Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Sharon Osbourne called co-hosts ‘slanty eyes,’ ‘wonton’ and ‘p—y licker,’

Elite Member

If you want really bad, I watched The Real once or twice too. Yikes.
    Annika likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I’ve never watched the talk or the view.
    the only experience i have with either of those shows is watching clips of epic fights between the hosts or guests and hosts. i have never watched it on a television.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    If you want really bad, I watched The Real once or twice too. Yikes.
    the real???? how many 'the' shows with a roundtable of a diverse group of women arguing over political correctness are there?

i was thinking of that letter holly robinson peete wrote to sharon after getting axed is probably what she thought right after her firing, who knows what story ended up unfolding after that. she may have thought it was julie who got her fired, it could have been sharon, it could have been both sharon and julie, it could have been just julie. who the hell knows! it's not great proof though.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    probably most of the crap they claim about sharon is true. but i've seen this at work many times... they only get rid of someone if they suck, are a liability, or can get someone as good for significantly less $$$. so most likely, the Talk sees her as one or a combination of those. or the show is gonna go belly up anyway. the one or 2 times i saw it, it really sucked.
    yeah that's what i was thinking. it makes no sense to have her on the same show as elaine welteroth and i bet cbs just saw it as the perfect opportunity to get rid of her and bring in some fresh blood and revamp the show. from all the comments here it certainly sounds like it needs it.
    czb likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Silver Member

I watched the Talk this afternoon and it was dull with the current line up. I'm not even sure who they could bring in to save the show. I don't see it lasting beyond this year.

Silver Member

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-race-row.html

Sharon Osbourne is reportedly set to tell all about her exit from The Talk amid that explosive race row as she sits down for a televised interview with US TV host Bill Maher, 65.
    The 68-year-old sensationally quit the chat show in March following an on air clash with fellow presenter Sheryl Underwood, 57, after she defended pal Piers Morgan's comments about Meghan Markle's suicide claim.
    And amid the fallout fro the events, which saw The Talk go on a month-long hiatus, Sharon will reportedly tell her side of the story when she appears as a guest on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday.

+10

Her side: Sharon Osbourne is reportedly set to tell all about her exit from The Talk amid that explosive race row as she sits down for a televised interview with US TV host Bill Maher

The American television show tweeted the line-up on Thursday, with the wife of rocker Ozzy Osbourne top of the bill, alongside other guests Rosa Brooks and Ian Bremmer.

It comes after Sharon recently revealed she didn't watch The Talk on its return this week after leaving the show after her explosive on-air clash with co-star Sheryl.
    British TV personality Sharon recently left the program following the row with Underwood on March 10, and though the show came back on screen this week after being removed from the schedules while a review into the incident was carried out, Sharon wasn't among the viewers.
    Sources told TMZ that Sharon was 'otherwise engaged' when the show returned on Monday and she hasn't spoken to Sheryl since their public falling out more than three weeks ago, though it is unclear whether she will reach out to her in the near future.

+10

Drama: The 68-year-old sensationally quit the chat show in March following an on air clash with fellow presenter Sheryl Underwood, 57, after she defended pal Piers Morgan's comments about Meghan Markle's suicide claim

+10

Official: The American television show tweeted the line-up on Thursday, with the wife of rocker Ozzy Osbourne top of the bill, alongside other guests Rosa Brooks and Ian Bremmer

When asked on the show on Monday if she'd remain friends with Sharon, Sheryl said she'd wait to see how the former X Factor judge behaved with her.
    She said: 'People have asked me, "Well, if you see Sharon, what would you do?" If she greeted me warmly and sincerely, I would give her back the same, because we've been on this show for 10 years.
    'I want people to understand when you're friends with somebody you stay friends with. And what did Maya Angelou say? When people show you who they are, believe them.'

+10

Moving on: Sharon revealed she didn't watch The Talk on its return this week after leaving the show amid racism accusations

+10

Yikes: Sharon left the program following her explosive on-air row with co-presenter Sheryl Underwood on March 10, and though the show came back on screen this week after being removed from the schedules while a review into the incident was carried out, Sharon wasn't among the viewers

Sheryl Underwood says she has PTSD from Sharon Osbourne argu
    The two women had argued over Sharon's decision to defend her friend Piers Morgan against allegations of racism in the wake of his departure from UK TV show Good Morning Britain, which stemmed from his criticism of the Duchess of Sussex and her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey.
    Following the fall-out, Sharon's former co-stars Julie Chen and Leah Rimini publicly came out to complain that Osbourne once referred to Chen as 'a wonton' and Rimini as being 'ghetto.'
    Sheryl Underwood tearfully claimed she has been suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) following her heated on-air clash with Sharon Osbourne, as The Talk returned to TV screens after an almost month-long hiatus on Monday.

