Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Ewan McGregor and girlfriend Mary Elizabeth Winstead welcome baby boy named Laurie

Default Ewan McGregor and girlfriend Mary Elizabeth Winstead welcome baby boy named Laurie

Ewan McGregor, 50, welcomes secret baby boy with girlfriend Mary Elizabeth Winstead, 36, as his daughter Clara confirms birth with heartwarming snaps

Ewan McGregor and his girlfriend Mary Elizabeth Winstead have welcomed a son together.

The couple, who never announced Mary's pregnancy, have become parents to a baby boy, announced by Ewan's daughter Clara on Instagram on Sunday.
    xClara, 25, whose mother is the actor's ex-wife Eve Mavrakis, shared a heartwarming snap of herself cradling her brother in her arms as she congratulated her father, 50, and Mary, 36.

She wrote: 'Welcome to the world little brother ❤️ congratulations to my Dad & Mary - this is the greatest gift'.
    Ewan and Mary have been together since 2017 after they met on the set of Fargo.

MailOnline has contacted representatives for Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead for comment.
    This isn't the first time Ewan has surprised fans with secret baby news, previously revealing in 2011 that he adopted a girl.

The couple, who never announced Mary's pregnancy, have become parents to a baby boy, announced by Ewan's daughter Clara on Instagram on Sunday

He told the New York Post that year: 'My wife and four girls – 15, two 9-year-olds and a baby of four months – often come with me if it’s a holiday or my locations and their schedules allow. Sometimes we uproot them and put them in another school.'
    Ewan shares Clara, and daughters Esther, 19, Jamyan, 20, and Anouk, 10, with ex-wife Eve, they split in 2017 and their divorce was finalised in August 2020.
    In July 2018, Clara fired verbal shots at Mary Elizabeth after a fan of the actress tagged her in a photo of Ewan and Mary sharing a kiss at a Vanity Fair Oscars party.
    In the post's caption, the fan had referred to Winstead as 'the most beautiful and talented woman on earth' - something Clara was more than ready to refute.

Clara wrote: 'Welcome to the world little brother ❤️ congratulations to my Dad & Mary - this is the greatest gift'

'Most beautiful and talented woman on earth??? Oh man y'all are delusional. The girl is a piece of trash ,' wrote Clara in the post's comment section.
    Soon after her reply, another Winstead fan urged her to 'say it to [Winstead's] face not [on] social media.'
    They added: 'It took TWO to undo this marriage. If a man OR woman is happy w/ their marriage no outside interference can destroy that!'
    To the fan's surprise, Clara firmly agrees with their assessment. 'Yup it took two!! Mary & my father ,' she wrote.
    In an interview with The Times in August that year, Clara openly acknowledged the immaturity of her Instagram banter, but claimed that her rage was justified.
    'It wasn't the most mature way to go about things, but I was angry and upset.'
    According to Clara, there were things going on behind-the-scenes that became 'a lot to deal with' and eventually sent her over the edge.
    'There had been a lot building up to it and a lot to deal with - not to make excuses or anything - but, yeah, it wasn't my finest moment,' she admitted.
    She also explained that she kept 'being tagged in the photograph' and was 'seeing negative things about [her] mom.'
    'I said how I felt and I didn't want to apologise for it. It wasn't the right way to go about things, but it's a hard thing to wrap your head around when you feel you had this idea of what the family unit is and then to have that shift. It's very weird.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/

Ewan McGregor, 50, becomes a father for the FIFTH time as he welcomes secret baby boy named Laurie with girlfriend Mary Elizabeth Winstead, 36 - with daughter Clara, 25, confirming the birth in sweet snaps

• The couple, who never revealed Mary's pregnancy, had their baby news announced by Ewan's daughter Clara on Instagram on Sunday
    • Clara, 25, shared a heartwarming snap of herself cradling her brother in her arms as she congratulated her father, 50, and Mary, 36
    • Ewan's daughter Esther also shared snaps of the newborn and revealed he is named Laurie
    • Ewan and Mary Elizabeth have been together since 2017 after they met on the set of Fargo
    • This isn't the first time Ewan has surprised fans with secret baby news, previously revealing in 2011 that he adopted a girl
    • Ewan shares Clara and daughters Esther, 19, Jamyan, 20, and Anouk, 10, with ex-wife Eve Mavrakis, they split in 2017 and their divorce was finalised in 2020

Ewan McGregor and his girlfriend Mary Elizabeth Winstead have welcomed a son together named Laurie.
    The couple, who never revealed they were expecting, had their baby news announced by Ewan's daughter Clara on Instagram on Sunday.
    Clara, 25, whose mother is the actor's ex-wife Eve Mavrakis, shared a heartwarming snap of herself cradling her brother in her arms as she congratulated her father, 50, and Mary, 36.

