Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1306
Like Tree5541Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

This could make for a very special season of Survivor. Can we lock Katie Hopkins in there too?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I hope that one day she gets locked in a small room with Piers Morgan and their ever swelling egos suffocate each other.
    That's just an all kinds of awesome statement, Kittylady.
    Kittylady and DawnM74 like this.

fgg

Omid Scobie: Multiple royals were aware of the ‘baby’s skin color’ conversation

Omid Scobie spoke at the Foreign Press Association last week, and the Daily Mail was all in a tizzy. In the first paragraphs of their coverage, they referred to Scobie as “Meghan Markle’s close friend” and “the Sussexes’ preferred royal reporter.” I don’t really think Scobie is either? He’s not Meghan’s close friend but he’s one of the reporters they like and provide exclusives to. Mostly, I’ve always just thought that Scobie is very fair to the Sussexes and that is apparently enough to get him labeled pro-Sussex. Anyway, Scobie obviously still gets updates on the Sussexes and he obviously knows a lot more than he got to report in Finding Freedom. Which brings me back to his Foreign Press Association speech, where he talked about Meghan’s plans to return to the UK for a visit and the racism which was (and is) pervasive throughout the royal family. Some highlights:

On the “what color will the baby’s skin be” controversy: ‘There was one conversation that took place that affected them massively, when it came to someone within the royal family sharing concerns over the colour of Archie’s skin. To Harry I can see how it is one conversation, to Meghan who would have been involved in the follow up conversations I can see – because there were other people aware of this conversation within the family and within the institution, that did also speak about it, some not so sympathetically. So you then are in a position where you start to feel, well it’s not just this one person, it’s others as well and it becomes a much bigger issue.’

Scobie on which royal asked about Archie’s skin color: Mr Scobie said ‘pass’ when queried if he knew who made the initial remark about skin colour, saying he only had one source and would not write about it because he had not verified with multiple contacts. He said it was a story for the couple to share should they ever want. But cryptically he said: ‘And at the time, the biggest conversation was ‘did this come from a senior member of the royal family, a future head of state?’. If that individual is a head of state, then we as a public have a right to know because of course that is someone that is our head of state, head of the Commonwealth. And if they have an issue with race, we should know.’

On the Queen’s ‘some recollections may vary’ statement: Mr Scobie hit out today and said the Queen’s statement ‘cleverly using the phrase recollections may vary’ to ‘cast doubts on Harry and Meghan’s version of events but didn’t denounce racism in any way whatsoever’.

The Windsors have never condemned racism: ‘Other individuals within the institution didn’t express the kind of understanding that should have been given. Even when William said we are not a racist family, they didn’t condemn racism in any form whatsoever. We do not see the royal family ever do that. So of course it then continues this conversation about how anti-racism is the royal family, how much does the Royal Institution own its history and perhaps any kind of unconscious bias that may exist within the establishment or the family. None of these things ever seem to be addressed’.

[From The Daily Mail]

Scobie with the tea. “If that individual is a head of state, then we as a public have a right to know because of course that is someone that is our head of state, head of the Commonwealth.” It’s true. These people are not elected, for goodness sake, and there is no formal vetting process for the line of succession. The “vetting” as it exists is merely journalists asking the questions. And few of them do. It absolutely should have been a months-long story of British journalists pressing the Windsors and their aides to find out who said what to whom. While it’s not “on” Meghan and Harry to name names, I do feel like they should eventually name that particular person who asked Harry about the color of the baby’s skin… if that person is going to be king one day. Cough.

As for what Scobie said about how other people in the family knew about the baby-skin conversation… y’all know my theory. I think William said sh-t to Harry about what his children would look like if he procreated with Meghan. I think that was the root of Harry and William’s falling out across 2017 and 2018. I think Harry was very hurt and very surprised that his brother would say that to him, and Harry likely went to his father about it too. And Charles was like “welp who cares.”

https://www.celebitchy.com/720164/om..._conversation/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Good lord, now there are headlines screeching about how Megan snapped up the domain "lillibet" before getting the queen's permission, like the gold-digging famewhore she is. Even though we always advised our clients to buy their domains and anything remotely similar, to stop other people poaching them and then trying to sell them back at an enormous profit.
    Be excellent to each other.

And also stories circulating about how Charles is planning on changing the rules so that Archie can’t become a prince when he’s king, even though people called Meghan and Harry liars when they told us MONTHS AGO that that was the plan. It is exactly what Meghan said in her interview- that they wanted to change the rules specifically for Archie.