+10

In the past: The two women had argued over Sharon's decision to defend her friend Piers Morgan against allegations of racism in the wake of his departure from Good Morning Britain, which stemmed from his criticism of the Duchess of Sussex and her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey (seen in February 2020)

'I feel like I'm in PTSD, because it was a trauma, and I feel like I want to get past this,' Underwood said while holding back tears, addressing the drama that saw Osbourne quit the CBS show after speaking up for her friend Piers Morgan.
    Osbourne defended Morgan, 56, for saying he didn't believe Meghan Markle was suicidal during her Oprah Winfrey interview - which lead to a very heated exchange between herself and Underwood.
    When The Talk returned on Monday, Sheryl and her co-hosts Carrie Ann Inaba, Elaine Welteroth, and Amanda Kloots, pledged to 'honestly discuss' what had happened on March 10.

+10

Struggles: 'I feel like I'm in PTSD, because it was a trauma' Underwood said while holding back tears, addressing the drama that saw Osbourne quit the CBS show after speaking up for her friend Piers Morgan

+10

Back: When The Talk returned on Monday, Sheryl and her co-hosts Carrie Ann Inaba, Elaine Welteroth, and Amanda Kloots, pledged to 'honestly discuss' what had happened on March 10

The show also featured Donald E. Grant, an expert on diversity, equity, inclusion and justice, and Anita Phillips, a trauma therapist and life coach, who was there to help the women show others how to feel 'comfortable' when having 'difficult conversations.'
    Sheryl said: 'We need to process the events of that day and what happened since so we can get to the healing. Over the next hour we'll honestly discuss what occurred and explore some of our feelings, and we'll also show you how anyone can become more comfortable discussing important issues and having difficult conversations.
    She added: 'And by the end of the hour, we want everyone to feel empowered and ready to move forward.'
    Sharon Osbourne set to receive up to $10 million payout

+10

Talk about it: The show also featured Donald E. Grant, an expert on diversity, equity, inclusion and justice, and Anita Phillips, a trauma therapist and life coach, who was there to help the women show others how to feel 'comfortable' when having 'difficult conversations'

I wish people wouldn’t bandy about PTSD in such an off-hand way.

Sharon has always been a self-serving piece of work but when you’re brought up in a family of an abusive greedy bastard what do you expect?
    czb, Lofty Bike, Kittylady and 6 others like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I wish people wouldn’t bandy about PTSD in such an off-hand way.
    Ditto

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Silver Member

The interview was far too short.

Mh, why would she talk to Maher? Two white people talking about racism, she insists she isn't racist (ignoring her tirade against Sheryl Underwood) and I guess he ensures her that she isn't, establishing... well nothing.

Elaine Welteroth accuses Sharon Osbourne’s camp of ‘illegally recording’ her

Sharon Osbourne’s behavior continues to cause drama at “The Talk,” months after she left the show following the infamous race row incident in March.
    The Daily Mail published leaked audio earlier this week of then-co-host Elaine Welteroth consoling a sobbing Osbourne after the blow-up, and multiple sources told Page Six it was an “illegal recording.”

They’re masquerading like it was a ‘hot mic’ moment, but they were not [wearing the show’s mics] at all. Someone in Sharon’s camp illegally recorded their conversation and leaked it. It was the ultimate Karen move. Sharon is the unhinged TV Karen,” the source said describing Osbourne as the viral catch-all name for supposedly victimized white women.
    In the audio, Welteroth is heard comforting an emotional Osbourne and assuring her that she is “not a racist.”
    In a statement to “Entertainment Tonight” on Thursday, Welteroth expressed no regret for “sharing these feelings in a private conversation” with Osbourne and confirmed that she was “unlawfully recorded without consent.”
    “I am disheartened, however, that my kindness has been taken out of context and weaponized,” she said.
    It is potentially a crime in California to record a conversation without the consent of all parties involved. But “Sharon doesn’t care,” another insider said.
    “This is her . . . vendetta against the show,” said the insider. She’s “probably been holding onto [the audio] for this moment. It’s no coincidence that it was released as the show announced Jerry O’Connell as her replacement. It’s pretty crappy because everyone thought they’d move on and was ready for the new chapter,” they alleged.
    Meanwhile, a third source explained that “Sharon pulled Elaine into her dressing room, crying. Elaine is the new junior person on the show and she was being respectful to the most senior host of the show, and now she’s being maligned for being nice to her,” they said.
    O’Connell officially replaced Osbourne as host this week and the first source said, “Everyone is excited and ready to move on from the Osbourne era.”
    Reps for Osbourne, Welteroth and “The Talk” did not comment.

pagesix

"I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

sharon's a jerk and good riddance but after teen vogue i had higher hopes for elaine welteroth's career than hosting a cheap knock-off of the view (which is also terrible). but she's really nothing special as a TV host, she was only ok on project runway.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information