Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt still aren't divorced!

In regards to Jolie’s ongoing fight, a source told us, “Joint custody is not the issue that Angelina objects to, there were other issues of concern, but the court proceedings are closed and sealed.”
    I don't get it - what is she objecting to? Is she requesting some kind of supervision when Brad has the kids?

She also claimed that Ouderkirk had declined to hear evidence that she alleged was relevant to the children’s safety and well-being before he issued a “tentative” ruling.

Indeed, Page Six has seen one court filing label, which reads: “Offer of Proof and authority in support thereof RE: testimony regarding domestic violence.”
    Is she claiming that the kids have been witnesses to domestic violence? And that information somehow was not elicited when talking with the Court-appointed experts?
    DawnM74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't get it - what is she objecting to? Is she requesting some kind of supervision when Brad has the kids?

Is she claiming that the kids have been witnesses to domestic violence? And that information somehow was not elicited when talking with the Court-appointed experts?
    Almost seems like a deflection to cast doubt rather than actual proof of anything. I really feel bad for the kids in this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Angelina is trying to recreate her relationship with her own mum, where she's the Sainted Mother who all the kids unquestioningly worship and the father is a monster who is as minimally present as possible.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

I'm sure she's also been vilifying their father to them.

This really stinks. You have to love your children more than you hate your ex.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by mostroop View Post

I love that! It is so true.

Wondering if she's just going to keep fighting until they are too old to have visits. If she is vilifying him, it could backfire when they are adults and can do as they please. They might want a relationship with their father.

We don't know what happened, except for the plane incident, so we really don't know if this is worth the fight or not... and if it were, I think the courts would have figured it out by now -- or am I wrong? I'm all for protecting children, but if Pitt were a domestic abuser, don't you think we would have heard about it by now? This whole thing just feels very dramatic.

The losers in all of this are the kids. I feel for them. They've had a weird life.

I figure Brad got high and drunk on the plane (or already was) and they got into it in front of the kids, Maddox stepped in and got smacked by Brad and Angie lost her shit.

I'm not saying this wasn't a big deal. But it's high time for everyone to move on. I think the way she has reacted ever since has only served to double down on whatever "trauma" the kids experienced or continue to with this event.

He was wrong for what happened but I'll give Brad credit for cleaning up his act and getting into therapy. He's done the work that someone in his position needs to be doing. I'm sure he's particularly heartbroken over Maddox because I know he loved/loves this kid, probably even before he loved Angelina.

At this point Angie is shooting herself in the foot.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I love that! It is so true.
    Thanks, I'd love to take credit for this, but it's something I heard on one of those court shows (People's Court or Judge Judy) and it stuck with me
    Kittylady and tulip like this.

Bronze Member

Both sides have waged a PR battle. This has dragged out so long that it doesn't seem like Angelina wants the kids to have a relationship with their dad. Maybe she has legitimate concerns, I don't know. The plane incident may not have been the only time Brad got violent. I imagine the kids had a front row seat to a lot of fights between Brad and Angelina and alcohol could have changed Brad. He has seemingly cleaned up his act though.

The older kids should get a say but maybe the judge didn't think they needed to testify because the social workers and therapists testified?
    Trixie and tulip like this.

According to the articles a "fuckton" of witnesses, social workers, friends, etc have testified. Shit, it's been going on for 5 years! I think the Judge has heard enough.

Given that the judge warned Angelina a couple of years ago about alienation of affection, perhaps the judge didn't think the children would be credible? Or he's already heard from them in statements made to social workers and the like.

Who knows but it reads to me like another legal tactic to stall this thing. The lawyers just came up with one more reason to delay or try to overturn the ruling they knew was coming. She lost, they needed to have grounds for an appeal. This is what they came up with.

And how unfortunate for all involved that a sealed document with a title regarding domestic abuse somehow was seen by Page six! I mean, who could it possibly benefit? The title but not the deets? /sarcasm. Angie don't play.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Thanks, I'd love to take credit for this, but it's something I heard on one of those court shows (People's Court or Judge Judy) and it stuck with me
    I've spent many, many lockdown afternoons vegetating in front of the tv and Judge Judy says this a lot.
    tulip likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

great in theory, but sometimes loving your child means you try to protect them from your ex by reducing visitation. Not saying the saint Angelina is right in this circumstance, but loving your children more doesn't automatically mean handing them off to their other parent.
    Kittylady and Novice like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    great in theory, but sometimes loving your child means you try to protect them from your ex by reducing visitation. Not saying the saint Angelina is right in this circumstance, but loving your children more doesn't automatically mean handing them off to their other parent.
    True. In that case you are loving your child more than hating your ex. You are protecting your child.
    I don't know if she's being honest, but I have to say that I doubt her retelling of these facts.
    Heck, if someone was abusive to my children, I would fight tooth and nail to keep them safe & away from their abuser.
    Kittylady, dexter7, Novice and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip;[URL="tel:3815148"
    3815148[/URL]]I love that! It is so true.

Wondering if she's just going to keep fighting until they are too old to have visits. If she is vilifying him, it could backfire when they are adults and can do as they please. They might want a relationship with their father.

We don't know what happened, except for the plane incident, so we really don't know if this is worth the fight or not... and if it were, I think the courts would have figured it out by now -- or am I wrong? I'm all for protecting children, but if Pitt were a domestic abuser, don't you think we would have heard about it by now? This whole thing just feels very dramatic.

The losers in all of this are the kids. I feel for them. They've had a weird life.
    Maybe maybe not.

However, AJ was with him for a lot of years, brought multiple children in to the relationship (both bio & birth) and still married him.

I know that he could have suddenly changed, I know that she could have been under duress; I get it but.....
    crayzeehappee and DawnM74 like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information