Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree398Likes

Thread: Anthony Bourdain Dead at 61

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Well, well, well, I just read a blind on cdan that is alluding to the fact that your conspiracy theory is correct. The posters also mentioned that on reddit they are saying he was murdered too.
    CDAN says every celeb death is suspicious nowadays. It's nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Well, well, well, I just read a blind on cdan that is alluding to the fact that your conspiracy theory is correct. The posters also mentioned that on reddit they are saying he was murdered too.
    Are you telling me that CDAN didn't blame it on Kirk Douglas???
    Angeli likes this.

fgg

^maybe it was shimmy!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I wouldn't put it past CNN to alter the story of his death to protect his, and their their, reputation. But I have no facts or evidence...
    Last edited by BITTER; June 8th, 2018 at 06:41 PM.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Oh yeah just to add, on the subject of suicide notes, most people don't actually leave them apparently.

I wouldn't leave one.

I'd probably leave a note. It surprises me a little that Anthony didn't leave one because he was such a writer and was quite accustomed to using that medium to express himself. But maybe he already had said everything he had to say.

So are we sure there wasn't one? Or was that fact not disclosed one way or the other?

I don't believe he was murdered - that's salacious coming from CDAN, as is most of what he makes up. Present day CDAN makes Perez Hilton look like People magazine.

The only reason I said that the conspiracy idea was an interesting angle is because it's .0001% possible and I always ask "what if" because that's how I'm wired. And that's why we have death investigations. On the other hand, I know homicide detectives are busy with actual murders, so...

I have not read any details of the method of the suicide so I guess it's pretty silly of me to guess what happened any way you slice it. The point is he's dead and it's just really fucking sad.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I wouldn't put it past CNN to alter the story of his death to protect his, and their their, reputation. But I have facts or evidence...
    It's interesting what happens when you have a "regular" celeb publicist versus the CNN machine running your PR.
    BITTER likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

I have always preached about erasing the stigma of mental illness. Today, I actually posted on FB that I have depression. I was terrified to do it, but I wanted to practice what I preach. My friends/family know, but not "the world." I am a middle class suburban American. I have been married for almost 29 years. I have a job I am passionate about and two amazing children. A pretty typical person. I get why famous people are afraid to say it publicly. I have nothing to lose. No international reputation. I have always been fine with others saying they have some form of mental illness. No judgement. But, when it came time for me to do it, it scared me.

It's part of me, but doesn't define me, but now I do wonder if some people will look at me differently. I get why someone famous would be afraid to admit it or seek help. If progressive ol' me with nothing to lose and who "gets" it is afraid, I can see it, I really can see how hard it would be.

I couldn't STAND his ass, but this is awful. I feel bad for him that this was the only way. I really hope Tony is at peace and I can only hope he knew how much people loved him.

Eight seasons of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown just happens to be on Netflix.

I know what I'm doing this weekend.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

That's been up for a while. I've watched the entire series. Also, not sure if it was Netflix or Amazon, or if it's even still up, but his Travel Channel series was available for a while.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I was so surprised to hear the news this morning. I just can't believe it, I had to read the headline twice.

I've read some of the comments on CDAN website, interesting comments especially relating to Asia and the Harvey W case.

I too think it was something to do with breaking up with Asia. There were pictures of her and a different man, she had on a tshirt that said F you, you know who you are. Well we'll all find out, something always get revealed that we didn't know

I'm really hoping (gah, how awful) that it was a freaky sex thing (even though there's no such thing) rather than him being that depressed about anything. I told my husband that he's my David Bowie and I can't even describe how heavy my heart is over someone I don't even know. I also said if it was due to his relationship with Asia, I'd have a word or two to say to her. And most of them would not be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    I'm really hoping (gah, how awful) that it was a freaky sex thing (even though there's no such thing) rather than him being that depressed about anything. I told my husband that he's my David Bowie and I can't even describe how heavy my heart is over someone I don't even know. I also said if it was due to his relationship with Asia, I'd have a word or two to say to her. And most of them would not be nice!
    Bowie fan and Bourdain fan here. You can't blame a suicide on a relationship. He's been battling demons personally with prior cocaine, heroin and before his death alcohol. Do you know him personally? Probably not. No reason to direct blame on someone for another persons suicide. If I were to off myself, the last thing I'd want is for someone to point the blame at anyone in my life. It'd be my decision finally deciding enough is enough, I'm sick of my life and I'm just dragging everyone around me down. No note, because that leads to future speculation and bullshit. Just end it.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information