Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839
Like Tree1892Likes

Thread: Alec and Hilaria Baldwin expecting their fourth child

Elite Member

OMG bitch please...let it go already.

Did you hear about that person named Oli London (I think?) They've transitioned into a Korean person. No shit. I can't even. They had 18 surgeries to make their appearance resemble a Korean person's... but not just any Korean person... Jimin (?) from BTS. They wants to be referred to as Jimin now. That is their Korean name. Rachel Dolezai -- the woman who pretended to be black -- defended them doing this.

They make Hillary look sane and rational.

Reading this post from her, I wonder if she released this because of Oli/Jimin. Is this going to be a thing now?

Sorry bitch, Spanish- fluid is not an ethnicity
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

That Oli London person is crazy and doesn't look at all like Jimin from BTS. You're not Spanish or of Spanish descent. I can't claim that I'm Japanese when I have only European ancestry. You can appreciate other cultures and learn other languages, but you can't change your race/ethnicity.

^^^^
    while those are extreme examples, i do think cultural identity is a lot more fluid than most people think. i was born in one country that isn't my country of origin, spent my formative years living mostly in that country and then another one that's also not my country of origin, while speaking a third language and having a third culture at home. i don't claim to be 'from' either of my adoptive homes but i am definitely the product of the 3 cultures, and i don't feel like i fit 100% in either one including the one i'm officially 'from'.
    not saying that's the case for hilaria. just that culture is or can be a lot more fluid than most people think, because they only have the experience of growing up in one culture. while you can definitely absorb part of a culture from spending summers and holidays there and learning the language, it's not the same as being immersed at a young age and going to a local school and learning the language at an age where you're young enough that you can become perfectly fluent.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I totally understand your point Sput.
    I am the child/grandchild of immigrants/refugees and grew up in a very small backward area where we were always outsiders.
    I think that you are making a very valid point for many modern families where the 1st gen kids are trying to maintain their home identity and also assimilate into their new country.

What I find dangerous / difficult about Mrs Baldwin is that she is/was monetisating her lie of being born in Spain; or moving to the US/NYC when she was 19 - implying that she moved from Spain, not Boston.
    She monetises being “authentic” while intentionally misleading people.
    Instead of owning it she blamed the press, her agent, etc for misinterpretation of what she had said.

Instead of just leaving it and moving on; she is doubling down on her “multiple” cultures; is claiming not to have seen “her family” for two years when her brother lives in Boston & runs a food business or is her brother not family now???

And finally in this Instagram blether she is using modern LGBQT+ language (rainbow, fluid) to trigger an emotional response from her readers to pitch her “cultural fluidity” like a sexual or gender-fluidity which is not a choice or a life style decision but an innate beingness……..
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

100% agree with you Sputnik. Especially mixed families that might incorporate many different cultures at home, or families that have lived in many locations. I guess my last comment was a more black/white than I meant it to be. I was specifically referring to Hilaria and Oli London who are far more extreme examples.
    sputnik, Kittylady, Novice and 1 others like this.

Hilary doubling down on the crazy I see.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I totally agree with you Sput, however I don’t think that Hilaria is in the same situation. As Novice said, she purposefully used LGBT coded words like “fluid” to get an emotional response and talk herself out of her BS.
    Kittylady, sputnik, Novice and 6 others like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I have distant Scandi ancestry so I'm going to get myself a fuckoff double headed battle axe and pillage the next town over, as is my ethnicity fluid right. Raaar!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady;[URL="tel:3818441"
    3818441[/URL]]I have distant Scandi ancestry so I'm going to get myself a fuckoff double headed battle axe and pillage the next town over, as is my ethnicity fluid right. Raaar!
    But that’s the point….. she doesn’t have the *insert ethnicities here* blood, she’s Boston WASP no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I have distant Scandi ancestry so I'm going to get myself a fuckoff double headed battle axe and pillage the next town over, as is my ethnicity fluid right. Raaar!
    My great-great grandpa was Swedish, let me grab my horned helmet and I’ll join you.

Hilary needs to cállate la boca!
    Kittylady and DawnM74 like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady;[URL="tel:3818441"
    3818441[/URL]]I have distant Scandi ancestry so I'm going to get myself a fuckoff double headed battle axe and pillage the next town over, as is my ethnicity fluid right. Raaar!
    Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry;[URL="tel:3818469"
    3818469[/URL]]My great-great grandpa was Swedish, let me grab my horned helmet and I’ll join you.

Hilary needs to cállate la boca!
    As a Germanic tribe descendant, let me grab my eyeliner & I’ll be right with you*

* Goth joke

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread Information