Ewan's daughter Esther, 19, also shared pictures cradling the newborn as she gushed: 'Met my little brother looking like a pirate. I recommend! Welcome to the family little Laurie'.
    Ewan and Mary Elizabeth have been together since 2017 after they met on the set of Fargo.

Ewan shares Clara, and daughters Esther, 19, Jamyan, 20, and Anouk, 10, with ex-wife Eve, they split in 2017 after 22 years of marriage and their divorce was finalised in August 2020.
    The couple, who met on the set of the TV crime drama Kavanagh QC, first confirmed their split in 2017 amid claims Ewan had been seen kissing Mary in a London restaurant.
    Eve was pictured without her wedding ring at around the same time.
    Ewan – who blamed 'irreconcilable differences' for the split – then began dating Mary. However, his decision to do so left the couple's eldest daughter Clara furious.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9731221/Ewan-McGregor-50-welcomes-secret-baby-boy-girlfriend-Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead-36.html
    Last edited by dowcat; June 28th, 2021 at 04:15 PM.

"T„o estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguťm suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Well, they seem to have worked things out together. The pictures are very sweet. I feel for his ex, but sometimes life sucks, and I'm glad Clara seems to have made peace with the situation - not for Ewan & Mary's benefit, but for her own.

fgg

this seems to me like clara stole ewan & mary's thunder. why would any info about this pregnancy/baby and posting on social media first come from clara? my guess is she is shit-stirring under the guise of being a happy older sister.
    weathered1 and Trixie like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Well...that's large of Clara. I'm trying to think of me in my early 20s and if my dad left my mom for some co-star of his and then had a fucktrophy with her at the age of 50 you bet I wouldn't be holding that baby, in fact I probably wouldn't even acknowledge the little shit exists. Let's hope Mary Elizabeth whatsherface doesn't have a dozen more like that Hilaria person

clara sounds needy and exhausting.
    weathered1, fgg, KrisNine and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

My sister's children, who were in their late teens to mid 20s when their father left their mom for another woman, had a very, very difficult time. They felt their whole life had been a lie. People always think about younger children and divorce, but it can do a number on adult children as well. There were a lot of trust issues with relationships for them. This was a long time ago, and all is well, but it took years.

Mary's an idiot if she thinks he's going to be faithful.
    DawnM74, dowcat, Kittylady and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    this seems to me like clara stole ewan & mary's thunder. why would any info about this pregnancy/baby and posting on social media first come from clara? my guess is she is shit-stirring under the guise of being a happy older sister.
    She definitely stole their thunder. Wonder if she had their permission to post pics of their child?

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    My sister's children, who were in their late teens to mid 20s when their father left their mom for another woman, had a very, very difficult time. They felt their whole life had been a lie. People always think about younger children and divorce, but it can do a number on adult children as well. There were a lot of trust issues with relationships for them. This was a long time ago, and all is well, but it took years.
    My parents divorced when I was very young, so I have no real recollection of them together. Do I wish I grew up with a father in my life? Sure, but you can't miss what you never had. I actually felt more sorry for my high school friends whose parents were divorcing. It was a lot harder on them.
    tulip likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    My parents divorced when I was very young, so I have no real recollection of them together. Do I wish I grew up with a father in my life? Sure, but you can't miss what you never had. I actually felt more sorry for my high school friends whose parents were divorcing. It was a lot harder on them.
    This has been pretty illuminating, but I remember having a gf in college who was devastated at her parents' divorce - dad left the mom. She had seething anger toward him. She was probably around 14 or so when they divorced. Her younger sister, who would have been around 11 at the time, seemed completely unaffected by it and would ask my gf why she was so angry.
    DawnM74 likes this.

this happened to a friend of mine when she was in her 30’s. Her dad left her mom for a woman that worked for him. It was pretty bad. It messed up the whole family and really affected her.
    DawnM74 and tulip like this.

i've seen it go both ways. i think if you're older, one parent leaving because of someone else probably affects you more because you have a better understanding of the betrayal, anger, etc. and it's normal to want to protect the parent that was abandoned. but then you just have to grow the fuck up and get over it and realise your parents and their relationship is separate from you and your parent might have cheated on their spouse but they didn't cheat on you and you can't take on your cheated on parent's emotional burden.

