Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madonna settles with Guy Ritchie for 50 million pounds ($76million US Dollars)

Default Madonna settles with Guy Ritchie for 50 million pounds ($76million US Dollars)

Madonna settles divorce for 50M pounds ($76M)
    By RAPHAEL G. SATTER, Associated Press Writer Raphael G. Satter, Associated Press Writer – 13 mins ago
    AP – Under pouring rain, U.S. singer Madonna, front, performs during a concert, part of her 'Sticky and Sweet' …

LONDON – Madonna has settled her divorce with ex-husband Guy Ritchie for at least 50 million pounds ($76 million), the singer's spokeswoman said Monday.
    Liz Rosenberg told The Associated Press the settlement was in the range of 50 million to 60 million pounds ($76 million to $92 million) as part of their divorce agreement, a figure she said included the value of the couple's country home, Ashcombe House in western England.
    Rosenberg said the couple's west London pub — the Punchbowl — would also remain with Ritchie.
    A representative for the British filmmaker declined comment.
    The couple were reportedly worth some $525 million, the vast majority of which belonged to Madonna. Ritchie had an estimated $35 million fortune.
    Their multimillion pound (dollar) settlement is about twice the size paid out in Britain's latest high-profile celebrity divorce, that of former Beatle Paul McCartney and model Heather Mills.
    "I'd assume it's one of the largest payouts ever in a divorce settlement," Rosenberg said.
    The biggest contested divorce settlement in English history was the 48 million pounds (about $90 million at the time) insurance tycoon John Charman was ordered to pay his ex-wife in 2006.
    But U.K.-based entertainment lawyer Ambi Sitham said it made sense for Madonna to divest herself of her British property.
    "She's got no interest in remaining here," Sitham said. "She's relocating and moving back to New York. It's money she's already paid out — what is she going to do, try to sell the houses in a flagging market?"
    Rosenberg said that while the financial component of the settlement had been worked out, custodial arrangements for the couple's children have yet to be finalized.
    Madonna and Ritchie, director of "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels," have two children, Rocco, 8, and David Banda, 3, who was adopted from Malawi in 2006. The singer has a 12-year-old daughter, Lourdes, from a previous relationship with personal trainer Carlos Leon.
    The pair were married in a lavish ceremony in December 2000 at Skibo Castle in the Scottish Highlands.
    But in recent years, reports began to accumulate that their relationship was on the rocks. Over the summer, Madonna was linked — unfairly, she said — to the breakup of New York Yankee Alex Rodriguez and his wife, Cynthia.
    Madonna and Ritchie announced their split in October after months of tabloid speculation. They were granted a preliminary divorce decree on Nov. 21 and the split is expected to become final in January.
    Madonna kicked off her latest tour — "Sticky and Sweet" — in Cardiff, Wales, on Aug. 23. Madonna, Lourdes and Rocco are currently in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where the singer gave a concert Sunday night before 70,000 fans at the famed Maracana soccer stadium.
    She has another concert in Rio later Monday, and then plays in Sao Paulo's Morumbi stadium Thursday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Madonna settles divorce for 50M pounds ($76M) - Yahoo! News

Honestly, he deserves every penny for tolerating those freak arms for so long!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

So if he already had 35 mill he got 76 mill so in the end he got 41 mill. He earned it being married to her.

Madonna is a freak but there's somthing shady about Guy.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Fuck that.
    I think it's bullshit she has to hand money over to someone that is clearly able to work and support himself.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

still not worth fucking that thing for 10 years or so!

so basically he's collecting his pay for being her puppet all these years.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'd fuck Madonna and put up with her shit for half that price. Damn, I'm a bargain!

Guy must've had something on her for her to give him that much. Someone's got a "Secret" indeed...

I don't really have a problem with Madonna but she definitely needs to lay those stupid outfits to rest.

Elite Member

Good for you Guy!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think that money includes the value of any property he gets as well as a certain amount for care of the children.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    I don't really have a problem with Madonna but she definitely needs to lay those stupid outfits to rest.
    I agree. I keep trying to think of what else she could wear but there are not many examples of 50 year old women performing at her level.

Gold Member

Heather Mills must be jealous.

They said that number included a multimillion dollar home and a pub, so its not like its 40 million cash he's getting. Still doesn't seem like he went after a lot of her dough
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

This is just a load of Madonna-style spin. She isn't "giving" them to him; she's only surrendering her share - but he part-owned them in the first place. After all, he's worth plenty of money (35m, wasn't it?) in his own right. Spin, spin, spin, spin, spin. *P'tui*
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information