• 9 Post By sluce
  • 4 Post By czb
  • 1 Post By ConstanceSpry
  • 2 Post By Trixie

Thread: Meghan McCain announces she's leaving 'The View'

Silver Member

Default Meghan McCain announces she's leaving 'The View'

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...-view-n1272901

Meghan McCain announced on Thursday's episode of "The View" that she is leaving the long-running ABC daytime talk show.
    "I am just going to rip the Band-Aid off. I'm here to tell all of you, my wonderful co-hosts and the viewers at home that this is going to be my last season," she said, kicking off the episode with the news of her departure. "Covid has changed the world for all of us, and it changed the way, at least for me, the way that I am looking at life, the way I'm living my life, the way I want my life to look like."

McCain explained that leaving wasn't an easy decision but said she wants to spend more time in Washington, D.C., with her husband and daughter, whom she welcomed in September.
    "I just have this really wonderful life here that ultimately I felt like I didn't want to leave," she said. "On a professional note, this show is one of the hands-down greatest, most exhilarating, wonderful privileges of my entire life."
    In a statement, ABC News said that it understands and respects McCain's desire to leave for her family.
    “For the past four years, Meghan McCain has brought her fierce determination and vast political knowledge and experience to The View," the network said. "We wish the best for Meghan as she plans her next chapter, and thank her for the passion and unique voice that she shared with us and our viewers each day.”
    McCain, the daughter of the late U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., joined the show in October 2017. She, along with hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sara Haines and Sunny Hostin, discuss daily newsworthy topics on politics and news.
    An outspoken Republican conservative, McCain often got into heated debates with her colleagues, some of which would go viral on social media.

In her announcement, she joked about bickering with her co-workers, saying, “I will still be here another month so if you guys want to fight a little bit more, we have four more weeks.”
    She went on to praise her co-hosts as "strong, brilliant, intelligent, incredible broadcasters."
    "You are the most talented women on all of television," she said.
    Goldberg told McCain that it has been "quite wonderful to sit across from you" and recalled how John McCain had encouraged her to join the show. Hostin praised McCain for having a "really important point of view," saying it has been "wonderful" to work with her.
    Haines added: “It has been an honor to sit here with you. You are a tough … that’s all I can say on daytime TV,” she said laughing.
    Behar acknowledged that she has had her share of disagreements with McCain, but applauded her for sticking by her opinions.
    McCain will stay on the show through the end of July.

And the world rejoices.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Meghan McCain was ‘miserable’ at ‘vicious’ ‘The View’

Meghan McCain has been wanting to say sayonara to “The View” since not long after she joined the talk show, a source exclusively told Page Six.
    “She’s been wanting to get out, especially since she now lives in the DC area with her family. She doesn’t want to come back to New York and be a part of that show. She’s been miserable since she started,” the source said.

Before McCain, 36, announced on Thursday that she’ll end her four-season run in July, an insider told us, “ABC begged for her to stay, [and] she said, ‘No — I’m done! I’m not staying anymore.’”
    The network had “even offered a contributor role on ABC News, which she turned down,” the insider said. “She’s just had enough. She doesn’t need it anymore — she really doesn’t need it.”
    The insider added on Thursday: “The number of people who exit the show, it’s a joke. It’s a game there. It’s under the news division and … they thrive off women fighting. Everyone leaves there with their hair on fire. It’s really vicious.”
    A different source further said of the outgoing conservative co-host: “People have loved hurting her and being cruel to her the entire time she’s been there.”
    McCain joined the show in 2017 and caused waves throughout her tenure.
    Multiple sources told us that the ousters of top ABC execs Barbara Fedida and James Goldston were “a game changer” for McCain and her co-hosts.
    “[McCain] no longer had the climate of protection she had under [former ABC News president] James Goldston,” one insider said. “When he was there, there was this sense of retribution if you didn’t get along with Meghan. She would act out, yell at the audience, guests, and fight with her co-hosts[on-air], but there was never an ‘OK, you have to get along with your co-hosts.”
    Another source added: “The onus was always on them to get along with her and put up with her bulls–t.”
    When Kim Godwin was named president of ABC News in April, we’re told she took a “no-nonsense” approach in shaping up the show.
    “There was a meeting. Kim didn’t take a side, but she came in with a stern, ‘You have to figure this out,'” an insider said.
    Despite buzz that McCain — the daughter of the late Sen. John McCain — was getting pushed out, multiple sources told us that she ultimately decided to leave. And despite the hosts’ chummy on-air goodbye, multiple sources and insiders maintain the ladies “hate each other.”
    ABC previously said in a statement: “For the past four years, Meghan McCain has brought her fierce determination and vast political knowledge and experience to ‘The View.’ She recently came to us with her decision to depart the show at the end of this season, a difficult choice that she made for her and her family that we respect and understand. We wish the best for Meghan as she plans her next chapter, and thank her for the passion and unique voice that she shared with us and our viewers each day.”

pagesix

"I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

No way it was solely her idea. She's trash and is disliked by almost every cast member and crew per the person I personally know at ABC. Ratings have been down since she returned from maternity leave and advertisers have responded by buying fewer spots and not paying as much. I say good riddance.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

sluce!!!
    NickiDrea, sluce, tulip and 1 others like this.

Good riddance to that toxic twit. Too bad (for her) she’s a rump enemy and faux news won’t dare hire her.
    Lily Bleu likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

^ I dunno, maybe, maybe not. They might be desperate enough. That's where she came from and where the conservative View hosts go to die (elizabeth, jedediah) and Meghan has remained loyal to her tribe against all logic. I think she thinks she's important enough to have her own show. She's a joke in mainstream tv so I doubt she has many other options.
    crayzeehappee and tulip like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thread Information