Page 77 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1280
Like Tree5425Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post

A*O* was right. there, i said it.
    She was right about a lot of stuff, but sometimes the communication on both sides of the MM debate was obfuscated by our own biases. I hope she comes back, it would be great to get her input on current state!
    lindsaywhit and yanna like this.

My issues with a*o had less to do with H&M and more to do with shit she said in other threads, like her comments in the Serena Williams racist cartoon thread and other places, or the time she said either sexism or racism (can’t remember which) was over and anyone complaining these days is just a hypersensitive snowflake.. I can’t unsee them and not gonna lie, it changed my opinion of her forever. And of course it made me question the motives behind her intense dislike of Markle.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    https://pagesix.com/2021/04/22/megha...ign=SocialFlow

cute picture of archie at the link.
    the british tabloids and biddie Twitter are going nuts accusing her (not page six) of upstaging louis’ 3rd birthday, like anyone gives a shit about the spare’s spare.
    Last edited by sputnik; April 23rd, 2021 at 07:31 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I think if MM had some support or guidance from trustworthy people who were interested in a genuine effort to try and help her fit it in as opposed maintaining a competitive and back-stabbing environment that also involved the staff for other RF, it could have made a difference.

Knowing what she "could and couldn't do" as a royal was not going to happen overnight and she didn't have ten years of training ahead of the game and before that come from a family whose lives revolved around grooming her for such a position. Basically what the royalists are saying is that this is why she was unsuitable and Harry had no business being with her. Funny they used to turn noses in the air over the Middletons....especially the mom....for these aspirations.

But being clueless about what she could do and say or not isn't why she left. The press vilifying her at every turn (often for the silliest shit) and feeling unsafe, not supported, sad, hopeless and finally mental over it is why she (thus, they) left. Our opinion of her and whether we believe what she's saying isn't the point and doesn't matter. She's not even close to the most scandalous person in this family.

The RF could have exerted some influence here to have the press back off. They do it all the time. They didn't even make an effort here and we all know why. I never found her that exciting at all but this family screwed up by letting them get away instead of doing the minimum of what they would do for anyone else. Even a divorced pedophile so far down the line of succession he's lucky to be getting a thought.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    My issues with a*o had less to do with H&M and more to do with shit she said in other threads, like her comments in the Serena Williams racist cartoon thread and other places, or the time she said either sexism or racism (can’t remember which) was over and anyone complaining these days is just a hypersensitive snowflake.. I can’t unsee them and not gonna lie, it changed my opinion of her forever. And of course it made me question the motives behind her intense dislike of Markle.
    People also treated A*O like she had some kind of insider knowledge, maybe because she was British? But AFAIK she hasn't lived there for decades, and all of her "gossip" came from one of those rabid royal forums. And I agree about the racism and misogyny, even though she was a very funny lady, but her mindset wasn't exactly progressive.
    czb, sputnik, twitchy2.0 and 11 others like this.
    Be excellent to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    https://pagesix.com/2021/04/22/megha...ign=SocialFlow

cute picture of archie at the link.
    "Meghan Markle was spotted looking gleeful" What??? she's wearing a facemask. She could have any number of expressions under that.

"But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

I think she looks like she is smiling but “gleeful” suggests spite to me?

Kittylady, MsDark and weathered1 like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Archie doesnt look like a particularly light toddler.. is it comfy sitting a kid that size on a big pregnant belly? I hope this media intrusion wasn’t too unbearable for her.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    People also treated A*O like she had some kind of insider knowledge, maybe because she was British? But AFAIK she hasn't lived there for decades, and all of her "gossip" came from one of those rabid royal forums. And I agree about the racism and misogyny, even though she was a very funny lady, but her mindset wasn't exactly progressive.
    This is what I'll never understand - she wasn't the only Brit here but she was still treated as The Authority on Britishness in general and the RF in particular. It was odd at times, particularly when she was directing it at other Brits.
    MsDark, Novice, Sarzy and 3 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I appreciated her input and told her so more than once. Despite her increased shift toward conservative views (like traditionalism) over the years, which was a real downer, since it seem to include a decreased tolerance for other ways of seeing things which made it difficult for her not to take things posted here personally.

I was actually quite fond of A*O and she was one of my faves for years.

I've had friends and family who started to go down this road and if it continued unabated it inevitably came to a point where I couldn't even recognize them anymore. I've got my opinions on why this happens with some people but that's a whole other thread.
    Last edited by MsDark; April 24th, 2021 at 09:11 AM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Certainly looks like she is due very soon. Archie is cute, a big boy already.

Archie is really cute.

