Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree398Likes

Thread: Anthony Bourdain Dead at 61

As shocked as I was about Kate Spade, I'm even more in shock about Anthony Bourdain, I literally got the chills and my heart skipped a beat . I always thought he would be such a cool mofo to hang around with for a night...

I was checking out the supposed shots of Asia Argento "embracing" another man (Hugo Clement), and it seems to me like the insinuations are really low. I've seen people hugging close friends like that all the time.

Am I missing a photo or something?

One thing I will always remember about Anthony Bourdain is how vigorously he defended restaurant servers and kitchen workers, saying how hard they work and how underappreciated they are.

Remember his epic takedown of Justin Bieber when Bieb, while exiting a restaurant through the kitchen, defaced a wall photo of JFK and peed in a janitorial mopbucket?

Bourdain was awesome and will be sorely missed.

God, I'm so gutted over this. I know he was a bit of a jerk, but he seemed so human, so unaffected by celebrity. He brought strangers into our homes on his show and helped us see they were human just like us. He was so genuine with people from all walks of life. And he was so damn down to earth.

RIP sir. You did amazing work.
    Angeli and twitchy2.0 like this.

Elite Member

Holly and Orangeslice, you are not alone.

I'm shocked and saddened by this news. I loved this guy instantly. He just always seemed like a great guy. Lately, he seemed different. Maybe it was the Weinstein thing, not sure.

I looked forward to his shows. I loved his insight on countries and cultures. I was really looking forward to the upcoming episode of Parts Unknown (Berlin and Bowie, how could you not).

I hope he's at peace and I hope his family, friends, and especially his daughter, find comfort in the days ahead.
    Mrs P and lindsaywhit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Nnoooooo! I’m gutted. This is so shocking.
    I thought of you as soon as I heard the terrible news.
    sputnik and gas_chick like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I was helping my Mom pick out a new refrigerator and she turns around and says, "Anthony Bourdain died." I told her, "No, he didn't." (This is also what I said to the BBC when they tried to tell me Bowie died, like I just saw him 5 minutes ago). My mom said, "The chef." I said, "I know." (And yes, she knows how obsessed I am with him.) She said, "It was suicide." And I said, "No, he wouldn't do that. I just saw a picture of him with Asia a few days ago and they looked really happy..." (Classic, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i saw something that said asia was photographed recently holding hands with another man. the photographer apparently took the photos down.
    This I did not see. However, the picture of Asia and Tony I thought I saw seems to have been taken down. I follow both of them on Instagram and Twitter, so I'm not sure where I saw it. Well, I thought I followed him on Instagram, maybe he didn't have one or they took it down because I can't find it at all. Sometimes I get what I see on Twitter and IG mixed up. Anyway, I remember mentally saying, "You two stop dating, you're too cute together." I really did not mean it literally.

I'm so confused and upset right now.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    For not being a conspiracy theorist, that's quite the conspiracy.

Yes, it's a wacky theory. Maybe it's because nothing has been mentioned about a suicide note. The press normally doesn't provide the detail that they did with the Kate Spade suicide, but they usually do mention whether a suicide note was left. Bourdain had a daughter old enough to comprehend suicide. One would hope he cared enough to leave her a note.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    For not being a conspiracy theorist, that's quite the conspiracy.
    I think the proper thing to do would be to wait and see what Randy and Evi Quaid think about this.

A*O

Shocked and sad. I think there’s more to the circs than we’re being told. Another auto erotic asphyxiation gone wrong? He was exactly the type who would be into that kind of thing. RIP Anthony.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

So tragic. Prayers to his family and loved ones.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    Yes, it's a wacky theory. Maybe it's because nothing has been mentioned about a suicide note. The press normally doesn't provide the detail that they did with the Kate Spade suicide, but they usually do mention whether a suicide note was left. Bourdain had a daughter old enough to comprehend suicide. One would hope he cared enough to leave her a note.
    It's kind of off the wall, but I don't put anything past anyone. It's an interesting angle, especially if there was no suicide note (I haven't read too much yet about the details) and if that's the case, I wonder how police knew it was suicide? I know there are obviously ways to tell that, but don't they have to open at least a semblance of a death investigation if there's no note because suicides can also be staged? I honestly don't know. Just asking questions since there are a lot of possibilities here. Or maybe only one.

I was really sad about Kate Spade, but handbags and perfume (she's the only one who could make me lighten up and wear something like Walk on Air) aside, I didn't feel like I "knew" (in the far away celebrity sense) her like I "knew" him. I read his books and articles and watched his shows and my first reaction was denial because I felt like he's put enough of himself out there to make it feel like you knew something tangible of him - which is probably why he was so polarizing. But this also goes back to the Kate Spade thread...you just never know. I think the whole point for a lot of people is to keep things normal so no one does try to stop them. I don't know.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    Well, well, well, I just read a blind on cdan that is alluding to the fact that your conspiracy theory is correct. The posters also mentioned that on reddit they are saying he was murdered too.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Shocked and sad. I think there’s more to the circs than we’re being told. Another auto erotic asphyxiation gone wrong? He was exactly the type who would be into that kind of thing. RIP Anthony.
    I was crazy shocked like everyone else, but one of the first things that popped into my head was David Carradine. Or maybe he was diagnosed with something he couldn't face. It just doesn't compute that is was depression not for him. he was just too cool, too honest, I just didn't see this coming. WOW.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information