Thread: Megan Gale has hit out at comparisons between herself and Jennifer Hawkins

Default Megan Gale has hit out at comparisons between herself and Jennifer Hawkins

Aussie supermodel Megan Gale has hit out at comparisons between herself and Jennifer Hawkins, saying they are unfair.
    In an exclusive interview aired tonight on A Current Affair, the supermodel says she is much more experienced than the former Miss Universe — who is also the face of rival retail chain Myer.

"For me to be compared and critiqued … it's, I don't want to use the word offensive but, wow … I've done so much over the last fifteen years," Gale told ACA.

"A lot of people don't understand that Jennifer has just started modelling, she's 23 and she's kicking great goals, undeniably… but I think it's unfair to compare her and what she's doing with me and what I'm doing.
    "What she is doing, I was doing eight, nine years ago."
    Gale also said the retail war between rival fashion chain stores Myer and David Jones had stopped the models from becoming friends.
    "We hardly ever see each other, so how can you have a rivalry with someone you never see?" Gale asked.
    "Had all the comparisons not happened we probably could have been really good friends, so it's a shame that (talk of a rivalry) affects that."
    The 32-year-old catwalk queen, whose career went into overdrive when a mobile phone commercial made her a superstar in Italy, said Australians have a suspicious and negative attitude towards home-grown stars.
    "It ends up being a bit of a gossip-slinging match and it feels like my work and my career has been tainted."
    Gale added that the media storm surrounding the pair's "rivalry" is a result of tall–poppy syndrome in Australia and makes Gale miss life in Italy.
    "I love Australia but when that (media coverage of the rivalry) happens, that's when I go and miss Italy because in Italy, they will pick you up and embrace you and love you for life — no questions asked," she said.
    "Whereas here, it's kind of like, 'we love you or well, actually maybe we don't — let's examine you and decide if we love you or not'."
    Gale laughs off comments made by her comedian boyfriend Andy Lee's on-air partner Hamish Blake that joked about her coming between Andy and his work.
    "They're a brand, those two and a duo. I'm never going to be Yoko Ono, as much as Hamish likes to call me Yoko as a joke, which isn't funny," she laughed.
    The humble star says she doesn’t like being called a supermodel: "It should be more like 'super curer of cancer' or 'super brain surgeon' or 'super firefighter' — they're the people who should have super attached to their name, not a model."
    Gale hits out at Hawkins comparisons

To be honest I dont think either is that attractive. Megan looks like a horse and Jennifer is a plain Jane imo

I would prefer Jennifer out of the two of them.

Gold Member

There is no comparison.

Jennifer comes across as down to earth, whereas Megan seems like a stuck up nasty cow.

Neither of them are particulary good looking, but Jennifer has a nice smile.

BTW Megan, you were not doing what Jennifer did in her early 20's. When did you win Miss World/Universe or whatever?

Megan crawl back under the rock from whence you came and go back to Italy. Nobody is comparing the 2 of you, it is just your desperation to get your head on tv .

I hate myself for saying this, but Megan isn't even in the same class as Elle McPherson let alone Jennifer Hawkins.

I'm not a fan of Megan Gales It annoys me when they call her a super model. I know she did some work in Italy but since when was she a super model???

I do think Jennifer Hawkins is stunning & given she comes from the same part of the world as me (Hunter Valley girl) - I have to go with her . She seems very down to earth.

Jennifer is a bitch, I've heard a few stories. I don't think shes all that attractive either. And I dont care for Megan.

Are those the two girls in the pix?

I've never heard of either of them, but if those are 2 different girls they could be sisters! Look at the eyes and the smiles

Gold Member

Yes that is them TheMoog. The one on the left is Jennifer Hawkins.

StayYoung you have shattered my illusions. Jennifer comes across to me as a lovely girl next door type.

Both are boring. Neither one is that attractive. So they're tall and skinny. Wow, big whoop.

They're both tall and skinny, fairly uninteresting and wear clothes for a living right? I can see why some would draw some comparisons.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Megan Gale? Never heard of her.

Jennifer also had a big makeover prior to becoming Miss Universe. Nose, breasts and several other things that I cant remember but they were in the article that was 'exposing' Jennifer hawkins.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoog View Post
    Are those the two girls in the pix?

I've never heard of either of them, but if those are 2 different girls they could be sisters! Look at the eyes and the smiles
    Same here, Moog.

I've never heard of them either and at first glance figured it was the same girl with blonde hair and a tan.

If ya ask me the girl on the left is prettiest, though I do love the girl on the right's hairdo.
    Both are very attractive though.

A*O

Megan Gale (the brunette on the right) was THE Aussie model until Jennifer came along and pushed her off her pedestal. Both are attractive but you can see as good or better on any beach.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Thread Information