Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree398Likes

Thread: Anthony Bourdain Dead at 61

What??? what? what?
    I can't believe this. He was a pretty great guy, chill. He would eat things I would never touch, and he seemed like a pretty great guy. What?!

Nnoooooo! I’m gutted. This is so shocking.
    sluce likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Whoa. This is depressing shit. R.I.P.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Sput was the first person I thought of when I got the alert on my phone. So sad.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I've never liked him, but fuck, he's only 61!
    Honeythorn and I'mNotBitter like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Horrible.

Devastating for his daughter.

Whatever pain he had ended. The unrelenting pain this act brings to his family begins. They will not "move on." They'll never "move on."

If you are suicidal and your illness tells you your family will be better off or they'll "move on" please know this is a lie. They will never recover. Help is available. Please seek it.
    rollo, Brookie, holly and 3 others like this.

Oh no! Poor guy. I don't get it, he seemed to have it together. He seemed to be everywhere with his shows. Maybe it was an accident?

I really liked him. Whatever his shortcomings he always seemed so genuine in whatever he did or said. No fake politeness anywhere. He always gave me the impression that he could be a friend, the smart asshole (yet covertly sensitive) type, my favorite kind of people.
    sputnik and KrisNine like this.

What!? Goddamnit!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Nnoooooo! I’m gutted. This is so shocking.
    You were the first person I thought of when I read this. It really makes no sense yet. I'm assuming we are going to start finding out stuff like we did with Kate Spade and Robin Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Oh no! Poor guy. I don't get it, he seemed to have it together. He seemed to be everywhere with his shows. Maybe it was an accident?

I really liked him. Whatever his shortcomings he always seemed so genuine in whatever he did or said. No fake politeness anywhere. He always gave me the impression that he could be a friend, the smart asshole (yet covertly sensitive) type, my favorite kind of people.
    He reminded me a lot of a younger version of Elliott Gould in appearance and even his voice. Very smart, worldly guy. His choice of women has been pretty eclectic. Even though I like Asia Argento, I don't think I understood that particular match.

Quote Originally Posted by azoria View Post
    What??? what? what?
    I can't believe this. He was a pretty great guy, chill. He would eat things I would never touch, and he seemed like a pretty great guy. What?!
    When I told Mrs Mo, she didn't know his name at all. When I showed her a picture, what came to mind is that she saw him eat an eyeball. She is just not up on pop culture like the rest of us here.
    sputnik likes this.

This is so very sad. Do we have a thread about mental illness, depression, suicide, etc.? I'm going to look for one, or start one because it is vital that these issues are looked at, brought out of the shadows, and dealt with knowledge and compassion and with hearts and minds open.

RIP, Anthony.
    Sunnygirl, tulip, Tati and 1 others like this.

OCD

Totally speechless and bawling. I’m gonna have to go on an Internet and news hiatus. God dammit. Like slapping him back to life isn’t possible, but that’s what I want to do.
    esme and needmeds like this.

This is so completely WTF to me! I loved him and his show. This is a guy who acknowledged his demons, seemed to confront them head on and go find the beauty in the world nonetheless. I'm shocked and, like Sput, gutted. WTF
    sputnik and Daphodil like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I did wonder if he was inspired by Kate Spade's suicide. Imagine if you are already in a very dark place, you might look at someone with a similar position in life who has killed herself and identify with her just a little too much, and think about how her suffering is now at an end... I can see where it could intensify your own feelings of wanting peace at any price and give you the final push to do what you already had a mind to do.

It's just so awful all around.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    As I said, it's contagious. Kate Spade was allegedly obsessed with Robin Williams.
    It really is contagious. Studies have been done and there are copy-cats whenever there is a high profile suicide in the news. The fact that he hung himself like Kate makes me think so. I knew he had serious drug demons but his show and girlfriend keeps him grounded. The tabs caught his gf hugging another man so just the other day I wondered if they were still an item. I am just crushed today. I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend- watching a marathon of Parts Unknown on CNN....
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information