Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1280
Like Tree5425Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

We are going to end up like West fucking Berlin at this rate. What an arsehole.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I’ve got no problem with Meghan writing a book especially since they need to make to money to be financially independent. I just don’t understand why she still wants to use “Duchess of Sussex” and continue her link to an institution that by her own account treated her so poorly.
    SHELLEE, czb, Sarzy and 4 others like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Iíve got no problem with Meghan writing a book especially since they need to make to money to be financially independent. I just donít understand why she still wants to use ďDuchess of SussexĒ and continue her link to an institution that by her own account treated her so poorly.
    For the same reason Fergie's books are written by 'Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York' - to make money. Publishing companies know that some people will buy the books because they might seem interesting for their children, and others will buy them because they are written by a 'Duchess'.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

That Dax Sheppard Podcast has brought up even more contradictions. If they intend on playing the perpetual victims, they ought to find a system (post its) in which they can remember all of the lies, bullshit and exaggerations that they spew.

Dax Sheppard Podcast - Harry states that Meghan was the reason that he sought therapy because she could see that he was angry and she also helped him find the help that he needed. This of course also contradicts the OW interview where Meghan was apparently unable to seek mental help and Harry couldn't help her either.

JP Morgan event (2021) - He told the audience that he had been in therapy for 7 years - he definitely hadn't met Meghan yet.

2017 Interview with The Telegraph - he stated that he had sought help after being persuaded by his brother William about 3 years prior.

Before I get attacked - I am not doubting Meghan's mental health issues. -- but I do question this tale they are spinning about the evil Royal aides/family not allowing her to seek therapy. Harry's statements which came direct from his own mouth - clearly paint Meghan as the saviour who found him a therapist. Why could she not do that for herself? If Harry was already in therapy, how was he unable to make her an appointment? It doesn't appear as though the royal family has any problem with members of the family having therapy. Charles also had therapy as did Diana. Every time they speak something else is contradicted. It's fascinating.
    LurkieLoo and DawnM74 like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

^^^ Meghan said that she has emails in which she was saying that she needed help and resources for her mental health. Meghan is many things but stupid is not one of them. I would guess that most of the things she said in that interview, she kept receipts. I doubt she was lying about having emails backing up her claims that she needed help and was ignored or refused it.

Right after the interview it came out that she kept tons of emails and the Palace knows it. Iíd guess thatís why they havenít gone super hard on her trying to debunk what she said. She has receipts.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

czb

yeah.

and it may be that meghan helped harry get therapy before they were married. i don't know why him getting help negates that she was unsuccessful in getting help for herself.

Gold Member

Therapy is also generally not a one and done thing. It's possible Harry asked for help, got help, but needed more. It's also possible any therapists he might have known or used wouldn't have been a good fit for Meghan's issues, weren't available, or who knows what. He's clearly struggled to deal with what happened to his mother and I don't see how that makes him a perpetual victim. He's tried to manage it, has reached out for help for himself, and tried to raise awareness for others. To me, there's a difference between playing the victim and using your experiences to grow and help others. That necessitates that you talk about your experiences more than once if you're going to be public about it.

I don't follow this whole saga as much as most of you but I do follow and enjoy this thread. Today I saw some blurb that Harry said "Grandma Diana" was among the first phrases uttered by baby Archie. That was an eyerolling "oh brother" moment for me. I mean, seriously?
    czb, Sleuth, Ravenna and 5 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I don't follow this whole saga as much as most of you but I do follow and enjoy this thread. Today I saw some blurb that Harry said "Grandma Diana" was among the first phrases uttered by baby Archie. That was an eyerolling "oh brother" moment for me. I mean, seriously?
    Sounds like lies. I don’t believe that, Harry. It was also cringeworthy when Bill and Cathy had their kids writing out those weird Diana tributes for Mother’s Day. I’m not gonna lie, all of them are weird famewhores. Strange group of people.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Bronze Member

Archie may have said Grandma, meaning Meghan's mom, and Harry convinced himself he said Grandma Diana. Despite however many years of therapy, Harry is still hung up on Diana

I believe Meghan has receipts. Also, in the Oprah interview it sounded like Meghan wanted inpatient help, and The Firm was never going to go for that.

