Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree255Likes

Thread: All of Chrissy Teigen is sorry...

Default All of Chrissy Teigen is sorry...

All of Chrissy Teigen is sorry.

The model, 35, returned to Instagram with a lengthy message to apologize for her past cyberbullying of Courtney Stodden, among others, on Monday. The post is also available to read on Medium.
    “Hi all. It has been a VERY humbling few weeks,” she began. “I know I’ve been quiet, and lord knows you don’t want to hear about me, but I want you to know I’ve been sitting in a hole of deserved global punishment, the ultimate ‘sit here and think about what you’ve done.’”

“Not a day, not a single moment has passed where I haven’t felt the crushing weight of regret for the things I’ve said in the past,” she continued. “As you know, a bunch of my old awful (awful, awful) tweets resurfaced. I’m truly ashamed of them. As I look at them and understand the hurt they caused, I have to stop and wonder: How could I have done that?”

She then addressed her bullying of Stodden, who now uses they/them pronouns, saying, “I’ve apologized publicly to one person, but there are others — and more than just a few — who I need to say I’m sorry to. I’m in the process of privately reaching out to the people I insulted. It’s like my own version of that show ‘My Name is Earl!’ I understand that they may not want to speak to me. I don’t think I’d like to speak to me. (The real truth in all of this is how much I actually cannot take confrontation.) But if they do, I am here and I will listen to what they have to say, while apologizing through sobs.”

Stodden, 26, accused Teigen of telling them to kill themselves in private DMs after publicly tweeting that Stodden should “take ‘a dirt nap.'” Teigen publicly apologized to Stodden in May, but Stodden claimed they never heard from her privately.

Teigen continued her essay by acknowledging that she was a “troll” on social media whose behavior was uncalled for.
    Chrissy Teigen's regrettable Twitter history

She explained, “In reality, I was insecure, immature and in a world where I thought I needed to impress strangers to be accepted. If there was a pop culture pile-on, I took to Twitter to try to gain attention and show off what I at the time believed was a crude, clever, harmless quip. I thought it made me cool and relatable if I poked fun at celebrities.”

“Now, confronted with some of the things that I said, I cringe to my core,” she admitted. “I’ll honestly get sharp, stabbing pains in my body, randomly remembering my a–hole past, and I deserve it. Words have consequences and there are real people behind the Twitter handles I went after. I wasn’t just attacking some random avatar, but hurting young women — some who were still girls — who had feelings. How could I not stop and think of that?”
    She then confessed she wanted to be better for her daughter, Luna, 5, and her son, Miles, 3.

“John tells me almost every day how much our daughter Luna reminds him of me,” she wrote. “Every day, I try to make sure she’s all the best parts of me, all the things I aspire to be all the time, but fail at sometimes. And we preach kindness to her and Miles every chance we get. Will they eventually realize there is some hypocrisy there? I certainly do. But I hope they recognize my evolution.”

She added, “My goal is to be so good that my kids will think this was all a fairy tale. Not the fake good. The good that has the best intentions, the good who wakes up wanting to make her friends, family, her team and fans as happy as possible. The good who will still f— up in front of the world but rarely, and never not growing only more good from it.”

Her husband, “All of Me” singer John Legend, simply commented “” on her Instagram post.

She concluded the message by asking for “patience and tolerance” as she works on herself through therapy and other avenues.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

So what about apologising directly to the Stod for the personal messages? Since that hasn’t happened.

And what about Lohan??? Or do you only apologise when you’re found out???

An unearthed tweet from Chrissy’s account resurfaced poking fun at Lindsay’s previous self-harm struggle, which read: “Lindsay adds a few more slits to her wrists when she sees Emma Stone." Lindsay has yet to address the since-deleted tweet, however, her mother Dina opened up to Page Six about it, saying: “When someone says hurtful words they’re not just hurting that person, they’re hurting their siblings, their mother, their grandma.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    So what about apologising directly to the Stod for the personal messages? Since that hasn’t happened.

And what about Lohan??? Or do you only apologise when you’re found out???
    The article says she's "in the process of reaching out"? She should personally contact everyone, especially Courtney Stodden.

I want to buy her apology, but something is ringing hollow to me.

People say mean things online. Most of them are smart enough to do so anonymously, not under their real names. And especially if they're "famous".

That said, cry me a river, dumbass. "oh I just wanted to be one of the cool kids" doesn't cut it.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Personal messages telling people - kids even - they the world would be a better place if they killed themselves is a different level of malevolence.

I would say that after this she’ll go to some sort of retreat (they don’t have rehab for death threats do they???) or have a(nother) miscarriage or be diagnosed with something so that the public can get behind her. Nothing life threatening mind, just inconvenient and a little itchy. A bit like Pamela Anderson & her on/off Hep C.

