Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears mimed on X Factor

Default Britney Spears mimed on X Factor

Britney does it One More Mime

By Dan Wootton, 30/11/2008
    p {font-family:verdana,arial; font-size:1.2em; color: #000000; line-height:1em; padding-bottom:0px}

BRITNEY Spears mimed her way through her much-hyped X Factor comeback show last night - but still managed to blow away the audience.
    The pop princess lip-synched to her new song Womanizer because, insiders told me, she wanted to concentrate on her dance routine.
    And after her shambolic public outing just over a year ago, where she stumbled around the stage at the MTV Awards, who could blame her?

Like everyone watching X Factor at home, I waited with bated breath to see if she had recovered from the demons that have plagued her—and the signs were positive.
    I was just two rows from Brit, close enough to see the sweat on her brow, and watched as she gave it her all.

And I can reveal that earlier she left Simon Cowell uncharacteristically speechless—when she admitted she hadn’t watched the show from her dressing room.
    I was the only journalist backstage when Britney met the show’s judges and I saw her stun Simon, 49, into near-silence.

I couldn’t help but giggle when the usually cocksure music mogul was reduced to a bumbling wreck despite having rolled out the red carpet for Britney’s UK comeback performance.
    He asked her if she had seen the five remaining acts perform moments earlier— covering her songs—and she responded with a point-blank “No!”
    There followed a moment of awkward silence as Simon stood open-mouthed in amazement before blurting out: “Oh, that’s okay, not to worry."

Afterwards an X Factor insider told me: “It took Simon by surprise. Obviously everyone expected her to actually watch the show from her dressing room. And afterwards, it was a bit of a case of ‘contestants, who?’”
    The insider continued: “Britney mimed so she could concentrate on her dancing.

“It was a big occasion for her and she wanted everything to be just right. When she messed up the MTV Awards she was just trying to do too much at once and she vowed never to make that mistake again.
    “Britney rightly feels she is back where she belongs - as one of the world’s biggest popstars.”
    Security was at an all-time high for the arrival of the pop princess—and even ITV supremo Peter Fincham was ushered out as she swept through to her dressing room.
    Famous faces in the audience for included supermodel Kate Moss, 34. But there was no sign of her on-off boyfriend Jamie Hince, 39.

Simon Cowell’s ex-girlfriend Terri Seymour was also in the audience for the first time since her split with the judge in September.

PICTURES: Britney does it One More Mime | Showbiz|xs | News Of The World
    "In an underdeveloped country don't drink the water. In a developed country don't breathe the air." - Jonathan Raban.

I think tha if you cannot sing and dance at the same time you are not one of the worlds biggest pop stars.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Chris Moyles (fat rubbish UK DJ) was talking about this this morning on the radio. I don't think it was a good move on her part.....performing on a TALENT shw which is all about the singing.....and miming??? Ugh.

PR disaster. And as for not watching the show, it just proves that it is all about the promotion for her (I haven't seen the video for the X-factor performance but I'm assuming it was the same routine as at the BAMBI awards) and shows an astounding amount of self-absorbsion and ignorance on her part. Silly twat.
    Last edited by Rondette; November 30th, 2008 at 08:20 AM.

Silver Member

I couldn't believe it when I watched it last night. She was crap. She was worse than Mariah Carey when she mimed on the X-Factor a couple of weeks ago. But at least Mariah actually mentored all the acts who were paying tribute to her. Britney was clueless to who the acts were and obviously had no interest in them at all. It was embarrassing. Saying that, how could Britney actually 'mentor' anyone?? She's just a fuckwit who has no real talent anyway. All she could provide would be ways to self implode, and shave your head in public. Saying that, it's Cowell's fault - she only came on for self promotion and not for the good of the show or the acts. He should have told her to shove it. I couldn't believe the standing ovation they gave her. She looked med'ed up to me too.

Isn't that what she always does though? Mime? Does the
    voice on her new album still sound like her old stuff? I
    thought the woman who really was Britters voice quit,
    ala Milli Vanilli bi, lol!
    I'm more concerned with the scary Madonna look she has
    adopted. It's just ugly.

^^^^
    I must say I'm always surprised at Britney's talking voice, it's alot lower and mature sounding than her 'singing' voice...

Wait...doesn't she want to revive her singing career? Then why if she can't sing and dance at the same time would she choose to focus on the dancing? I find it very disrespectful to lip sync when people came to see you sing. If you can't sing, then how can you consider yourself a singer? Too many artists today are only good on the recording because it's been mixed to death, tweaked, and edited, but they sound like shit live. Sad...machines are making more of the music than the people. I don't really have a lot of respect for a "singer" who can only pull it off in the studio. And it pisses me off how the media and the industry are showering Brit with praise for her talent, comeback, and whatever. She hasn't been good in a long time. And just because she can get through a song without tripping, visably lip syncing the wrong words, wig falling off, or sounding terrible does not mean it was a success, deserves awards, and "she is back".

She mimes because SHE CAN'T SING.

She also can't dance. Wants to concentrate on her dancing? Bwah. Anyone who's had any dance experience or even eyes can see what a terrible dancer she is. She's supposedly had lessons since she was like 8 years old and she still clomps around with no rhythm like a six year old at her first lesson. And needs like 15 backup professional dancers to swarm around her to distract everybody.

I want anybody who believes that "can't sing and dance at the same time" bullshit to go to Broadway any night of the week. Hell go to your local community theater.

Gaaaahhh! Of course she doesn't sing, never has, never will. If she was singing, no one would expect her to dance a lot, but she's not singing so she should be dancing; which she doesn't. So either way she sucks.

why anyone gives this halfwit any publicity is beyond me.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I don't know, she didn't even understand the questions he asked her. There will come a day very soon when no one will give a damn about her, and she'll be selling her 2 cent story to people magazine, for a couple thousands.

^It's one word and she still can't sing live.

Anyway, she's mimed every performance she's ever had, why is this getting a special mention.

Default Cheetos and shame shower the world

Generator Land : Britney Spears 2009 Tour Name Generator

Orange Fingers and Six-Packs Hell Yes! 2009

Cortch Shots and Yo-Yo Diets Damn Straight! 2009

Cortch! Wtf! LMAO

Britney lip synchs? In other news, water is wet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information