Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Are More Than Flirting - US Weekly

^^This. Easy way to trash up a wedding.

I don't give a shit if a bride wears white on her 8th marriage. Fuck it, let her do what she wants.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I still can’t believe that she basically made her kids bastards because she wanted to “have the church recognise her marriage”??? She was married for 13 years had 3 kids & *poof* it never happened because she wants to wear a big white meringue dress….
    I had a teacher who was Catholic. He was married to a woman who had been married twice before and had kids from both marriages. He made her get both marriages annulled so the church would recognize their marriage. I would have ran from him and never looked back, if I was her.

Gwen and Blake seem happy together so congrats to them, I guess. I can't with her dress though.
    Lalasnake likes this.

I've always found them to be such a mismatched pair. This is based on sight alone, I have no clue how they interact with each other (aside from the "don't you wish you were as in love as we are?" photo ops).

Hate her boots. She should've worn real cowboy(cowgirl) boots. Corral makes some really pretty ones. Or she even could've had a pair custom made.

I do wish she would've softened her signature troweled on makeup & red lips, but whatever. I can keep going on about what I don't like, but really, who cares? I'm just some random person on the internet & it's her wedding & she can dress as tacky as she wants to & I'm sure doesn't GAF about anyone else's opinion (except possibly Blake's).

I do love that they have their (his? IDK) dog at the wedding!
    czb, Novice, OrangeSlice and 6 others like this.

Haha, did anyone expect any less than stiletto cowgirl boots?

I didn't know she had her last marriage annulled. I'm not Catholic so I find it pretty hypocritical but I guess for some Catholics it's important because if you divorce you're not allowed to remarry and still take communion. I dunno, it might be more complicated than that but I don't like to judge someone for their faith if it's important to them. I had a friend who wanted her first marriage annulled for those Catholic reasons, I'm not sure if she approached her ex or not. It was a very bitter divorce and they had a kid so I doubt he would have gone for it anyway. They ended up getting married in church, but not a Catholic church.

In this case, Blake had also been married before, twice. So did he have to get his marriages annulled too? If so, I bet that was interesting. He left his first wife for Miranda, and I think both divorces were pretty bitter too.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I still can’t believe that she basically made her kids bastards because she wanted to “have the church recognise her marriage”??? She was married for 13 years had 3 kids & *poof* it never happened because she wants to wear a big white meringue dress….
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
    I had a teacher who was Catholic. He was married to a woman who had been married twice before and had kids from both marriages. He made her get both marriages annulled so the church would recognize their marriage. I would have ran from him and never looked back, if I was her.

Gwen and Blake seem happy together so congrats to them, I guess. I can't with her dress though.
    She doesn't want to be refused Communion like Joe Biden!!! In all seriousness, the Catholic Church needs to take a seat on this crap since they have their hands full already trying to figure out why so many dead children were buried around former Catholic care centers in Canada. As a proud Cafeteria Catholic, spare me the outrage.

^^^^
    i agree it's ridiculous. but all religions brainwash people, in their own ways. just look at evangelicals. catholicism definitely piles on the guilt when it comes to anything related to sex, and people - especially women - really internalise that bullshit, even smart educated people (not saying gwen stefani is educated) who end up with a lot of guilt and feeling 'less than' because they're divorced, or they married someone who's divorced, etc.

that said, it's incorrect that she made her kids 'bastards' - having a marriage annulled doesn't make the kids illegitimate (in the eyes of the church because IMO the whole concept of legitimate and illegitimate children is bullshit) : "Canon 1137 of the 1983 Code of Canon Law specifically affirms the legitimacy of children born in both valid and putative marriages (objectively invalid, though at least one party celebrated in good faith)." (source: wikipedia)
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik;[URL="tel:3818039"
    3818039[/URL]]^^^^
    i agree it's ridiculous. but all religions brainwash people, in their own ways. just look at evangelicals. catholicism definitely piles on the guilt when it comes to anything related to sex, and people - especially women - really internalise that bullshit, even smart educated people (not saying gwen stefani is educated) who end up with a lot of guilt and feeling 'less than' because they're divorced, or they married someone who's divorced, etc.

