Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Matthew Perry is engaged to 'the greatest woman on the face of the planet'

Default Matthew Perry is engaged to 'the greatest woman on the face of the planet'

Matthew Perry is engaged to 'the greatest woman on the face of the planet
    By Amy Woodyatt, CNN

(CNN) Matthew Perry is engaged to his girlfriend, Molly Hurwitz, the "Friends" star revealed in comments published Thursday.

"I decided to get engaged," the 51-year-old told People magazine. "Luckily, I happened to be dating the greatest woman on the face of the planet at this time."
    Earlier this month, Perry took to Twitter to tell fans that the highly anticipated "Friends" reunion will now happen in 2021"Friends reunion being rescheduled for the beginning of March. Looks like we have a busy year coming up. And that's the way I like it!" Perry, who starred as Chandler Bing in the hit series, wrote.
    With a wedding in the cards, it looks like Perry's year is going to be even busier.
    "Friends" fans have been waiting patiently for the special, which has been delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The actor's co-star, David Schwimmer, had said in July that they were hoping to begin filming, but told Jimmy Fallon that they had to "wait until it's safe."
    "Friends" co-creator Marta Kauffman said they want a live audience for the special.
    "This is a show that is not scripted, but this is the way the show works," Kauffman told Entertainment Tonight when the reunion was first delayed last spring. "We are going to need a live audience. Even if we socially distance that live audience, it really is a huge part of what 'Friends' is. We cannot do it without them. "

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/27/e...cli/index.html

rollo and KrisNine like this.

His face looks horrendous wtf happened there? I hate Friends with a burning passion but I was hoping he was less of a depressive oxy fiend these days... this seems like a lateral move at best.
    Lofty Bike, DawnM74 and Mrs Fawlty like this.

"I decided to get engaged," the 51-year-old told People magazine. "Luckily, I happened to be dating the greatest woman on the face of the planet at this time."

How lucky he is, imagine he was dating a raging asshole when he made that decision.

That anouncement sounds wrong from the start.

^ I know. That line is just weird. Maybe he feels his biological clock is ticking? Maybe he feels it's time to have kids? Men also freak out when they reach a certain age and they're not married and don't have kids. And some people just marry whoever they are with at the time when it gets to that time.
    Lofty Bike and crayzeehappee like this.

Elite Member

He looks like he had some work done.

I feel for Matthew. He's had such a struggle with addiction. During Friends, you could always tell where he was in his struggle based on how he looked that season.

Hope this is a good thing for both of them.
    rollo and holly like this.

^ I had always thought he had a weight problem not a drug problem.
    DawnM74 and tulip like this.

I thought he was addicted to pain killers after an injury and also suffered from alcoholism. He used to be seen at AA meetings.

Perry completed a 28-day program in 1997 for a Vicodin addiction. His weight fluctuated drastically over the next few years and once dropped down to 145 pounds (66 kg). ... He again entered rehab in February 2001 for addiction to Vicodin, methadone, amphetamines, and alcohol.
    (google)
    DawnM74 and tulip like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Wait, I thought they broke up a while back? Or maybe I am hallucinating.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

So he's 51 and never had a girlfriend before?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Aw, I wish them both well. He was obviously struggling on his own.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

fgg

Matthew Perry ends engagement amid troubles over ‘Friends’ reunion, being ‘creepy’ on dating app

Perry also is known to be ‘unlucky in love,’ having had a string of romances with Julia Roberts, Lizzy Caplan and other actresses that didn’t last

Instead of riding high from participating in his widely acclaimed reunion with his “Friends” co-stars, Matthew Perry has been fending off several personal controversies, and now his engagement to his literary agent fiancée, Molly Hurwitz, has ended.

“Sometimes things just don’t work out and this is one of them,” the 51-year-old actor told People in a statement on Wednesday. “I wish Molly the best.”

While Perry tried to sound sanguine about the breakup, the news that his relationship was ending will no doubt add to concerns among “Friends” fans about his health and well-being. Perry, who has well-documented history of addiction to painkillers and alcohol, already sparked worries last week because he appeared to slur his speech during the “Friends: The Reunion” special.

Perry also has a well-documented history of being “unlucky” in love, with a string of failed relationships with actresses that include Julia Roberts, Yasmine Bleeth, Heather Graham, Lauren Graham and Lizzy Caplan, The Sun reported.

There was hope that Perry was finally going to settle down with Hurwitz, 29. After Perry proposed to Hurwitz in November, he told People: “Luckily, I happened to be dating the greatest woman on the face of the planet at this time.”

An insider also told Us Weekly that his friends hoped he would go “the distance with Hurwitz.”

“His inner circle have wanted to see him settle down for a long time, especially Courteney Cox,” the insider said. While Hurwitz had previously dated men in the entertainment industry, she also was said to prefer quiet nights at home, watching movies and eating home-cooked meals rather than going out to parties and premieres.

“She brought him to a place where he’s positive and confident,” the insider said. “Nobody can remember seeing him this happy. He’s got a spring in his step that wasn’t there before.”

But there also were reported signs of trouble in the relationship. He and Hurwitz, who began dating in 2018, briefly broke up last spring.

That’s apparently when Perry went looking for dates on the exclusive dating app, Raya. Unfortunately for Perry, a woman he connected with on Raya chose to go public last month with his attempts to get to know her, even after she told him she was only 19.

Kate Haralson, a Los Angeles-based personal assistant posted to TikTok a private FaceTime call she said she had with Perry back in May. She said her purpose in sharing the call, in violation of Raya’s strict privacy guidelines for members, was to reveal how older men in Hollywood men are “taking advantage” of young women on dating apps.

During the FaceTime chat, Haralson said Perry, then 50, laughingly asked her, “Am I as old as your dad?” He also suggested they get to know each other by playing a version of “20 Questions.”

While Haralson said none of Perry’s questions were sexual, she said she felt uncomfortable, especially because she said she was upfront about the fact that she was only 19.

“I feel like a lot of guys in Hollywood are talking to all these young girls, and it’s something that I think a lot of people should be aware of,” she told Page Six.

Haralson’s revelations helped spark a Twitter debate about older male stars being “creepy” on dating apps, as social media personality Chrissy Teigen said at the time. But Haralson and a woman who outed Ben Affleck’s Raya adventures also faced backlash for releasing private messages.

More concerns about Perry reared last week when he appeared to slur his speech during the “Friends: The Reunion” special. Sources close to Perry rushed to defend the star, telling The Sun he was still sober and attributed the slurred speech to “emergency dental work” that left him in pain during the two-day reunion shoot in April.

Both the director and executive producer of the reunion special also spoke up for Perry in an interview with the Hollywood Reporter. Producer Kevin Bright said that Perry seemed “OK” and “stronger and better since the last time I saw him.” Director Ben Winston added Perry was “great” and his usually “brilliantly funny” self. Winston added that “people can sometimes just be unkind” in spreading rumors and speculation.

“Friends” fans also were concerned that Perry had abruptly quit Cameo, a video-sharing website that allows celebrities to send personalized messages to fans, the AV Club reported. Perry was apparently charging $999 to record a 20-second video to fans, but paused his account in December.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/...on-dating-app/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

“I feel like a lot of guys in Hollywood are talking to all these young girls, and it’s something that I think a lot of people should be aware of,” she told Page Six.
    "You could have knocked me over with a feather!" an utterly shocked Woody Allen was heard to exclaim about this news. "I'm glad my hero Charlie Chaplin isn't alive to see this!"

WTF is a 19 year old doing on Raya?
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Soon, he'll find another old-soul-in-a-19-years-old-body girlfriend.

^ If he lives that long.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information