I don’t know who is advising this family but the optics of this look very very bad. Denying the first multiracial British Royal babies titles that they would normally be entitled to? Even if they aren’t actually racists (they are), it makes them LOOK like racists and the excuse that they were always planning to slim down the monarchy doesn’t fly because pre-Meghan, the plans for a slimmed down monarchy involved Harry and his family.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

But that's the thing.. the rules are not being changed specifically because of anyones skin colour. That was Meghan's own spin on it - the Oprah interview was Harry and Meghan having a temper tantrum and trying to sling dirt because they didn't get what they wanted. Prince Charles has made no secret that he wanted to slim down the monarchy and cost to taxpayers many years before Meghan ever met Harry. With that said, Prince Charles should probably just let them have the useless titles since it means so much to them.
    Sarzy and LurkieLoo like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    But that's the thing.. the rules are not being changed specifically because of anyones skin colour. That was Meghan's own spin on it - the Oprah interview was Harry and Meghan having a temper tantrum and trying to sling dirt because they didn't get what they wanted. Prince Charles has made no secret that he wanted to slim down the monarchy and cost to taxpayers many years before Meghan ever met Harry. With that said, Prince Charles should probably just let them have the useless titles since it means so much to them.
    The slimmed down monarchy was previously supposed to include Harry and his future family because he was the most popular royal after the Queen. At least that was the pre-Meghan narrative.

It’s pretty obvious this was the case- that’s why they cared that Harry was stepping back from his royal duties. It wouldn’t have been a big deal if he wasn’t intended to be part of the slimmed down monarchy- he wouldn’t have had major duties anyway if he was going to be cut in a few years. Even a poll back in 2015 from You Gov showed that people polled wanted him to be a part of the slimmed down monarchy. He was always super popular and a draw for the family.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "

Yes it was to include Harry but not his family. Prince Charles did not want Princess Beatrice or Eugenia to have HRH Princess titles either. Unfortunately, Pedo Andy had a temper tantrum and got his way. If they gave in to Pedo Andy, they should give in to Meghan and Harry's tantrum and then cut it after them before anyone else has a chance to get upset over not getting a title.
    LurkieLoo likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea;[URL="tel:3816842"
    3816842[/URL]]The slimmed down monarchy was previously supposed to include Harry and his future family because he was the most popular royal after the Queen. At least that was the pre-Meghan narrative.

It’s pretty obvious this was the case- that’s why they cared that Harry was stepping back from his royal duties. It wouldn’t have been a big deal if he wasn’t intended to be part of the slimmed down monarchy- he wouldn’t have had major duties anyway if he was going to be cut in a few years. Even a poll back in 2015 from You Gov showed that people polled wanted him to be a part of the slimmed down monarchy. He was always super popular and a draw for the family.
    But that is the main problem isn’t it? Harry was popular and William is a sulky petulant fucker.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

William? I see more evidence that Harry was and still is the sulky petulant fucker.
    Sarzy likes this.

William? I see more evidence that Harry was and still is the sulky petulant fucker.
    I tend to think both are pretty sulky but yes Harry is the one who keeps throwing his toys out of the pram in public
    Sleuth, Trixie and Ravenna like this.

I think when Pedo Andrew kept his military honors and they viciously slashed Harry's he damn well did throw a tantrum and he deserved to - it was a move meant to humiliate and they are lucky he didn't say more.

I guarantee you there is plenty more to be said.

They both seem like sulky petulant fuckers.

William’s jealousy of Harry has been obvious for years. Harry can be whiny. They’re both spoiled and probably obnoxious in their own ways. Meghan and Kate are far more likable than their husbands IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    They both seem like sulky petulant fuckers.

William’s jealousy of Harry has been obvious for years. Harry can be whiny. They’re both spoiled and probably obnoxious in their own ways. Meghan and Kate are far more likable than their husbands IMO.
    I can definitely get on board with that.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit;[URL="tel:3816895"
    3816895[/URL]]I think when Pedo Andrew kept his military honors and they viciously slashed Harry's he damn well did throw a tantrum and he deserved to - it was a move meant to humiliate and they are lucky he didn't say more.

I guarantee you there is plenty more to be said.
    I can’t remember where I heard/read it but Harry was wanting to step back some, but not fully. He was told it was 100% or 0%. The forces honorary ranks being stripped from him when he’s the brother than actually served with a really part of the army rather than just wanking around in a helio on a British island & then pretending to work as a rescue pilot.
    It was a PITA when Harry was overseas but he did it and was with his cohort.
    I still believe that the majority of the shit coming out of the palace was from boring jealous William’s camp, at his behest. I think that he can’t stand that H&M were popular with a completely different part of the populous than the bill & Cathy stans.
    The racist bs that Meghan has been subject to is just shit and tells you everything you need to know about the RF & uk aristos.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Thread Information