Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1294
Like Tree5498Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    This is the most ridiculous nothing story. Some random radio host in Australia is making a big deal of them using Lilibet. They can name their kid whatever they want and Harry IS the grandchild to QEII. It makes a lot more sense for them to use it than said radio host.
    I think there's a significant difference between distancing yourself from the royal family (The Firm) and distancing yourself from your family. Wanting to name your kid after your grandma isn't a political statement, even if she's the Queen. If they were looking to make a jab at anyone they'd have chosen Katherine Diana Camilla Sarah.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

That host is missing the point completely. They have quit 'The Firm', not the family. The Royal Family as an institution/business model is completely different to the actual people within it. Harry and Meghan haven't declared themselves as being no contact with the family members, only that they no longer wished to be constrained and contained by the sometimes archaic rules and regulations of The Firm about what they can do, what they can say, who or what they support and how they live.

And just to muddy the marriage waters even more, Bloke and I refer to each other as husband and wife even though we haven't bothered with the paperwork. I've been using his surname so long that I have to make a conscious effort to sign my own surname rather than his on anything official.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Do you tell people you got “married” and exchanged fur balls? And charge the public £30m for security for an event?
    Sleuth likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Fine but in the UK you can only get married once unless you get divorced. The same in France.
    I know plenty of people that do legal then religious (if not traditional Christian weddings which are legal) and use the religious date as their anniversary. However when they discuss it they differenciate - YMMV.
    we did this (legal then civil/social wedding) for very specific reasons. to long and boring to get into the details here. but we use our civil date as our anniversary date.
    Novice likes this.

Kyle Sandilands is an idiot blowhard racist misogynist POS. That is all.
    Be excellent to each other.

Oh noes. They (maybe) lied. They're trying to leave. They disrespected everyone over 3ft tall by going against protocol x number of times doing several small things that most people don't give a shit about. Off with their heads!

Now enjoy these pics of Prince Pedo and The Queen having a lovely mom and son get together. And join us for his daughter's wedding to a dude she started banging while he was engaged to a woman he was raising a baby with (but, titles so it's okay). And Will most definitely is not banging skinny, fugly, but slightly more stylish dressing than his wife women (unless Kate gets pregnant again).

This has gotten beyond dumb.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Meghan boldly insinuated that Archie wasn’t getting a title because of his skin colour. That was either a complete lie designed to push a certain narrative or she is stupid. I don’t believe for a second that she is stupid which leaves me with she was pushing for a victim narrative. Hell she even named the rule that was set by king George V over 100 years ago which explains the titles and who gets one. Even if she innocently misunderstood it why did they never come forward to correct it. Hint: Archie and Lili get their titles when Prince Charles is King.

Also why not just name and shame the racist family member instead of leaving it open for all of the family to be suspects.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    how? why would you want to convince people there's no racism in the face of tons of evidence of racism? meanwhile, the biddies' "smoking guns" are 5am emails and the non-story about the wedding blessing before the official wedding, while they turn a blind eye to tabloid racism and prince andrew, among others...
    both-sides-ism only works when both sides actually have valid arguments.
    I'm not saying that there is no racism nor am I trying to convince people that there isn't racism. My point is that it's possible not to like Megan and not be racist. If someone here says something negative about her they get five different reasons why they are not right shouldn't feel that way because she's a victim of racism. I actually liked her until the constant sticking up for every single thing that she did wrong that "wasn't" wrong because other people in the RF are worse. Of course the pedo and racists are worse but that shouldn't excuse every single thing that Megan does. I feel the opposite over at cdan because they tear her up big time for NO reason and that pisses me off too. Why can't there be a happy medium?
    Ravenna, Sleuth, Sarzy and 7 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I don't remember anyone here saying that racism isn't behind a lot of the vitriol she gets in the press, only that some of us here at GR dislike her for entirely different reasons. Meghan definitely said some disingenuous things in that interview, and there is nothing wrong with pointing that out. No one said it makes her evil or in any way comparable to Andrew.
    SHELLEE, Sarzy, Sleuth and 3 others like this.

I don't know why Andrew always has to be brought up. Of course he's worse but there are worse people than most people who get talked about on here. It's a gossip site. We talk about trivial stuff.
    SHELLEE, Ravenna, Sleuth and 2 others like this.

Meghan lied in an interview, but Donald Trump is a bigger liar by far, so I don't know why we would use this thread about Meghan and Harry to talk about Megan's dishonesty instead of Donald Trump's constant stream of lies.
    Sleuth likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Meghan boldly insinuated that Archie wasnít getting a title because of his skin colour. That was either a complete lie designed to push a certain narrative or she is stupid. I donít believe for a second that she is stupid which leaves me with she was pushing for a victim narrative. Hell she even named the rule that was set by king George V over 100 years ago which explains the titles and who gets one. Even if she innocently misunderstood it why did they never come forward to correct it. Hint: Archie and Lili get their titles when Prince Charles is King.

