Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1306
Like Tree5542Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

It has been proved that she lied about “they got married before the Windsor chapel big day” plus you cannot get married more than once in the UK and a number of countries; even to the same person.
    That was what I meant when I said their words are picked apart. As far as I recall, Meghan never claimed that was a legal ceremony. Isn't it possible that she wasn't lying, for her that was the day they got "married" and she thought people would take it that way?

yeah i understood it as a sort of private blessing and not a legally binding wedding ceremony, the point being that it was the one that mattered most to them and not the big public televised one. i think it's weird that people get hung up on that, it's almost like they're trying to deflect and/or use that to try to deny the bigger issues - like the RF's racist and egregious behaviour, or the racism of the tabloids and a good chunk of the public, or how harry and meghan were used as scapegoats to deflect attention from andrew or william's affair. let's say h&m were inaccurate and/or exaggerated some claims, does that cancel out the rest? like msd said, we don't give a fuck about these little things when compared to the shit the RF and the tabloids pulled.
    Last edited by sputnik; June 8th, 2021 at 11:51 AM.
    Kiki, czb, OrangeSlice and 8 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

In that case maybe she should go back to getting a publicist speak for her or at least check what she is saying.

"Three days before our wedding, we got married," Markle told Winfrey. "No one knows that, but we called the archbishop and we just said, 'This thing, this spectacle is for the world, but we want our union between us.'""So the vows that we have framed in our room are just the two of us in our backyard with the Archbishop of Canterbury," she continued.”

Nothing that has happened in the press is deserved and is, totally, just racism (for reasons mentioned above); however that does not lessen the fact that Meghan can be her own worst enemy. She is a practised public figure and should understand that there are no nuances in statements.
    The two stances do not have to be mutually exclusive.
    Sarzy, DawnM74 and lindsaywhit like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

again, no one said they were mutually exclusive, just that one side is making a mountain out of a nothing burger and using it to deny the flaming pile of racist garbage. she could have stated that it wasn't legally binding and still the biddies would have latched on to something to frame as a gotcha and use as 'proof' that the racism is all imaginary. i can hear them now - 'how ungrateful! they needed a private blessing because they're too good for a televised wedding!', or 'what an insult to all the royal couples who have been married in that chapel for centuries. didn't she stop to think about their feelings?'.
    this is like trumpism or anti-vaxxers. there's no changing these people, no matter how many publicists you filter your comments through.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    there's no changing these people, no matter how many publicists you filter your comments through
    It seems that it goes both ways though.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^^^
    how? why would you want to convince people there's no racism in the face of tons of evidence of racism? meanwhile, the biddies' "smoking guns" are 5am emails and the non-story about the wedding blessing before the official wedding, while they turn a blind eye to tabloid racism and prince andrew, among others...
    both-sides-ism only works when both sides actually have valid arguments.

Bronze Member

In that case maybe she should go back to getting a publicist speak for her or at least check what she is saying.

"Three days before our wedding, we got married," Markle told Winfrey. "No one knows that, but we called the archbishop and we just said, 'This thing, this spectacle is for the world, but we want our union between us.'""So the vows that we have framed in our room are just the two of us in our backyard with the Archbishop of Canterbury," she continued.”

Nothing that has happened in the press is deserved and is, totally, just racism (for reasons mentioned above); however that does not lessen the fact that Meghan can be her own worst enemy. She is a practised public figure and should understand that there are no nuances in statements.
    The two stances do not have to be mutually exclusive.
    Benefit of the doubt can be given in response to statements, especially before calling someone a liar. Nowhere in her statement did she say they were legally wed yet this is held up as proof that she lied? Come on.
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki;[URL="tel:3815828"
    3815828[/URL]]Benefit of the doubt can be given in response to statements, especially before calling someone a liar. Nowhere in her statement did she say they were legally wed yet this is held up as proof that she lied? Come on.
    We got married usually means that they got married. As in legal state of matrimony. Come on.
    If you get a blessing, people usually say “we got a blessing” not “we got married”.
    Why even bother saying we got married when it now appears that it wasn’t a marriage but either a practise or a private blessing.
    Last edited by Novice; June 8th, 2021 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Typo
    LurkieLoo and DawnM74 like this.

If you say you got married people are going to assume you mean you...got married.

Edit - exactly novice lol
    Novice and DawnM74 like this.

