Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meryl Streep & Robert Redford want NOTHING to do with crazy Tom Cruise!

Default Meryl Streep & Robert Redford want NOTHING to do with crazy Tom Cruise!

No, Robert Redford and Meryl Streep did not attend Tom Cruise’s big dinner the other night honoring him by the American Museum of the Moving Image.
    When I noted that the "Lions for Lambs" stars were absent, an insider very close to the scene told me, "Meryl and Bob can’t stand Tom. In London, Tom kept trying to push himself into interviews. Bob said, 'No.' Tom wouldn’t listen. Meryl has done almost nothing for the movie. She wants nothing to do with him."
    On the other hand, a supporter of the film said, "That’s mean. They’re great friends. Just look at their interview on 'Good Morning America.'"
    Well, I did. It was pre-taped and not live. It was also highly edited. Cruise says nary a word. Streep sits between the two men. Of course, Redford and Cruise have no scenes together in the movie. But Redford directed him. They do not look like great friends now. Look, no one’s surprised.

Redford certainly would not have felt comfortable on Tuesday night. Cruise not only had big-shot Scientologist Sky Dayton at his table, but also Dan Snyder, Republican and owner of the Washington Redskins. That was not Redford’s scene.
    A spokesman said Redford had always had a Sundance Institute dinner scheduled for that night. But usually in those cases, the absentees send video testimonials. Neither Streep nor Redford were involved in that kind of gesture.
    "Lions for Lambs" is going to be problematic no matter who likes whom. Conversations take place in it that I would like everyone to hear. But few people will. The odds are "LfL" is a huge money loser. It should have been made for HBO or Showtime.
    On the small screen, its sentiments would be much easier to digest. In a big theater, I don’t think so. Anthony Lane wrote in the New Yorker this week that "Lions for Lambs" is "most charitably described as Ibsen with helicopters." Cindy Adams said Cruise could have been replaced by a paper bag. And those are the good reviews.
    Cruise and his very smart partner Paula Wagner follow "LfL" with "Valkyrie," the movie no one thinks they want to see about the attempted assassination of Hitler. It’s scheduled for Aug. 8. You know, in the summer, people love to see the star of "Mission: Impossible" high-stepping around the Fuhrer.
    The tag line is: "You had me at achtung, baby." Neither of these films is destined to be a moneymaker. And that leaves a lot of questions for Merrill Lynch, financiers of the United Artists slate. FOXNews.com - 'Lions' Redford and Streep Not Fond of 'Lamb' Cruise? - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment
    Last edited by Pilaf; November 9th, 2007 at 07:42 PM.

My respect for these two just went up. They'll work with Tom for a quick buck, but won't hang out with him.

Now, if only Will & Jada would stop drinking the spiked Kool-Aid that Tom's giving them.

Ah, Streep and Brad Sr. aren't exactly sane either. But at least they're not sofa jumping.

"Valkyrie," is scheduled for Aug. 8. You know, in the summer, people love to see the star of "Mission: Impossible" high-stepping around the Fuhrer.
    The tag line is: "You had me at achtung, baby."

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Ah, Streep and Brad Sr. aren't exactly sane either. But at least they're not sofa jumping.
    Fascinating observation. Would you elaborate pleeeeeeze? I thought Redford and Streep were solid folks not terribly afflicted with whatever everybody else is drinking in Hollywood. In interviews, they seem unpretentious and down-to-earth. Or am I just seeing what I want to see?
    ...feed me now!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    My respect for these two just went up. They'll work with Tom for a quick buck, but won't hang out with him.

Now, if only Will & Jada would stop drinking the spiked Kool-Aid that Tom's giving them.

Agreed. We should start a 'Save Will and Jada' fund. I can't have my Will Smith worshipping E.T. with Crazy Cruise.

Really surprised that he was hired to begin with. Just can't see Redford and Streep on set with TC + CO$ clan. Spielberg really should have sent an email.....

A*O

Rhetorical Question: Do you think Tom Cruise actually knows that he's a total laughingstock and everyone thinks he's a wanker? Or is he so convinced of his superiority that he interprets being given the cold shoulder by colleagues as some kind of 'jealousy' thing? He seems completely oblivious that apart from his entourage of suckass Co$ goons nobody else wants anything to do with him.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

If all the actors in Hollyweird refused to work with him he would soon go away.
    They won't because .......umm why? I don't get it.
    ( I did enjoy War Of the Worlds though , ashamed to admit. )

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Rhetorical Question: Do you think Tom Cruise actually knows that he's a total laughingstock and everyone thinks he's a wanker? Or is he so convinced of his superiority that he interprets being given the cold shoulder by colleagues as some kind of 'jealousy' thing? He seems completely oblivious that apart from his entourage of suckass Co$ goons nobody else wants anything to do with him.
    I know you weren't looking for an answer, but I would have to say bold for the win.

Now here's a celebrity that I love to hate. Tiny Cruise is such a delusional little tyrant. I've been happy to see the begining of his decline. He's no longer the hot guy. He's the dumpy nutso with manboobs. I'm disappointed that Meryl even worked with him. I've always admired her, this puts a bit of a damper on that. Sorry Meryl but I hope it's a huge bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder -- The definition is in the last Heather Mills thread I think....

He lives in a fairy tale world..
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

I think Tom is seriously crazy...so crazy that you could lock him up in a mental ward right now...it's all in those eyes of his. Like A*O said, I really think he's got himself convinced that he's still on top of the world and everyone loves him.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Wow! Meryl is a great actress. Just look at that wonderfully acted out emotion of happiness on her face. She deserves a fucking Oscar for that!

They should distance themselves from this movie also, it's been getting some pretty bad reviews all around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information