Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Seinfeld: 'Scientology helped my career'

Default Jerry Seinfeld: 'Scientology helped my career'

Jerry Seinfeld has insisted that his belief in Scientology made him a better comedian in his early career.

The Seinfeld star said he was introduced to the religion by a high school teacher almost 30 years ago.

He told Parade magazine: "It was interesting. Believe it or not... it's extremely intellectual and clinical in its approach to problem-solving, which really appealed to me."

Although he did not become as heavily involved as celebrity followers Tom Cruise and John Travolta, he added that his faith had improved his skills as a comic, saying: "In my early years of stand-up, it was very helpful. I took a couple of courses. One of them was in communication, and I learned some things about communication that really got my act going.

"They [Scientologists] have a lot of very good technology. That's what really appealed to me about it. It's not faith-based. It's all technology. And I'm obsessed with technology."

Showbiz - News - Seinfeld: 'Scientology helped my career' - Digital Spy

Jerry's into Scientology???? WTF?

For some reason I thought he was jewish. I can't believe he is a Scientologist. Not another one.

I've heard he took classes but then quit. They must have some REALLY good shit on him for him to all of a sudden come out supporting them in Parade magazine. Yeeeek...
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

WTF? This changes my opinion of him........

I was never a fan of his show but I liked some of his stand-up. But if he's into $cientology, oy. Another one bites the dust.
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

Never a fan of his either. Isn't he returning to TV? Maybe this is for publicity. Or maybe he was filmed in one of those tight suits w/cap & chin part loose too..... Maybe one of the pappos can ask for us if he's ever participated in wrestling or if he knows Red?

Very boring interview by the sound of it. Not that I'd expect anything more out of him. Without George and Kramer, Seinfeld ain't funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkny Mix View Post
    Never a fan of his either. Isn't he returning to TV?
    Yeah, I saw he had some long segment on NBC tonight for some show that started with a C. Sorry, didnt pay attention, it was on mute at the time. But he was on the TV for a long-ass time.

This is weird. It makes me think of the discussion in the Blind section about the war b/t Sci and Speilberg. Maybe Seinfeld is being presured to support the Sci to promote his career.... hmm.

How disappointing to see Seinfeld and $cientology in the same sentence.

Funny, the eipisode of Seinfeld that was on last night mocked $cientology. The one where they are all lost in the garage at the mall and they finally get picked up by a lady and then next thing you know, the lady throws them out of her car for saying something about $cientology....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I don't think he's "into it" anymore at all - sounds like he experimented with it and probably learned some basic "people" skills that he found useful. He's seems pretty dumb anyway. I am NOT defending CoS Seinfeld here (not fond of either) but I would think that the religion doesn't get REALLY weird until you advance into it a little more. If you didn't know what we know today about it and just scratched the surface and took a few courses years ago, it probably seemed like a harmless self -help group than the conniving, soul-sucking cult it is in reality. i don't think the spring the Thetan crap on real heavy until you are into it a little more. That's how they got a lot of people suckered in. I wonder, if it was so great, why he isn't still in it today?

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Funny, the eipisode of Seinfeld that was on last night mocked $cientology. The one where they are all lost in the garage at the mall and they finally get picked up by a lady and then next thing you know, the lady throws them out of her car for saying something about $cientology....
    Huge Seinfeld fan here.

LOL! I remember that one!
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

Another one bites the dust.

And what good technology does he speak of? THE E METER?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Mark Super VII Quantum E-meter

An E-meter is an electronic device manufactured by the Church of Scientology at their Gold Base production facility. It is used as an aid by Dianetics and Scientology counselors and counselors-in-training in some forms of auditing, the application of the techniques of Dianetics and Scientology to another or to oneself for the express purpose of addressing spiritual issues. The device is formally known as the Hubbard Electrometer.
    A 1971 ruling of the United States District Court, District of Columbia (333 F. Supp. 357), specifically stated, "The E-meter has no proven usefulness in the diagnosis, treatment or prevention of any disease, nor is it medically or scientifically capable of improving any bodily function."

[hide]

Seinfeld's a SCIENTOLOGIST??

I'm not into Jerry Seinfeld in the least, but I can't help but mourn the fact that we've lost another to.....it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information