretty healthy in the movie.

But Kilmer's condition is not just visible, it's audible. It sucks, but people are going to notice and ask questions. Not that anyone should be giving out his specific health information.
    HWBL, Novice, weathered1 and 1 others like this.

^David Bowie hid it from the public too, and extremely well. It really does suck for Val that he wasn't able to keep it to himself/his family as long as he wanted because it involves his voice.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information