Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Kelly Osbourne uses her sobriety to stay relevant in 2020

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I had my tonsils removed at 16. It was extremely painful, to where I couldn’t talk, swallow, or hum. I had to spit I a bag, because I couldn’t swallow. I couldn’t take medicine.
    Kelly‘s heroin excuse sounds like any other junkies excuse. They’ll never admit that they just want to get high, instead, they blame it on a surgery they’ve had, and prescription pills. Eye roll every time. No sympathy for them.
    Yeah...the older you get, the more difficult it is. I was thinking 13 was still young enough that it isn't the trauma it is in the older teens? I had mine out at 6 and at the same time my 17 year old sister had hers out. I was up and running around in a few days, she was in bed for a week. It was awful. Maybe 13 was really rough, but still... even if you're in horrid pain for a week, I can't imagine it leading to a pill addiction.

Like you said... addict excuses.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.

czb

i dunno. he's the dad. he could've intervened. i can't stand it when it is always on the MOM.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i dunno. he's the dad. he could've intervened. i can't stand it when it is always on the MOM.
    He was out of it most of the time and Sharon seemed to be his caregiver. Seems like she was the functioning one. Ozzy has always seemed like a caricature to me, so I guess that's why I give him a pass, but yes, he is the father and he does bear responsibility as well.

She is just so incredibly vile, and was portrayed as the rock of the family, so I guess that's why I blame her so much.

But now the kids are adults, so it's all on them.
    czb likes this.

czb

at the time that the show was airing, i actually thought sharon was likable and cool. my opinion def changed after the show.
    tulip and crayzeehappee like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    at the time that the show was airing, i actually thought sharon was likable and cool. my opinion def changed after the show.
    She seemed like the stable one... but she wasn't!
    czb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I had my tonsils removed at 16. It was extremely painful, to where I couldn’t talk, swallow, or hum. I had to spit I a bag, because I couldn’t swallow. I couldn’t take medicine.
    Kelly‘s heroin excuse sounds like any other junkies excuse. They’ll never admit that they just want to get high, instead, they blame it on a surgery they’ve had, and prescription pills. Eye roll every time. No sympathy for them.
    Yeah, I really don't get it either. I've had some health issues in the last few years (diverticulitis and kidney issues) which was very very painful and I ended up having major surgery. I survived on a lot of pain meds, mostly Norco and morphine. At certain points, I can say I really did need them to get by due to the pain (I was only supposed to take/get them every four hours and at about 3 1/2 hours I was counting the minutes) but once I started to recover I didn't feel like omg don't take my drugs away or I'll have to find me some heroin. I just wanted some relief from the pain, and they did the trick. They made it possible to function somewhat, and to sleep. Once the pain was tolerable, I didn't go out seeking that high. I actually didn't like them for the high.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information