Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Bill Cosby Conviction Thrown Out and He Will Go Free

fgg

Default Bill Cosby Conviction Thrown Out and He Will Go Free

10:28 AM PT -- We just spoke with Cosby's family spokesperson, Andrew Wyatt, who tells us the decision was just as much of a surprise to the family as it was to everyone else. Wyatt, who spoke to us from Bill's home, says he's headed to go and pick up the comedian.

Bill Cosby's conviction has been overturned and he will go free.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court just ruled ... there are 2 reasons why the conviction could not stand -- the judge allowed prosecutors to call 5 other accusers during the trial, and Cosby should never have been criminally prosecuted based on an agreement he made with the former D.A.

As for the first reason ... the Pennsylvania high court ruled it was unduly prejudicial to allow 5 women with stories similar to Andrea Constand to testify, trying to show Cosby had an M.O. for drugging women and then sexually assaulting them.

The second reason was fought hard during trial ... former D.A. Bruce Castor cut a deal with Cosby that if he testified in a civil deposition he would not face trial criminally. During that deposition, Cosby made incriminating statements about drugging women, and it was presented at trial. The Supreme Court ruled the deal was broken by prosecutors.

The judge vacated both the conviction and the sentence and ordered the 83-year-old comedian discharged -- presumably immediately.

The Court ruled not only is Cosby now a free man ... he cannot be retried.

Cosby had served more than 2 years of a 10-year sentence.

Cosby's team is on its way to prison to pick him up.

Originally Published -- 9:57 AM PT

https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/30/bill-...l-be-released/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

D.A. Bruce Castor cut a deal with Cosby that if he testified in a civil deposition he would not face trial criminally.
    Does this Castor dude still have a job? And who cuts a deal like this?

As for the first reason ... the Pennsylvania high court ruled it was unduly prejudicial to allow 5 women with stories similar to Andrea Constand to testify, trying to show Cosby had an M.O. for drugging women and then sexually assaulting them.
    ^^^ This summary read like if you are really super-consistent with how you commit a crime, then they can't call more than one witness against you. Was he only criminally charged for what hedid with Constand?
    fgg, weathered1, Kittylady and 1 others like this.

What?
    I mean, WHAT THE FUCK?
    Beeyotch, Sarzy, Oasis and 7 others like this.

May he have a heart attack and/or stroke that renders him a vegetable trapped in his shitty body.

I can't believe what I just read?
    -

Bronze Member

Fucker should have died in prison.

All of his ailments will disappear as soon as he steps outside of that prison.

This is disgusting, but its what happens when you have money.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Really?? So to hell with all the women he drugged and raped? Best justice money can buy.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

This ruling has made me feel sick to my stomach all day, but while it's horrifying, does anyone believe there is some merit in the ruling? Please don't misunderstand me, he's a monster and totally deserves to die in prison, but from a legal standpoint, wasn't his conviction after that appalling deal with the first prosecutor problematic? The extra women testifying I believe is a step we must take in rape/sexual abuse cases, but if the prosecutor's deals can't be trusted to hold up, doesn't that undermine the system as well?

I'm not arguing this, I'm looking for insight from many of you who have a much more in depth knowledge of the law and the court systems than I have.

Still, most women are feeling a little less safe tonight.
    tulip, Kittylady and Trixie like this.

Elite Member

Wow. I'm gobsmacked.

Um, I'm thoroughly confused by the whole plea deal -- What in the world was that?
    Kittylady likes this.

Sorry, but these were both the right legal rulings. And itís not about money. Itís about the law. Allowing in the 404(b) prior bad acts was wrong. I called that out when the judge allowed it. It was also wrong to prosecute him when he was told he wouldnít be prosecuted. He is definitely guilty but the DAís office and the trial judge both messed up here.

But heís a shit human.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

It is about money. Do you really think a poor black man would have skated on this technicality?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Sorry, but these were both the right legal rulings. And it’s not about money. It’s about the law. Allowing in the 404(b) prior bad acts was wrong. I called that out when the judge allowed it. It was also wrong to prosecute him when he was told he wouldn’t be prosecuted. He is definitely guilty but the DA’s office and the trial judge both messed up here.

But he’s a shit human.
    Why can't prior acts be included to prove a pattern of behavior? Again, asking, not arguing. Or is it because they haven't been proven in a court of law?

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    It is about money. Do you really think a poor black man would have skated on this technicality?
    No, I absolutely don't think a poor black man would be walking free today. But it seems to me that's because our justice system is failing the poor black man, and the standard should be raised to the highest level for everyone.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Sorry, but these were both the right legal rulings. And it’s not about money. It’s about the law. Allowing in the 404(b) prior bad acts was wrong. I called that out when the judge allowed it. It was also wrong to prosecute him when he was told he wouldn’t be prosecuted. He is definitely guilty but the DA’s office and the trial judge both messed up here.

But he’s a shit human.
    That makes sense. Sucks, but makes sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information