Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Bill Cosby Conviction Thrown Out and He Will Go Free

His legacy is destroyed, by his own hand. He'll become a hermit because no one wants to be around him. I wouldn't be surprised if Camille has a separate wing of the house.
    Angeli likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I didn't realize he was 83 years old. He still looks like he could mix a drink and do some diddling if he had the opportunity.
    BITTER and DawnM74 like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I read something earlier about the next conviction they are going to try and overturn is Harvey Fuckstain's.

This is so disheartening. It took over 50 women to get this rapist sent to jail and only one man to blow it. It feels like whatever we do it'll never be enough.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    This ruling has made me feel sick to my stomach all day, but while it's horrifying, does anyone believe there is some merit in the ruling? Please don't misunderstand me, he's a monster and totally deserves to die in prison, but from a legal standpoint, wasn't his conviction after that appalling deal with the first prosecutor problematic? The extra women testifying I believe is a step we must take in rape/sexual abuse cases, but if the prosecutor's deals can't be trusted to hold up, doesn't that undermine the system as well?

I'm not arguing this, I'm looking for insight from many of you who have a much more in depth knowledge of the law and the court systems than I have.

Still, most women are feeling a little less safe tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Sorry, but these were both the right legal rulings. And it’s not about money. It’s about the law. Allowing in the 404(b) prior bad acts was wrong. I called that out when the judge allowed it. It was also wrong to prosecute him when he was told he wouldn’t be prosecuted. He is definitely guilty but the DA’s office and the trial judge both messed up here.

But he’s a shit human.
    I agree. Of course it's sickening but I can't say I was surprised. The first prosecutor screwed the pooch but he made the deal and it was amazing this ever got to criminal court. I know it might be of no consolation to his victims but he did two years in prison which is something. He's just a pathetic old man now and finally people know what he's all about. I'm pretty sure even his own wife hates him now. (finally)

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    It is about money. Do you really think a poor black man would have skated on this technicality?
    No, but neither would a poor white man. Neither would have had the money to appeal this all the way to the State Supreme Court, so yeah his money got him out of it.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

and you just KNOW that fucker is gonna live to be 100!!!

i was looking up the lawyer in casey anthony's trial the other day after watching a documentary about her. i saw he was in harvey weinsteins legal team for a bit. not sure if he still is. he get's more people off than a _____ ______.
    Kittylady likes this.

‘BuT wHy DoNT wOmEn PrESS ChArGES?’
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

It is about money. Do you really think a poor black man would have skated on this technicality?
    No.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Tweet from Phylicia Rashad:

Phylicia Rashad

@PhyliciaRashad

Jun 30
    FINALLY!!!! A terrible wrong is being righted- a miscarriage of justice is corrected!
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

^I saw that yesterday and it's one of those things I can't believe it, makes me shake my head. How blind do you have to be? And to say it on a public platform too.

Aunt Viv jumped her ass!

Aunt Viv Drags Claire Huxtable Over Terrible Bill Cosby Tweet

‘WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!’
    Matt Wilstein

Senior Writer

Published Jun. 30, 2021 8:36PM ET

NBC/Getty

In an unexpected showdown between a pair of iconic sitcom moms, Janet Hubert came for Phylicia Rashad on Wednesday afternoon when The Cosby Show star celebrated Bill Cosby’s release from prison after his sexual assault conviction was overturned by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.

“FINALLY!!!! A terrible wrong is being righted- a miscarriage of justice is corrected,” Rashad, who played Claire Huxtable to Cosby’s Cliff tweeted shortly after the news broke.
    In response, Hubert—the original Aunt Viv on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air—wrote, “Phylicia what are you thinking!!! I don't know you but to say this was terribly wrong. EVERYONE knew what he was doing back then. How could you NOT! Get your umbrella sista here comes the shit shower. I am outraged that he has been released. Yes he is an old ass guilty man!” She then added, “I would have said he’s old he’s out and I’m happy for him, but he still ...guilty. I know 5 women who have not come forward. Enough Ya’ll we know better. Powerful men do wrong things, black or white...”

Rashad, who was recently named dean of Howard University’s reestablished College of Fine Arts, subsequently attempted to temper the “shit shower” by tweeting, “I fully support survivors of sexual assault coming forward. My post was in no way intended to be insensitive to their truth. Personally, I know from friends and family that such abuse has lifelong residual effects. My heartfelt wish is for healing.”

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I read something earlier about the next conviction they are going to try and overturn is Harvey Fuckstain's.

This is so disheartening. It took over 50 women to get this rapist sent to jail and only one man to blow it. It feels like whatever we do it'll never be enough.
    Weinstein's case was kind of complicated, too, but I don't think there were any deals made with a prosecutor, like there was for Cosby. I remember that Weinstein had gotten caught by a woman who was wearing a wire for a DA or something WAY back before that article by Ronan Farrow. Was a deal made there? Weinstein, I believe, is also facing a criminal trial in California, so I don't see him getting out any time soon.
    Kittylady likes this.

Since I currently practice law in the same court system (like, in the county) where he was convicted, yes. I do.

I have litigated and won 404(b) motions for poor black defendants in the same system, and in the neighboring county too.

This is just the law. It’s basic law school evidence. The trial judge was wrong to let in that evidence because the law says he was wrong. The DAO was wrong to essentially give him immunity and then renege on it. Our Supreme Court in PA is a very good one right now and they are making a LOT of ver good rulings based on the law, including and especially in cases involving poor black defendants. I’ve personally practiced in front of two of our Supreme Court judges when they were trial judges and they are not dumb people. I am really liking a lot of their legal rulings. If this was allowed to stand (particularly the 404(b) decision) it would actually screw over my clients (mostly black defendants) more than anyone else.

Edit: these are not technicalities. Not even kind of. One is a violation of the PA Rules of Evidence. It is such a serious violation that even BEFORE this case our Supreme Court stated that prior bad acts are only second to a defendant’s confession when it comes to how prejudicial it is. 404 evidence is very difficult to get in because that’s the intent of rule 404. And charging someone when you gave them immunity is just… wrong. I think it’s unconstitutional. Not a technicality.
    Daphodil, Trixie, BITTER and 7 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I never really cared for Phylicia anyway. She's always come across as a pompous heifer. Debbie is much more likable.
    sputnik and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

nicki do you think it's possible the first judge knew this would get tossed on appeal but it would take time and it would be a way to guarantee the fucker at least got some jail time?
    Kittylady and fgg like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    ^I saw that yesterday and it's one of those things I can't believe it, makes me shake my head. How blind do you have to be? And to say it on a public platform too.
    Probably hoping The Cosby Show will go back on repeat so she'll get royalties.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information