that said, it's incorrect that she made her kids 'bastards' - having a marriage annulled doesn't make the kids illegitimate (in the eyes of the church because IMO the whole concept of legitimate and illegitimate children is bullshit) : "Canon 1137 of the 1983 Code of Canon Law specifically affirms the legitimacy of children born in both valid and putative marriages (objectively invalid, though at least one party celebrated in good faith)." (source: wikipedia)
    Oh of course they did! Must make sure that Cannon law is changed so that all these little catholics keep contributing and providing more little catholics for the priests to diddle.

Cannon law is just more catholic bs. They “tightened up” the cannon law re pedophile priests but it involves not having to report it to the civil authorities. Hopefully they will stop hiding all the investigation documents in diplomatic bags so civil authorities can properly investigate.

oh yeah and he did this at the same time… “Another new offence included in the revised canon is attempting to ordain women, an act punishable by excommunication, a pushback against the Church's more progressive members advocating for women to be allowed to become ordained ministers.”

But that just more “pick & mix” bullshit from this church.
    They live together, so yeah, they might both be “saving themselves for marriage” but I doubt it.
    Contraception? Not allowed; abortion, not allowed, divorce, not allowed; sex with a child - if you’re a priest go for it. If they’re wearing shorts accuse them of being “provocative” and you’ll get off with it absolutely!

sorry Sput - not aimed at you.
    palta and Lalasnake like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Gold Member

Oh of course they did! Must make sure that Cannon law is changed so that all these little catholics keep contributing and providing more little catholics for the priests to diddle.

Cannon law is just more catholic bs. They “tightened up” the cannon law re pedophile priests but it involves not having to report it to the civil authorities. Hopefully they will stop hiding all the investigation documents in diplomatic bags so civil authorities can properly investigate.

oh yeah and he did this at the same time… “Another new offence included in the revised canon is attempting to ordain women, an act punishable by excommunication, a pushback against the Church's more progressive members advocating for women to be allowed to become ordained ministers.”

But that just more “pick & mix” bullshit from this church.
    They live together, so yeah, they might both be “saving themselves for marriage” but I doubt it.
    Contraception? Not allowed; abortion, not allowed, divorce, not allowed; sex with a child - if you’re a priest go for it. If they’re wearing shorts accuse them of being “provocative” and you’ll get off with it absolutely!

sorry Sput - not aimed at you.
    I thought Cannon law was where you had sex with multiple women without contraception to create as many babies as possible within a short time frame. Though I agree it needs to be changed…
    crayzeehappee and tulip like this.

^^No, that's Nick Cannon law, lol.
    lindsaywhit, fgg, holly and 9 others like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

I think they’re adorable together. He seems to love her very much. He seems like a real laidback guy and she seems high maintenance imo but they look happy. Good on them.

The cake reminds me of those older tiered wedding cakes from the 70's and earlier. Don't like it, looks dated to me.

And I guess she's really really stuck on tulle wedding dresses, her first one was tulle too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall2 View Post
    I think they’re adorable together. He seems to love her very much. He seems like a real laidback guy and she seems high maintenance imo but they look happy. Good on them.
    Good for them for finally getting married and only inviting 40 guests.

The Paps did not find out lol

Good for them!

They did but GS & BS sold the exclusive photos (to People?).
    Since they got married on BS’s range there was little access unless you rented a helicopter.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I thought annulment was only done when the couple hadn’t consummated the marriage/there were no kids. I guess anything goes now, including more church hypocrisy.

I want to know if Rossdale and the tattooed German were invited.
    Novice and crayzeehappee like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I couldn’t get past those nails. Still waiting for that trend to fall by the wayside.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information