Woah, she's ready to pop. Didn't realise she was that pregnant. Archie is super cute and I think looks a bit like her in this pic instead of just Harry's clone

Re A*O, I loved her and miss her. I hope she's well wherever she is.
    MsDark and dexter7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    She's not even close to the most scandalous person in this family.
    And this is exactly the problem. Objectively, by any reasonable measurable indicia, Meagan is one of the more sane and problem free royals.

But if you are a racist royalist twit with a totally warped sense of the world, then she's the absolute worst. Harry called out his family's double standards - they'll protect Randy Andy the actual pedophile, they'll make light of Extremely and Repeatedly Publicly Racist Grandpa Phil, but they actively threw Meagan under the bus.... all to protect the reputation of William the bully, who can't keep his dick in his pants.
    Kittylady, sputnik, Novice and 6 others like this.

Today: Allison Langdon throws shade at Meghan Markle over kids' book

Jo Scrimshire For Daily Mail Australia and Reuters 14 hrs ago
    She's known for her headline-grabbing royal commentary.
    And Today anchor Allison Langdon couldn't resist throwing shade at Meghan Markle on Wednesday during a segment about her new children's book, titled The Bench.
    While discussing the Duchess of Sussex's book, Allison questioned the words on her own teleprompter, which compared the LA-based royal to famous children's authors.
    © Provided by Daily Mail ( Allison's script - which was most likely written by a producer or researcher - compared Meghan, 39, to Roald Dahl and Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling.
    But as she read the words on air, the mother of two, 41, couldn't help but acknowledge the comparisons were 'a stretch'.
    'Meghan Markle is joining the ranks of Roald Dahl and J.K. Rowling - oh, a stretch - by writing her first children's book about the bond between fathers and sons,' she said.
    © Provided by Daily Mail ( © Provided by Daily Mail ( When Allison said there would be an audiobook coming out too, narrated by the duchess herself, Nine's U.S. correspondent Amelia Adams couldn't hide her sarcasm.
    'Can you imagine anything better? I mean, pop it on in the car, pop it on at home when you're cooking dinner. Meghan's dulcet tones...' she said.
    Elsewhere, the Today hosts discussed the fact the book had started out as a poem Meghan had written for her husband Prince Harry on Father's Day.
    Allison's co-anchor Karl Stefanovic burst into laughter and expressed disbelief that the California-based Sussexes would write poetry for each other in their spare time.
    'They actually write poetry together!' the 46-year-old exclaimed.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, is to publish a children's book next month titled The Bench about the relationship between a father and son based on her husband Prince Harry and the couple's child Archie, the publisher said on Tuesday.
    The book is the latest venture by Meghan and Harry, Queen Elizabeth's grandson, since they stepped down from royal duties and moved to Los Angeles last year with Archie, who celebrates his second birthday this week.
    Illustrated by Californian artist Christian Robinson, The Bench will be published on June 8, with Meghan narrating an audiobook version, publisher Random House Children's Books said.
    © Provided by Daily Mail (
    'The Bench started as a poem I wrote for my husband on Father's Day, the month after Archie was born. That poem became this story,' the duchess said in a statement.
    'My hope is that The Bench resonates with every family, no matter the makeup, as much as it does with mine.'
    Meghan, who is pregnant with the couple's second child, is not the first royal to venture into the world of children's literature.
    Heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles wrote The Old Man of Lochnagar based on stories he used to tell his young brothers, while Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has also penned a number of children's stories.
    Meghan and Harry have rarely been out of the media spotlight since they gave an explosive interview to U.S. chat show host Oprah Winfrey in February, accusing one unnamed royal of making a racist remark and ignoring her pleas for help when she felt suicidal.
    Harry returned to Britain for the first time since that interview for the funeral of his grandfather Prince Philip last month.
    It comes after Allison made global headlines in March when she claimed most people could guess which Royal family member allegedly aired concerns over how 'dark' Prince Harry and Meghan's son Archie would be.
    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had made the claim during their interview with Oprah, but refused to name the person because it would be 'damaging'.
    Allison said it was obvious to her who made the remark, but her co-anchor Karl wasn't quite so convinced.
    'Without saying any names, if you read between the lines a little bit yesterday, I think most people are leaning towards a certain royal,' she said.
    Karl asked her: 'Who?'
    'Well, it's incredibly defamatory to say so,' Allison replied, choosing her words carefully, and insisted she wasn't going to mention any names.
    Karl seemed genuinely confused by what his co-host was suggesting, saying: 'But I don't know who you are talking about. It could be one of four.'
    'I just think there was enough hints that [Harry] dropped in that interview about his relationship with certain people,' Allison explained.
    'I don't know which one... No one has the courage to say it,' Karl responded.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

You know, I can get on board with snark here. To compare her to acclaimed authors before a single word has been published is a stretch. I also chuckle about poetry being written.

Thread Information