Also why not just name and shame the racist family member instead of leaving it open for all of the family to be suspects.
    What Meghan and Harry said is that there was a proposal to change the rules regarding titles when Archie was born. Apparently an idea was suggested by someone (who was not named in the interview) that Archie specifically would not get the Prince title when Charles ascends to the crown. Meghan and Harry said that they asked why the rule would be changed specifically for Archie and that no answer was given why he would be treated differently. That plus the speculation/concern about what color his skin would be led her to believe that racism was playing a role in the way that Archie was being treated.

Again, I would guess that she has receipts to back up what she is saying. That is a pretty big claim to make and one that I believe would be thoroughly refused by the firm if false. And I donít think Harry would go along with that big of a lie either. He knows exactly how kids in his family get titles and he backed up what she said.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

We are yet to see these so called receipts…

As it stands, he is still entitled to His Royal Highness, Prince Archie when Charles becomes King. It is also well known that the royals are cutting back on costs. Only a few royals get tax payer funded security .. the ones closest in line to the throne. The rest of them pay for security themselves. I doubt the title or security would be any different had Harry married a blue eyed blonde.

There was also no context around the conversation of Archie’s skin colour. Meghan didn’t hear the conversation herself and they couldn’t even synchronise between themselves of when this conversation had occured. Who said it and exactly what was said? They have said plenty of damaging “truth bombs” so why not just put it out there. Surely they wouldn’t want their entire family suspected of being racist when the comment came from one particular person.
    LurkieLoo and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I don't know why Andrew always has to be brought up. Of course he's worse but there are worse people than most people who get talked about on here. It's a gossip site. We talk about trivial stuff.
    Because his behavior and the fact that they still tolerate him at all is far more scandalous. I will bring it up until he is stripped of titles, loses endorsements and income, personal security, and leaves the UK and the support of his family and the taxpayers. As it is, he's been rewarded. Mama still hangs out with him like he's done nothing wrong whatsoever. He's at special events and gatherings. Basically early retirement with all the perks just like Prince Phillip, except without the excuse of being elderly with dementia.

I will bring it up until he's at the very least subject to a serious investigation where he has to answer to legal officials. And potentially be held accountable. Not rewarded. He makes the whole family look bad and especially the Queen. It blows my mind that no one in that world cares about this. Especially "the firm".
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    We are yet to see these so called receipts…

As it stands, he is still entitled to His Royal Highness, Prince Archie when Charles becomes King. It is also well known that the royals are cutting back on costs. Only a few royals get tax payer funded security .. the ones closest in line to the throne. The rest of them pay for security themselves. I doubt the title or security would be any different had Harry married a blue eyed blonde.

There was also no context around the conversation of Archie’s skin colour. Meghan didn’t hear the conversation herself and they couldn’t even synchronise between themselves of when this conversation had occured. Who said it and exactly what was said? They have said plenty of damaging “truth bombs” so why not just put it out there. Surely they wouldn’t want their entire family suspected of being racist when the comment came from one particular person.
    I agree that they didn’t change the rule (yet), but that’s a pretty major conversation to have- to block only ONE grandchild from having a title, when his parents were considered senior royals seems… suspect. Especially given all the other drama and the way Meghan was treated. You can give them the benefit of the doubt that everything would be exactly the same if Meghan was a blue eyed blonde, but given that this is a family that participated in and profited from the slave trade, refused to hire minorities in non-menial roles for years (and the law is still on the books), was previously accused of racially abusing staff, etc., I frankly don’t think they deserve the benefit of the doubt on this issue.

Meghan AND her friends have stated that she has emails, has the written apology letter from Kate, etc. I don’t believe she is making that up.

Harry is the one who heard the conversation about Archie’s skin color. If he was upset by it, and surprised that someone would speak about his unborn child that way, I’ll take his word that what was said was said in a negative way. He was a part of the conversation and he found it offensive. The fact that he said it was a higher up in the firm and not the queen or prince Phillip, I truly believe that it was William. I guess it could have been Charles, but my money is on William.

I’m not sure in what context speculating about a fetus’s future skin tone would ever be appropriate but I guess. It doesn’t sound like they were saying “gee I wonder if he will be a ginger like his dad,” no one would take that personally or offensively. It sounds like there was “concern” over his skin tone. That’s very strange. I have a family with a lot of biracial and mixed race people and we wouldn’t have that kind of convo about a new baby. That’s just odd.

The thing is, Meghan and Harry are not perfect and I didn’t believe the first words out of her mouth in the interview (that she had no idea who Harry was), but I think most of what they said is true. I also think the Firm is using them as scapegoats to divert attention from stuff like Andrew, William’s likely, affair with Rose and their negative political crap that’s always going on. And also to have villains to pit against Kate and Will where they can come off as proper future monarch and consort vs. the immature, evil Sussexes.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Thread Information