Because it is still all about her:-
    It’s like my own version of that show ‘My Name is Earl!’ I understand that they may not want to speak to me. I don’t think I’d like to speak to me. (The real truth in all of this is how much I actually cannot take confrontation.)”

I guess she & her hubby hired the best Crisis PR that their money could buy.
    She needs to just stop speaking and actually do something.
    dexter7 and DawnM74 like this.

Nice thread title.

That's the only positive thing I have to say here.

When your fillers have your face looking like a cabbage patch doll on steroids you should probably stfu about everyone else.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)][IMG]https://miro.medium.com/fit/c/56/56/1*iQYB9PakI5YQsF0GV_KKqQ.jpeg[/IMG]
    chrissy teigen

6 hours ago·5 min read

[/COLOR]
    Hi all. It has been a VERY humbling few weeks.
    I know I’ve been quiet, and lord knows you don’t want to hear about me, but I want you to know I’ve been sitting in a hole of deserved global punishment, the ultimate “sit here and think about what you’ve done”. Not a day, not a single moment has passed where I haven’t felt the crushing weight of regret for the things I’ve said in the past.
    As you know, a bunch of my old awful (awful, awful) tweets resurfaced. I’m truly ashamed of them. As I look at them and understand the hurt they caused, I have to stop and wonder: How could I have done that?
    I’ve apologized publicly to one person, but there are others — and more than just a few — who I need to say I’m sorry to. I’m in the process of privately reaching out to the people I insulted. It’s like my own version of that show My Name is Earl! I understand that they may not want to speak to me. I don’t think I’d like to speak to me. (The real truth in all of this is how much I actually cannot take confrontation.) But if they do, I am here and I will listen to what they have to say, while apologizing through sobs.
    There is simply no excuse for my past horrible tweets. My targets didn’t deserve them. No one does. Many of them needed empathy, kindness, understanding and support, not my meanness masquerading as a kind of casual, edgy humor.
    I was a troll, full stop. And I am so sorry.
    I want to go a little further here, thinking of those I’ve hurt and friends I’ve disappointed.
    When I first started using social media, I had so much fun with it. I made jokes, random observations. Think of all the engineers, working day and night to develop this amazing new platform and technology, connecting people all over the world to learn, create, and find kindred spirits. And I used it to snark at some celebrities.
    In reality, I was insecure, immature and in a world where I thought I needed to impress strangers to be accepted. If there was a pop culture pile-on, I took to Twitter to try to gain attention and show off what I at the time believed was a crude, clever, harmless quip. I thought it made me cool and relatable if I poked fun at celebrities.
    Now, confronted with some of the things that I said, I cringe to my core. I’ll honestly get sharp, stabbing pains in my body, randomly remembering my asshole past, and I deserve it. Words have consequences and there are real people behind the Twitter handles I went after. I wasn’t just attacking some random avatar, but hurting young women — some who were still girls — who had feelings. How could I not stop and think of that? Why did I think there was some invisible psycho-celebrity formula that prevents anyone with more followers from experiencing pain? How did I not realize my words were cruel? What gave me the right to say these things?
    I wasn’t mean in my everyday life. More than once, someone would come up to me and say, “You’re so much nicer in person.” Why was that not a huge red flag? But I took it in and tossed it aside. I did book signings where girls would call me a bad ass bitch, and I’d stretch my arm toward them as they walked away, looking at my friends and saying, “I promise, I’m not!”
    At the time, I just didn’t get it. Believe me, I get it now.
    I’m telling you this for context, not seeking or deserving any sympathy. There’s no justification for my behavior. I’m not a victim here. The subjects of your sympathy — and mine — should be those I put down.
    The truth is, I’m no longer the person who wrote those horrible things. I grew up, got therapy, got married, had kids, got more therapy, experienced loss and pain, got more therapy and experienced more life. AND GOT MORE THERAPY.
    Life has made me more empathetic. I’m more understanding of what motivates trolling — the instant gratification that you get from lashing out and clapping back, throwing rocks at someone you think is invincible because they’re famous. Also, I know now how it feels to be on the receiving end of incredible vitriol. Believe me, the irony of this is not lost on me.
    John tells me almost every day how much our daughter Luna reminds him of me. Every day, I try to make sure she’s all the best parts of me, all the things I aspire to be all the time, but fail at sometimes. And we preach kindness to her and Miles every chance we get. Will they eventually realize there is some hypocrisy there? I certainly do. But I hope they recognize my evolution. My goal is to be so good that my kids will think this was all a fairy tale. Not the fake good. The good that has the best intentions, the good who wakes up wanting to make her friends, family, her team and fans as happy as possible. The good who will still fuck up in front of the world but rarely, and never not growing only more good from it.
    I’m going to keep working to be the best version of myself for EVERYONE. Everyone deserves better — even my detractors. And better is what you can expect from me. The world needs more kindness and love and I want to contribute to it. I’ve been on a path of self-improvement for the past decade and that path is going to continue.
    I truly love that social media has connected me to so many of you. We’ve shared so much, I’ve learned so much, I’ve grown so much, and I love what you have meant to me.
    I have so much love to give if you are open and willing to accept it. And if not, that’s okay too. That’s something I work on being more okay with every day. I know I let you down, but I hope I can make you proud. It’s been a heavy few weeks, so I’m going to take some more time to focus on things that are most important — being with my family and taking care of myself.
    We are all more than our worst moments.
    I won’t ask for your forgiveness, only your patience and tolerance. I ask that you allow me, as I promise to allow you, to own past mistakes and be given the opportunity to seek self improvement and change.
    Phew. A lot, I know. Thanks for listening

