Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Sky TV presenter Kay Burley grabs a rival by the throat and pins her to a wall

Default Sky TV presenter Kay Burley grabs a rival by the throat and pins her to a wall

Sky News presenter Kay Burley pinned a rival against a wall today when tensions exploded outside court as the press tried to get a glimpse of Naomi Campbell.
    The news anchor clearly had her hand around the throat of a female photographer as the media scrum desperately tried to get a shot of the supermodel.

Burley, 46, and the photographer, Kirsty Wigglesworth, can be seen jostling for position as Campbell, 38, arrived at Uxbridge Magistrates' Court today.

Enlarge
    Scrum: Kay Burley has photographer Kirsty Wigglesworth up against the wall as the media jostle to catch a glimpse of Naomi Campbell as she arrives at court

The model admitted kicking and spitting at a police officer in an outburst at Heathrow Airport earlier this year at the hearing and was sentenced to community service.
    But Campbell's outburst was not the only talk at the court, after Burley and Wigglesworth almost came to blows on the steps as the model arrived.

More...

Witnesses say that Burley, who earns a six-figure salary from her role as a Sky anchor, was hit in the face with a camera as the media raced to get a picture of the model.
    Red raw: The photographer's neck is clearly bruised after the clash

One onlooker said Ms Burley may have suffered a fractured cheek bone in the fracas.

A photographer outside the court building said that he saw Burley and Wigglesworth arguing and shouting.

'All I saw was Burley with her hands around Kirsty's throat. There was a bit of a melee outside and everyone was shouting.
    'They were arguing afterwards. It appears that Burley got a bit angry.
    'I spoke to Kirsty and she said she did nothing that she's aware of, but that's understandable as we were all shouting and stepping on toes.'
    A witness said: 'What happened was, she (Wigglesworth) whacked Kay in the face and Kay grabbed to stop her.
    'I think she's going to have quite a shiner in the morning.'
    Another onlooker added: 'She was trying to defend herself. Kay has a suspected fractured cheekbone and a bad cut on her forehead..
    'We were walking in alongside Naomi and basically, Kay got whacked in the face by a photographer.
    'Kay pushed back the photographer after she had her cheekbone smashed by this person....
    'Kay is badly injured and may have to be treated in hospital for a suspected fracture on her cheekbone. She was in such a bad way that I think even Naomi noticed in the courtroom.'
    Enlarge
    Tussle: Burley, wearing sunglasses, and Wigglesworth were both sandwiched up against the wall as Campbell's entourage tried to make a path through the press

Wigglesworth has worked for the Associated Press (AP) news agency for several years, before which she was at the Press Association.

A spokesman for AP said today: 'Kirsty is sure that she’s not the one who bumped Ms. Burley in what was clearly a chaotic situation.'

Burley started her journalism career on a local newspaper in her hometown of Wigan.
    Before joining Sky News in 1988, she worked for the Sunday Mirror and TV-am as well as local radio and television stations.
    She was live on air in 2001 when the Twin Towers in New York were attacked.

The presenter currently anchors Afternoon Live with Kay Burley each weekday and is the only remaining reporter still working for Sky News from its original line-up.
    She also starred in ITV programme Dancing on Ice last year.

Anchor: Kay Burley has been a presenter on Sky News since 1988

Pictured: The incredible moment Sky TV presenter Kay Burley grabbed a rival by the throat and pinned her to the wall | Mail Online

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

This woman laways looks like such a cold bitch when she delivers the news so this just cracks me up.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I know it's wrong but I find the whole story particularly amusing.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have often rooted for a hair flying media free-for-all during one of their pointless feeding frenzies. This'll do until a bigger one comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    This woman laways looks like such a cold bitch when she delivers the news so this just cracks me up.
    I agree and I dont think this is the first time she had a disagreement
    A few years ago she had an argument with her co-anchor who got the sack because he slapped her!

Wigglesworth
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Kirstys wry smile smells of victory

And she knows it.

