Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1165
Like Tree4867Likes

Thread: Love 'em or hate 'em: the Harry & Meghan megathread (Biddies v. Narcs edition)

czb

no, she is a biddy.
    Kittylady and sputnik like this.

I still can't reconcile "Meghan is an attention-seeker who only married into the royal family for the publicity!" with the couple who left the family to do their own thing? She's done one interview in the past year and pretty much nothing else, but these old windbags won't shut up about her, and then blame her for it.
    Be excellent to each other.

I think that Anne was the last person who was against Meghan. The Princess Royal does not give a single fuck about anyone.
    Novice, yanna and DawnM74 like this.

Anne does give a fuck about her job though, she has, year on year, been dubbed the “hardest working royal”.
    She has more balls than the men in the rf.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

This Royal Expert Thinks Prince Harry’s Cold Royal Reception Is Proof He & Meghan Markle Won’t Last

Lady Colin Campbell, royal expert and author of biographies like Meghan and Harry: The Real Story, had a different interpretation than most when watching the funeral proceedings for the late Prince Philip, Duke of Ediinburgh. While many looked for a moment of reconciliation between Prince William and Prince Harry, Campbell appears to have had a different reunion on her mind — that of Harry and the royal family at large. In a comment to Page Six‘s Cindy Adams, Campbell contended that Harry’s cold reception from the royal family was proof that he and wife Meghan wouldn’t “last.”
    Campbell appears to argue that Meghan, Duchess of Sussex went a step too far with the accusations in her Oprah interview, the most damning of which dealt with the royal family’s racism, handling of mental health, and concern for their safety.
    “She and Harry won’t last. Once she became the royal Duchess of Sussex, it was off with everyone’s head,” she reportedly told Adams. “Since fallout from the Oprah piece, her name’s mud throughout the Commonwealth, even in the islands. This wrong-footed woman stated untruths. She couldn’t keep her mouth shut. Knowing some statements could not be massaged into reality, Harry went along. Not pleased, he knew they were not true. They were not already married three days before the big wedding. There’s a difference between fact and fiction. He knows the difference in a real ceremony. As did the Archbishop of Canterbury.”

Here, Campbell refers to Meghan’s claim that she and Harry had married in secret three days prior to their public wedding, when in fact they’d had a small ceremony but were not legally wed. Thus far, this is the only claim from the Sussexes’ interview that we know to be untrue. Campbell alleging that Harry has knowingly endorsed lies about the royal family doesn’t have any basis in the truth that we know of, and goes against the royal’s frequent assertions that he had his own reasons for wanting to get the truth out.

Campbell’s claim that Meghan and Harry “won’t last” unfortunately falls in line with previous work critical of the Sussexes and suspicions of their ambitions on a global stage. But while Harry may be shaken by the relative chill with which his family received him, it’s going to take a lot more than the estrangement he initiated to get him to regret marrying Meghan Markle — in our humble opinion.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...ehp&li=BBnbfcL
    DawnM74 likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

So, this Lady Colin Campbell has been making $$ off her ex's name for 40+ years so that she appears to be an insider. Is that correct?

I wonder if she's ever even meet any of the current younger generation royals. She sure seems to be quite sure that she knows what goes on in their heads.

I’m sure anyone who spoke about Meghan would get shut down unless they spoke about her in a glowing manner. A lot of the interview has already been debunked as lies or exaggerations. But clearly facts dont matter when it comes to selling a victim narrative.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

We saw what we saw with the press. We were pointing out this weird, polarizing shit with the British press at GR way in the beginning before the rest of the world including Oprah honed in on it. Exaggerated? We don't get to say she didn't experience what she obviously felt she did just because we do or don't like her or think she's lying about who said what.

Bottom line: It didn't have to come to point where they felt leaving was their only option if the RF truly cared about keeping them around. Accommodating them on the things that would have allowed them to stick around would have been VERY small potatoes compared to protecting and shielding a pedophile from an entire legal system on two continents.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

czb

1. it may be that the paring down that charles planned was going to exclude meghan and harry and they didn't like the downgrade.

2. i don't think the RF does concessions and compromise. conform or die.

3. the number of defenders uncle pedo has on FB is astounding. i doubt they're all bots.

Elite Member

IIRC, at one point Harry claimed the RF was more Meghan's family than her biological. It's interesting that if a- this were true something went south so fast or b- Harry was lying out his ass about the familial dynamics upon Meghan's arrival.
    Sarzy and holly like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    IIRC, at one point Harry claimed the RF was more Meghan's family than her biological. It's interesting that if a- this were true something went south so fast or b- Harry was lying out his ass about the familial dynamics upon Meghan's arrival.
    They may have been 'fine' with her, until they found out that she was not willing to sit silently by, smile & nod.
    Then she had the nerve to get pregnant - a non-white child. Oh the horror!

Bronze Member

I can believe the familial dynamics were more or less okay in the beginning but every family has issues with the RF's exacerbated by the press and dueling households and staff. Meghan and Harry may or may not have exaggerated or lied about some things, but I tend to believe the main points: Meghan's mental health suffered because of the relentless and racist attacks by the press and Meghan and especially Harry were hurt by what they perceived to be lack of support from the RF. I think the RF could have kept them around if they had pushed back against the press but (1) That is not how the RF operates, especially for the spare's wife and (2) I'm not sure the RF particularly wanted to keep them around.
    Kittylady likes this.

czb

i'm sure the RF did want to keep them around but as one offs, part of charles' paring down.

they did not want a RF member who spoke out. i think that's when meghan crossed a line and that's when she felt unsupported. and i'm sure that part of what meghan said in the interview was true. meghan probably thought she could go around and talk on behalf of her causes. but that's not the way the RF works.

A*O* was right. there, i said it.
    Daphodil likes this.

Pretty sure her race would have stopped the marriage if the Queen didn't approve. The fact that she became pregnant was probably expected so I doubt race was an issue with the child.
    Sarzy likes this.
    “A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.” Fred Allen

fgg

https://pagesix.com/2021/04/22/megha...ign=SocialFlow

cute picture of archie at the link.
    Sarzy, Daphodil, Kittylady and 1 others like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Thread Information