https://chrissyteigen.medium.com/hi-again-3bb3faffa76d

She should apologize to everyone she's insulted, except for Trump.

There are more I's in that post than in a sack of rotten potatoes.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Yeah she wrote a public "apology" to Courtney Stodden on Twitter but Courtney was unable to see it herself since Chrissy blocked her. Chrissy can go crawl back into her box of shame.
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Elite Member

Apparently she went after designer Michael Costello too about a supposed racial incident. When he tried to clear it up, because it was a misunderstanding, she wouldn't listen to him and told him to kill himself. She is horrid.
    crayzeehappee and DawnM74 like this.

Does she tell everyone to kill themselves? It seems odd that that is ones go-to insult? Is her next statement going to be that it was that she was feeling suicidal?

Designer Michael Costello is latest to accuse Chrissy Teigen of bullying

By BRANDON SAPIENZA
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    JUN 14, 2021 AT 10:53 PM

The Chrissy Teigen bullying saga continues.Just five hours after Teigen published a lengthy apology on Medium, responding to bullying accusations levied against her by Courtney Stodden and others, designer Michael Costello came forward in an Instagram post accusing the model of bullying him to the point where it left him feeling suicidal.

“For the past seven years, I’ve lived with a deep, unhealed trauma,” said Costello, who stars in “Project Runway.”

Costello, 38, went on to say that in 2014, Teigen “apparently formed her own opinion of me based on a Photoshopped comment floating around the internet which has now been proven to be false by Instagram and since taken down.”

Michael Costello claims that Chrissy Teigen’s bullying left him with suicidal thoughts. (Getty Images)

The comment in question was altered to make it appear as if Costello had used a racial slur.

Costello posted screenshots from the conversation between him and Teigen that shows that the cookbook author did not hold back with the insults and veiled threats.

The messages began with Costello asking Teigen if he can call her.

“No! I do not have anything to say to you,” Teigen responded. “You will get what’s coming to you.”

Costello then goes on to explain that the fake images were in fact fabricated but Teigen went on.

“Good luck with that lmao hope that story keeps your already dead career going,” she said.

After asking Teigen again to speak to him, Costello insists that the images are fake and that Teigen’s comments are only making the situation worse.

“Good! Racist people like you deserve to suffer and die,” Teigen said to Costello. “Your career is over, just watch.”

In his post, Costello also alleged that Teigen and her stylist Monica Rose had “gone out of their way to threaten people and brands that if they were in any shape or form associated with me, they would not work with any of them.”

“I didn’t see the point of living,” Costello admitted. “There was no way I can ever escape from being the target of the powerful elites in Hollywood.”

“I am not okay,” he continued. “I may never be okay, but today, I am choosing to speak my truth.”

crayzeehappee, tulip and DawnM74 like this.

she's suffering the same kind of pile on that she no doubt took part in herself. most recently over the alison roman thing.
    so while part of me is glad to see teigen get her comeuppance because i always thought she was an opportunistic attention whore, part of me is like, shit, here we go again, and we still won't learn how to get out of the stupid social media outrage news cycle. it's just the same old cycle of celebrity worship followed by mob turning on said beloved celebrity and canceling them when shit from the past turns up and reveals that they haven't always been the woke darlings people thought they were, and then the inevitable apology fetishists rating and reviewing the apology to make sure it struck all the right chords and went out to all the right people before inevitably deeming it subpar. at least this time teigen actually did horrible shit, last week twitter had its panties in a twist over ellie kemper and that débutante ball she went to when she was 19.

lather, rinse, repeat...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

it is dull, isn't it.

the cult of celebrity worship *is* what needs to be cancelled, not the actual celebrities.
    sputnik, tulip, Sarzy and 9 others like this.

It's really interesting to see some of these celebrities out on a limb like this - either because they fabricated this exotic (fake) public persona, like Hilaria Baldwin. Or cultivated an appearance of being positive and open minded (Teigen).

czb

... or that people are ridiculous enough to think that what they see on SM is how the person really is. what you see on SM is what the person chooses to present about themselves and nothing more.
    Sarzy, sputnik, fgg and 6 others like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information