Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree1892Likes

Thread: Alec and Hilaria Baldwin expecting their fourth child

Now we just need someone to expose her real age.
    DawnM74 likes this.

But why would she ask ďHow do you say this in English?Ē About a fucking cucumber? I know itís not the worst thing in the world for those of you sticking up for her, but seriously, thatís not normal. Something isnít right mentally. Again, I realize itís pretty tame I guess, but weird nonetheless.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I can't believe this is the daughter of a corporate lawyer and a hospital internist/assistant professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School. My guess is these two were way too busy to give her their personal time and attention but made sure she had the next best thing their money could buy.

Also: If she'd had any idea how much attention getting busted for this would have garnered her I could actually see her finding some way to orchestrate it. If she was half as smart as either of her parents she might have gotten away with it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

So people on ONTD and this message board have known for a while:

https://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/po...25/828844.page

You need to see this YouTube Video of her. She really doesn't know how to apply makeup.

^ that is not a Spanish accent? She sometimes she forgot how cucumbers are called in English and sometimes she forgot her accent?
    Not good at make up but that seems a lot and in a very strange order...

I had no idea who she was before all of this but it def. was funny. At least took my mind away from the sad stuff for a hot minute.

She sounded American to me there (with that nasal whine + rising inflection)

She sounds American here too

Her book was published 2016
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Dumb, attention-whoring people annoy/offend me so this is all sorts of enjoyable schadenfreude to me.

I mean yes, how dumb do you have to be to think you'll get away with this stuff in the internet age. She should be embarrassed, but I'm sure her need for attention will get her through.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    But why would she ask ďHow do you say this in English?Ē About a fucking cucumber? I know itís not the worst thing in the world for those of you sticking up for her, but seriously, thatís not normal. Something isnít right mentally. Again, I realize itís pretty tame I guess, but weird nonetheless.
    ^^ This. It's definitely not normal and wouldn't this be considered cultural appropriation? Of course there are worse things, but I find it offensive and it frankly makes me question her mental stability. Doing stupid shit like this for attention is not normal.
    SHELLEE and emkat like this.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Elite Member

In my experience having grown up with and living around both non native English speakers or native speakers fluent in Spanish, ďloosingĒ a word in either language is not uncommon.
    ďcomo se dice?Ē is a phrase Iíve heard quite often throughout my life.

Rís dad was from Puerto Rico and even after 50 years in the States, his English was pretty broken. He would often start saying something in English and have a word or two in Spanish as he couldnít recall the English word. Interestingly, R and his brothers speak very little Spanish.

Same with my god daughter. American born but spoken to solely in Spanish by her maternal family. In fact, when she started K her English was so poor she was put in an ESL class. At 22 now she will still often get stumped with an English word.
    Novice and palta like this.

^^And I get that. I just don't believe for one second that she was having the same problem. I just think that she's full of shit.
    czb, Novice, firebrat1229 and 13 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^^^ I would understand if she had Spanish as her 1st language but she was born in Boston of white non-spanish American parents.

Spending holidays in Spain doesn't make you Spanish - if so, then I am French. Which I am not.
    My sister was brought up speaking English but we spent a lot of holidays in France (every summer etc) , we spoke fluent French. She lived in France from 20 but doesn't speak English with a French accent and speaks French like a native.

Hilaria said for clarification that it's due to reporters reporting her details wrongly.... Like she never said anything or corrected any data or spoke in a Spanish accent on TV or anything....
    SHELLEE, tulip, Beeyotch and 4 others like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

"Losing words" is totally normal when you speak more than one language. I have spent my entire life being basically an expat, going back and forth between English, French and Spanish. But depending on where I'm living and what my dominant language in that place is, sometimes struggle when I switch back to another language to find words. That's totally normal. What isn't is your accent in one specific language (in Hilaria's case, English) varying so dramatically. She's a total poser. I think she wants to pass herself off as the type of "third culture kid"/bi- or tri-cultural chameleons that are common in diplomatic or expat circles, except those identities can't be invented, they're what happens when you spend your entire life living in different countries, surrounded by people from all over the place and speaking multiple languages. My guess is that she probably lived that type of life and ran in those circles when her parents started spending more time in Spain, except that happened a lot later than what she's claiming.

eta: i read her parents had a vacation home in majorca so i guess she spent all her vacations there. still, that doesn't make you spanish nor does it explain the spanish 'accent' that comes and goes.
    Last edited by sputnik; December 29th, 2020 at 12:07 PM.
    DawnM74 and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

^^And I get that. I just don't believe for one second that she was having the same problem. I just think that she's full of shit.
    We really don't know how much time she spent in Spain, or how often she uses Spanish. Right now I'm leaning toward her being a total poser, but that's because I don't like her or Alec.

...and also, WTF is with her brows now? They have a life of their own. It really changes how her eyes look. Listening to her speak with a clear American accent and those big brows and big eyes, she doesn't seem at all like the same woman Alec married (at least to the outside world).

I feel like there are gaps we don't know about her background. If there is utterly no Spanish ancestry, and she only vacationed in Spain, this is some kind of disorder-level thing.
    Novice, tulip, emkat and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I thought a lot of Americans spoke two languages? American and Spanish???
    HA!!! Parts of the country is bilingual, depending on the percentage of Hispanic people living in the area. But we've always been resistant as a nation when it comes to being bilingual. One Texas governor back in the 20s or 30s, I believe was asked about making Spanish language classes mandatory in public schools. His response? "If the English language was good enough for Jesus Christ, it oughta be good enough for everyone else!".

Ummm, ok.
    palta, weathered1, tulip and 1 others like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!Ē Anonymous Introvert

Thread Information