Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oprah Winfrey devastated

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    And she has done. I cannot imagine that Oprah isn't micro-managing this situation. Do you think that she is glad that this has happened? That she engineered this so that she could get MORE publicity? I assume she is handling the situation as best she can. And don't forget that she is also dealing with a different culture in a different country.

There are NO absolute guarantees on anybody no matter how great their references are or how closely they are watched. Corporate America breaks more rules, and has more psychopaths working for it, especially at the top, than I care to think about. Are you saying that everybody who works for corporate America from the CEOs on down, is infallible simply because they are monitored? The headlines don't support that.

And who is monitoring the monitors? The whole thing becomes ludicrous.

I agree and the monitors are women, she obviously tried to keep them safe. And she cleaned house after the fact and gave all the girls cell phones with her numbers in it and for them to tell if something happens.. I think she tries I know everyone hates her but I just cannot blame her for this.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    And she has done. I cannot imagine that Oprah isn't micro-managing this situation. Do you think that she is glad that this has happened? That she engineered this so that she could get MORE publicity? I assume she is handling the situation as best she can. And don't forget that she is also dealing with a different culture in a different country.

There are NO absolute guarantees on anybody no matter how great their references are or how closely they are watched. Corporate America breaks more rules, and has more psychopaths working for it, especially at the top, than I care to think about. Are you saying that everybody who works for corporate America from the CEOs on down, is infallible simply because they are monitored? The headlines don't support that.

And who is monitoring the monitors? The whole thing becomes ludicrous.
    Of course it can be done, easy. It's done all the time. Take precaution before it happens, especially with a different culture in a different country. Yea, there have been issues with some corporate companies, but most of the headlines have been due to financial discrepancies. Personnel are monitored and safeguarded as well. I'm talking about monitoring a school and school children. It's done in some of our schools, and there are films and other tools to support it, and those that are doing the monitoring have been doing an outstanding and exhausting job. And it's not ludicrous, helps so many of our kids/educators remain safe and brings relief to their parents. It provides the ability to root out gangs, drugs, bullies, etc., and thus focus on education. It works!

Yes, it's done all the time, but human beings, what they are, do unpredictable things. I am talking about this specific case -- you seem to be talking about all kinds of different things.

Precautions WERE taken. Things can happen even with the best of intentions. Are you suggesting that Oprah and the people/officials helping her run this school simply picked somebody up off the street and said, "Hey, run this school and do whatever you want." I am sorry, but your argument doesn't hold up.

In order to monitor everybody at every moment at all times, you'd have to have cameras and security everywhere. That's called prison and even in prison, people still manage to do a hell of a lot things they shouldn't.
    Last edited by pacific breeze; November 10th, 2007 at 02:38 AM.

Bitch got exactly what she deserved. God, I hate her.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

^^But nothing happened to Oprah. It was the girls who were abused. Why would you be happy that innocent children were abused? *confused*

Actually, don't bother to respond. I think you are deliberately being provocative and I'm not gonna waste my time on it.

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    Bitch got exactly what she deserved. God, I hate her.
    Who, Oprah or the lady who got arrested?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information