Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Actor Drake Bell arrested for ‘crimes against a child’

Default Actor Drake Bell arrested for ‘crimes against a child’

Actor Drake Bell arrested for ‘crimes against a child’
    pagesix.com

Ex-Nickelodeon star Drake Bell has been charged with attempted endangerment of children, but pleaded not guilty, according to court records obtained by Page Six.
    The documents from Cuyahoga County Court in Cleveland, Ohio, show the 34-year-old actor was also indicted for “disseminating matter harmful to juveniles.”

[img]
    https://pagesix.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/06/drake-bell.jpg[/img]

On Thursday, the “Drake & Josh” star appeared in court, where his personal bond was set to $2,500 and he was ordered to submit a DNA specimen collection.
    The incident allegedly occurred on Dec. 1, 2017, but no further details were provided. In a tweet that has since been deleted from October 2017, Bell announced he was scheduled to appear at The Odeon Concert Club on the day the alleged crime took place.

A rep for the law firm that represents Bell, Friedman & Nemecek, told Page Six on Friday that they have “no comment at this time but the facts will be revealed in the courtroom.”
    A pre-trial hearing is scheduled for June 23.
    Publicists for the former child star, whose real name is Jared Drake Bell, did not immediately return our request for comment.
    Bell rose to fame in the mid-2000s with a starring role on “Drake & Josh” alongside his co-star, Josh Peck.

However, the actor has found himself in some legal trouble in recent years.
    In 2015, Bell was charged with driving under the influence. Last year, his ex-girlfriend, Melissa Lingafelt, claimed he had been verbally and physically abusive throughout their relationship.
    While Bell denied Lingafelt’s allegations at the time, he did admit to both parties calling “each other terrible names.” He alluded that perhaps she spoke out for a “misguided quest for more money or attention.”
    The actor concluded, “I cannot and will not allow these offensive and defamatory allegations to go unchallenged and I am reviewing my legal options.”
    BITTER likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I was just watching something about him on this guy's (SLO4N)website:

"I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

And SLO4N has also posted about his arrest:

Another troubled former child star...WTF?

I've never heard of this guy but his mug shot looks like one of those alt-right wannabes that wear suspenders and get punched by anti-fascists.
    Be excellent to each other.

I only know of him through the TV tabloid shows and the YouTube gossip streaming shows. He was a big star on Nickelodeon with his buddy John Peck. Like a lot of those Nick child stars, it hasn't been easy for him to make the transition to a career as an adult actor.

fgg

Drake Bell pleads guilty over incident with 15-year-old girl

Drake Bell pleaded guilty on Wednesday to charges relating to an incident involving a 15-year-old girl, the Associated Press reported.

The first charge, attempted child endangerment, is classified as a felony, while the second, disseminating matter harmful to juveniles, is a misdemeanor.

While the former Nickelodeon star’s defense attorney Ian Friedman wouldn’t comment on the case, he said “why Mr. Bell chose to enter today’s plea” would be revealed during a sentencing hearing in Cleveland on July 12.

Bell, 34, previously pleaded not guilty to the charges, which stem from his allegedly inappropriate relationship with the teen.

Prosecutors claimed the actor met the girl, who is now an adult, online. She then attended one of his concerts in Cleveland in 2017, they alleged.

Tyler Sinclair, a spokesperson for the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office, said Bell had sent the girl “inappropriate social media messages.” In doing so, Bell “violated his duty of care” and risked harm to the teen, Sinclair said.

The “Drake & Josh” alum attended Wednesday’s hearing via Zoom, but he appeared in court in person earlier this month after his arrest. At the time, he was ordered to submit a DNA specimen collection.

This isn’t Bell’s first scuffle with the law. The “Amanda Show” alum was charged with driving under the influence in 2015, and last year, his ex-girlfriend Melissa Lingafelt claimed he had been verbally and physically abusive during their relationship. Bell denied her claims.