Can you smell it bitch....can ya
    I'm using a lot of oxygen and such — I think it's good use of oxygen myself, but of course, I'm a little prejudiced on the matter.

Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    I agree and I dont think this is the first time she had a disagreement
    A few years ago she had an argument with her co-anchor who got the sack because he slapped her!
    Really?? ...did he slap her on air or something?.

It was backstage- apparently the disagreement was over the fact that she read over his autocue lines. There are rumours that she doesnt get on with her co-anchor. The surprising thing was he is really easygoing and is described to be mild mannered. It must have been a right humdinger of a fight

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

She looks like a coldhearted bitch who is pretending to be a woman with class. I really hope she gets arrested for this.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Kay Burley may face legal action after grabbing photographer by the throat

After the battle of Uxbridge court, Sky anchor goes to Ascot as ‘victim’ visits hospital

Sky News presenter Kay Burley could face legal action after she allegedly grabbed a photographer by the neck.
    Friends of Kirsty Wigglesworth say she is taking advice from lawyers amid claims that her throat was injured in what her bosses described as ‘an unprovoked and inexcusable attack’.
    The pair clashed during a frantic media scrum when Naomi Campbell arrived at court on Friday to admit assaulting two police officers in an air rage attack at Heathrow Airport.

Kay Burley sporting a black eye the day after the media scrum outside the Naomi Campbell hearing
    Miss Burley, 46, reacted after being hit in the cheek by a camera during a scuffle as about 100 journalists tried to get a view of the supermodel outside Uxbridge Magistrates Court in West London. Pictures taken after the fracas showed large red marks around Miss Wigglesworth’s throat.
    The award-winning photographer with international news agency The Associated Press was yesterday in tears as a friend took her to hospital from her West London home. She was wearing an orange scarf around her neck as she left her £250,000 flat on the top floor of a converted terraced house.

Enlarge The moment Kay Burley and Kirsty Wigglesworth clashed outside the courtroom
    Miss Wigglesworth said: ‘They’ve got all the TV footage and it’s quite obvious from that what has happened. I’m going to hospital now and I haven’t had any sleep. I’ve been advised not to comment any further.’
    Her friend said: ‘Kirsty’s very upset and I’m just about to take her to hospital to have her neck examined. You’ve seen all the footage and she’s been advised not to comment until she’s sought legal advice.’
    Miss Wigglesworth’s work includes official portraits of Princes William and Harry and she is well-respected.
    Kirsty Wigglesworth's neck, pictured after her encounter with Kay Burley

Meanwhile, Miss Burley appeared with a black eye when enjoying a day racing at Royal Ascot.
    Wearing a black dress and hat, she was also sporting a large bruise to the right side of her face.
    She spent several hours at the private Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow on Friday after the altercation.
    The Sky News anchor had been walking next to Campbell as the model emerged from her court case. During the scrum, a camera accidentally hit Miss Burley on her right cheek. She then grabbed Miss Wigglesworth around the throat in the middle of the astonished Press pack.
    Other photographers who saw the incident said Miss Wigglesworth was left with bruises to her throat. As she left her £1.75million home in Harrow, North West London, Miss Burley was unwilling to say anything about the fight. On Friday she said: ‘As far as I am aware I did not put my hands around her neck. I was hit in the face with a camera. Like anyone else would do I just put my hands up.
    ‘If I did anything else, I apologise.’
    The Associated Press said: ‘Kirsty is absolutely sure that she’s not the person who bumped Ms Burley with a camera. She was the victim of an unprovoked and inexcusable attack.’

'Black eye' Kay Burley may face legal action after grabbing photographer by the throat | Mail Online

Bronze Member

I have heard rumors that Kay is a bit of a goer with a penchant for toy-boys. There is an alleged audio tape of her, drunkly proclaiming at a Christmas party some years ago about how "she loves it up the arse". Apparently quite a few of the cameramen have had a shot.

​Dude, 2008! What happened? Did she turn down your advances or something?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

I miss Buttmunch
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information