but even if there isn't cheating, some older kids and adults have a very primal attachment to their parents being together that is really selfish and more about them than their parents' happiness. it's like they never matured enough to reailse it's not all about them.
    though different than divorce, i saw this a lot with other people who have lost a parent. when my dad died, as gutted and destroyed as i was, it never crossed my mind even a little bit to be jealous or territorial or weird about my mother moving on and seeing other people. some other half orphans i talked about this with were like me but i also spoke to other people around my age (i was 25 when my dad died) or a little younger who were absolutely devastated when their surviving parent started dating again, or even just the idea of it, they felt it was a massive betrayal. i just rolled my eyes. what do these people expect? that they get to go out in the world like adults, speak to their remaining parent maybe once a week, but expect that parent never to move on and to remain faithful to a ghost and for their whole life to be about that maybe weekly visit they get from their adult kids who are off living their lives? it's not that different with a divorce. once you get to a certain age, you have to realise that your parents don't just exist for your benefit, their marriage/relationship is separate from you, and they have their lives too and their happiness can't only be about their kids.
    Mrs Fawlty likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Depending on the age, though, I could see how a kid would be rightfully furious, angry, and frustrated about a parents' divorce. It has to be incredibly destabilizing. Moreoever, now you have a kid who is potentially going to get dragged into family court, take sides against another parent, have to get up and go to one parents has A, B, C days of the week, and the other's house D, E, F, and G. That's a big freaking mess, and I know that it will play out the rest of their lives in some fashion because I've known people who had to decide which parent they are going to spend the holidays with and then have to worry about the other parent getting upset about it.

Then, you have parents getting remarried and the bio kid is now sharing a bedroom with a stranger (kid from the new parent's previous marriage). That's pretty rough.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik;[URL="tel:3817399"
    3817399[/URL]]clara sounds needy and exhausting.
    She’s had her (un)fair share of mental health issues starting with anxiety when she was 4; so given that she’s recovering from an addiction and depression plus shit in her personal life (I’m not going to repeat it here, I’m sure she wants to move on from what she said in 2019).
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i've seen it go both ways. i think if you're older, one parent leaving because of someone else probably affects you more because you have a better understanding of the betrayal, anger, etc. and it's normal to want to protect the parent that was abandoned. but then you just have to grow the fuck up and get over it and realise your parents and their relationship is separate from you and your parent might have cheated on their spouse but they didn't cheat on you and you can't take on your cheated on parent's emotional burden.

but even if there isn't cheating, some older kids and adults have a very primal attachment to their parents being together that is really selfish and more about them than their parents' happiness. it's like they never matured enough to reailse it's not all about them.
    though different than divorce, i saw this a lot with other people who have lost a parent. when my dad died, as gutted and destroyed as i was, it never crossed my mind even a little bit to be jealous or territorial or weird about my mother moving on and seeing other people. some other half orphans i talked about this with were like me but i also spoke to other people around my age (i was 25 when my dad died) or a little younger who were absolutely devastated when their surviving parent started dating again, or even just the idea of it, they felt it was a massive betrayal. i just rolled my eyes. what do these people expect? that they get to go out in the world like adults, speak to their remaining parent maybe once a week, but expect that parent never to move on and to remain faithful to a ghost and for their whole life to be about that maybe weekly visit they get from their adult kids who are off living their lives? it's not that different with a divorce. once you get to a certain age, you have to realise that your parents don't just exist for your benefit, their marriage/relationship is separate from you, and they have their lives too and their happiness can't only be about their kids.
    I was 13 when my parents divorced and it seriously damaged me. There were signs of the damage when I was 15 or 16 or so but I didnít understand that at the time. It wasnít until I was in my 20s that I realized that it fucked me up big time and itís impacted all of my relationships since then. I have serious trust issues and I am emotionally unavailable due to fear of being hurt. Itís really unfortunate. On the surface I probably seemed fine to my parents but I was acting out in ways and hiding it from them, and it still impacts me as an adult. I would not wish these issues on anyone. Probably I should go into therapy but at almost 40 it just seems pointless.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

czb

mr czb's parents divorced when he was 16 and he definitely had trust issues for a long long time. i still see evidence of it and he says he trusts me more than he has ever trusted anyone. which is kinda scary.

one of our friends who went through a bitter divorce likened the experience to a death. and he later said that would've been in favor of staying together for the kids since he thinks it would've been less damaging.
    DawnM74 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information