You can train a 2-year-old to say whatever you want.
    tulip, LurkieLoo and DawnM74 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
    Archie may have said Grandma, meaning Meghan's mom, and Harry convinced himself he said Grandma Diana. Despite however many years of therapy, Harry is still hung up on Diana

I believe Meghan has receipts. Also, in the Oprah interview it sounded like Meghan wanted inpatient help, and The Firm was never going to go for that.
    harry's def still hung up on his mother.
    and william is either in denial or he's just spouting the official line and defending the firm. his statement re: the bashir interview was something. there was some quote where he was basically blaming bashir for his mother's fear, paranoia and anxiety in the years before her death... bitch, please. aside from her mental health issues, it's not bashir who's to blame for her anxiety and fear and paranoia the last few years, it's fucking buckingham palace.
    that said, all three statements re: the inquest into the bbc's coverup of bashir using fake documents to get access to diana - harry's, william's and the earl of spencer - are all ridiculous. yes, bashir may have used deception to get close to diana and convince her to pick him to interview her, but she was openly looking to do an interview and she would have said the same things to any other journalist that wasn't bashir so it's ridiculous that they're now basically claiming that bashir tricked diana into doing an interview when she was going to do one anyway, and she said many of the same things in the interview as she did in the andrew morton book, so the whole claim that the interview is what led to her death is ridic.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
    Maybe Archie knows Grandma Diana from a portrait/shrine they have for her. My BFF's daughter never knew her maternal grandmother but recognised her photos because my friend would talk to her about her mother (and because her MIL was a nightmare and she wanted her daughter to have some idea of a normal grandmother.)

But I'm still side-eyeing their claim. Grandma Diana? Nanna Diana would be easier to teach a kid.
    Be excellent to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    that said, all three statements re: the inquest into the bbc's coverup of bashir using fake documents to get access to diana - harry's, william's and the earl of spencer - are all ridiculous. yes, bashir may have used deception to get close to diana and convince her to pick him to interview her, but she was openly looking to do an interview and she would have said the same things to any other journalist that wasn't bashir so it's ridiculous that they're now basically claiming that bashir tricked diana into doing an interview when she was going to do one anyway, and she said many of the same things in the interview as she did in the andrew morton book, so the whole claim that the interview is what led to her death is ridic.
    With such claims, they'll put Diana in a victim's role, painting her as a woman ho was easily manipulated and weak. After the first years of marriage, Diana became a media expert, she knew exactly what she was doing, she played the british press (and the RF) like a fiddle. I loved her, I really did, but what lead to her death was a drunken driver, the idea that papparazzi should be outraced and her not wearing a seatbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    harry's def still hung up on his mother.
    and william is either in denial or he's just spouting the official line and defending the firm. his statement re: the bashir interview was something. there was some quote where he was basically blaming bashir for his mother's fear, paranoia and anxiety in the years before her death... bitch, please. aside from her mental health issues, it's not bashir who's to blame for her anxiety and fear and paranoia the last few years, it's fucking buckingham palace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    With such claims, they'll put Diana in a victim's role, painting her as a woman ho was easily manipulated and weak. After the first years of marriage, Diana became a media expert, she knew exactly what she was doing, she played the british press (and the RF) like a fiddle. I loved her, I really did, but what lead to her death was a drunken driver, the idea that papparazzi should be outraced and her not wearing a seatbelt.
    Hmmm, I wonder what the difference is between Bashir and Andrew Morton, let me think........ Could it possibly that he...... no, surely it could not be because he is not white, like Andrew Morton? What? Could the outrage of the British royals towards him have some origin in racism?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Thread Information