Not sure why this guy is getting all out of shape…

Kyle Sandilands ‘nearly had a coronary’ over Harry and Meghan’s baby name

An Australian radio show host said Monday he “nearly had a coronary” after learning that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle named their daughter after the Queen — claiming the decision doesn’t make sense since they “hate the royal family.”
    Kyle Sandilands, the co-host of “The Kyle And Jackie O Show” on Sydney’s KIIS 106.5, slammed the couple’s choice of the first name Lilibet, which is Queen Elizabeth’s childhood nickname

“I heard Brooklyn [a KIIS FM newsreader] mention this at 5:30 this morning on my way in, and I nearly had a coronary, I was not happy,” Sandilands said on Monday’s episode.
    He accused the couple, who famously quit the royal family before moving to California, of being hypocritical with their daughter’s choice of name.

“I was not happy, because they want to distance themselves so much from the royal family but every name [was inspired by royal family members]. And then along come the haters, who hate the royal family … and then they [name their daughter] Lilibet,” he continued.
    Sandilands clarified that he was a fan of the name — he just didn’t approve of the parents of two using it.

“I don’t mind Lilibet. I like the name but I don’t want them using it,” he said.
    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced on Sunday that they had given birth to their second child, Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, whose middle name is also a tribute to Harry’s late mother, Princess Diana.

“On June 4th, we were blessed with the arrival of our daughter, Lili. She is more than we could have ever imagined, and we remain grateful for the love and prayers we’ve felt from across the globe,” Meghan and Harry announced in a statement Sunday. “Thank you for your continued kindness and support during this very special time for our family.”

https://pagesix.com/2021/06/07/kyle-...ans-baby-name/

We got married usually means that they got married. As in legal state of matrimony. Come on.
    If you get a blessing, people usually say “we got a blessing” not “we got married”.
    Why even bother saying we got married when it now appears that it wasn’t a marriage but either a practise or a private blessing.
    that's your experience but it's not universal.
    case in point: my sister's wedding. the legal ceremony was about a week before the wedding, for getting the legal stuff out of the way.
    the wedding was presided by an off-duty hippie priest who didn't give a shit that my sister was a lapsed catholic and her husband was not religious at all, from a hindu family, and really they just wanted some kind of spiritual blessing that mixed both their cultures.
    the one that counts, and the date they celebrate as their anniversary? the hippie off duty hippie priest, even though it's not recognised by any church or legal entity, and even though, legally speaking, their wedding certificate shows a different date.

and i know a lot of weddings where that's the case, especially when bride and groom are from different cultures and end up having more than one wedding to make their families happy (which i've seen a lot of, given my international mutt upbringing), or some friends who had a big wedding like their families wanted, but eloped in secret a few days before surrounded by their closest friends, which is what they'd originally wanted before their families took over and decided to throw them the giant wedding they never wanted in the first place.

Prince Charles calls baby Lilibet Diana’s arrival ‘such happy news’

Prince Charles has called the birth of his new granddaughter, Lilibet Diana, “such happy news” — despite Prince Harry’s comments about his own lack of parenting skills.
    The heir to the throne spoke publicly for the first time about baby Lili while on a tour of the BMW Mini factory in Oxford, UK, Tuesday.

True to form, Charles — a keen environmentalist — managed to wrap the message into his speech, as reported by ITV’s royal editor Chris Ship, about the development of battery-powered vehicles.
    He said, “The development of technology like electric vehicles … is vital for maintaining the health of our world for future generations, something I am only too aware of today, having recently become a grandfather for the fifth time.

“Such happy news really does remind one of the necessity of continued innovation in this area — especially around sustainable battery technology — in view of the legacy we bequeath to our grandchildren.”
    Lilibet Diana is Prince Charles’ fifth grandchild, however, it’s unknown when he will get to meet the baby.Getty ImagesLili is Charles’ fifth grandchild, however, it’s unknown when he will get to actually meet the California-born daughter of his younger son and wife Meghan Markle.
    As we revealed, there are plans afoot to bring the baby and big brother Archie to the UK next summer for their great-grandmother the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
    Harry has been outspoken about Charles — and how his behavior as a father impacted him.
    In his blockbuster interview with Oprah Winfrey in March alongside his wife, Harry claimed that his father and his older brother, Prince William, are “trapped” within their royal roles.