The former child star rose to fame in 1999 when he appeared on “The Amanda Show.” He then went on to star on “Drake & Josh” from 2004 to 2007 alongside Josh Peck, with whom he buried the hatched 2017 after not being invited to his former co-star’s wedding.

https://pagesix.com/2021/06/23/drake...year-old-girl/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I only know of him because my kids watched "Drake and Josh" when they were little. Drake was the straight man, and Josh (Peck) the crazy one. I also think that Josh was like 50 pounds heavier. Miranda Cosgrove was the bratty sister.

These charges are really vague and general sounding. He pleaded guilty to a felony, though? That sounds kind of like it was pled down from something more serious.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

He’s going to plead mitigating circumstances at the sentencing - he was abused by an older man in the Hollywood system Yada yada yada….
    BITTER and Daphodil like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    He’s going to plead mitigating circumstances at the sentencing - he was abused by an older man in the Hollywood system Yada yada yada….
    Which is true...and they dispose of these young boys and girls when they age out and if they can't transition into adult roles, they turn to substances, which helps make them into perps. Vicious cycle.

Why did they need a DNA sample?
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

fgg

Drake Bell announces marriage and birth of son amid legal woes

Timing is, as they say, everything.

Drake Bell announced in one fell swoop that he has married and that he and his wife, Janet Von Schmeling, have welcomed a son — weeks after the actor pleaded guilty to crimes “against a minor.”

Bell made the announcement on Twitter (in Spanish, more on that later) on June 29, though it was understandably lost in the whole “felony” thing. E! reported the couple was photographed at Disneyland on the 28th, Bell’s first public outing since, again, the whole “felony” thing.

“In response to various rumors that are incorrect, I have been married for almost 3 years,” Bell, 34, tweeted, “and we are blessed to be the parents of a wonderful son. Thank you very much to all my fans around the world for your good wishes.”

Bell and Von Schmeling have been linked since at least 2017.

Page Six has emailed Bell’s listed contact, though it appears to just be Schmeling, who works for a PR company — Decibel Media Group — that has Bell as its sole named client on its website.

Bell has been tweeting in Spanish since November 2020, when he announced he rebranding as “Drake Campana” (which is Spanish for “bell”) and added a Mexican flag to his Twitter bio. He does have several Spanish-language songs released on Spotify — where the bulk of his streams are from Mexico — but his bio also has him listed as “CEO of Taco Bell in 2021.” (Decibel also has Taco Bell listed as one of its brand partners.)

Bell pleaded guilty June 23 to attempted child endangerment, a felony, and disseminating matter harmful to juveniles, a misdemeanor, charges relating to an incident involving a teen girl.

Prosecutors claimed he met the girl, who is now an adult, online; she then attended a concert of his in Cleveland in 2017. Tyler Sinclair, a spokesperson for the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office, said Bell had sent the girl “inappropriate social media messages.”

Attorney Ian Friedman promised that “why Mr. Bell chose to enter [a guilty] plea” would be revealed during a sentencing hearing in Cleveland on July 12.

It’s the latest in former Nickelodeon star Bell’s checkered personal life. He was charged with driving under the influence in 2015, and his ex-girlfriend Melissa Lingafelt claimed in 2020 that he had been verbally and physically abusive to her, charges he denied.

Emails to Decibel Media Group and Taco Bell were not immediately returned.

https://pagesix.com/2021/07/06/drake...-birth-of-son/

this whole story is all so strange.
    tulip, BITTER and weathered1 like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Damaged goods, this one.

I only knew him because ABC's Splash was a guilty pleasure of mine.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Bell has been tweeting in Spanish since November 2020, when he announced he rebranding as “Drake Campana” (which is Spanish for “bell”) and added a Mexican flag to his Twitter bio.”

Surprised he didn’t change his last name to baldwinditos

He probably asked that teenage girl what the English word for cucumber was and it spiraled from there.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information