He then told Dax Shepard last month that Charles had passed down a cycle of “genetic pain and suffering,” which forced him and Meghan to move to California.
    “He treated me the way he was treated,” Harry said on Shepard’s “Armchair Expert” podcast.
    The Duke of Sussex said he had debated leaving royal life since his “early 20s” because of “what it did to my mum,” the late Princess Diana, contradicting the narrative that Meghan was really the brains behind the move.
    “It’s a lot of genetic pain and suffering that gets passed on anyway,” said Harry, who dramatically quit his royal duties and moved to the United States last year.

“So we as parents should be doing the most we can to try and say, ‘You know what? That happened to me, I’m going to make sure that doesn’t happen to you.’”
    Harry then slammed his dad for making him “suffer” as a child, as he revealed that his family tried to stop him and Meghan from quitting the royal family, even when his wife felt suicidal.
    “My father used to say to me when I was younger … ‘Well, it was like that for me, so it’s going to be like that for you,’” the 36-year-old prince told Oprah Winfrey on their new Apple TV+ mental health show, “The Me You Can’t See.”
    “That doesn’t make sense — just because you suffered, that doesn’t mean that your kids have to suffer, in fact quite the opposite. If you suffered, do everything you can to make sure that whatever negative experiences that you had, you can make it right for your kids,” he added.
    “Isn’t this all about breaking the cycle?’ he asked rhetorically. “Isn’t this all about making sure that history doesn’t repeat itself?”

pagesix

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik;[URL="tel:3815834"
    3815834[/URL]]that's your experience but it's not universal.
    case in point: my sister's wedding. the legal ceremony was about a week before the wedding, for getting the legal stuff out of the way.
    the wedding was presided by an off-duty hippie priest who didn't give a shit that my sister was a lapsed catholic and her husband was not religious at all, from a hindu family, and really they just wanted some kind of spiritual blessing that mixed both their cultures.
    the one that counts, and the date they celebrate as their anniversary? the hippie off duty hippie priest, even though it's not recognised by any church or legal entity, and even though, legally speaking, their wedding certificate shows a different date.

and i know a lot of weddings where that's the case, especially when bride and groom are from different cultures and end up having more than one wedding to make their families happy (which i've seen a lot of, given my international mutt upbringing), or some friends who had a big wedding like their families wanted, but eloped in secret a few days before surrounded by their closest friends, which is what they'd originally wanted before their families took over and decided to throw them the giant wedding they never wanted in the first place.
    Fine but in the UK you can only get married once unless you get divorced. The same in France.
    I know plenty of people that do legal then religious (if not traditional Christian weddings which are legal) and use the religious date as their anniversary. However when they discuss it they differenciate - YMMV.
    DawnM74 likes this.

i know plenty of people in france who had both a civil and a religious ceremony. the civil one is the one recognised by the french state, and the religious one is the one recognised by the catholic church. like you said, YMMV but i've never met anyone who, upon being asked when they were married, mentions both dates (civil and religious). they just mention one, presumably the one that carries the most meaning. and since most civil weddings are low key and just a formality and not on the same day as the actual wedding, most people use the church wedding as their anniversary that they celebrate.
    but it's a moot point because no one is saying they got married twice, unless i misunderstood your point?
    Kiki likes this.

Not sure why this guy is getting all out of shape…

Kyle Sandilands ‘nearly had a coronary’ over Harry and Meghan’s baby name

An Australian radio show host said Monday he “nearly had a coronary” after learning that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle named their daughter after the Queen — claiming the decision doesn’t make sense since they “hate the royal family.”

“I was not happy, because they want to distance themselves so much from the royal family but every name [was inspired by royal family members]. And then along come the haters, who hate the royal family … and then they [name their daughter] Lilibet,” he continued. Sandilands clarified that he was a fan of the name — he just didn’t approve of the parents of two using it.

“I don’t mind Lilibet. I like the name but I don’t want them using it,” he said.
    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced on Sunday that they had given birth to their second child, Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor, whose middle name is also a tribute to Harry’s late mother, Princess Diana.

https://pagesix.com/2021/06/07/kyle-...ans-baby-name/

This is the most ridiculous nothing story. Some random radio host in Australia is making a big deal of them using Lilibet. They can name their kid whatever they want and Harry IS the grandchild to QEII. It makes a lot more sense for them to use it than said radio host.

I think the RF is masters at using people when they need to. They used Diana back in the 80's and then they used Wills/Harry/Kate for years for PR. They want to bury the Andrew story so they will do whatever it takes to do that.

Charles had a shitty childhood, I'm not surprised if he wasn't able to give his own kids the warm loving environment they deserved.

Thread Information