Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Shocking Val Kilmer interview

Default Shocking Val Kilmer interview

OMG, I'm really, really shocked and saddened after stumbling upon this very recent Val Kilmer interview.

He claims he's in great health now and feels a lot better than he sounds.......
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Whoa!

I knew someone who had throat cancer, they removed the voicebox and he had a hole in his neck that he covered up with scarves. Would have to cover up the hole with his finger to talk. I don't quite know why but it wasn't something you wanted to ask. And he sounded just like Kilmer.
    Novice likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Val Kilner had a tracheotomy. Given he's a/was a Christian scientist its massive.

Val Kilmer feeling better after tracheotomy: ‘You have to figure out a way to communicate'
    Updated Aug 06, 2020; Posted Aug 06, 2020

Val Kilmer compares acting after throat cancer changed his voice to learning a new language, according to a story on CNN.

“It’s just like any other language or dialect,” he said during an interview Monday on “Good Morning America.”

“You have to figure out a way to communicate that’s no different than any other acting challenge, but it’s just a very unique set of circumstances.”

After a 2-year battle with throat cancer, the esteemed actor underwent a tracheotomy this year that completely altered his voice and can sometimes make communicating challenging.

But Kilmer's not going to let it hold him back. "I'm doing great, I feel a lot better than I sound," he said during the interview.

Kilmer has a role in the recently delayed “Top Gun” sequel titled “Top Gun: Maverick,” with an all-star cast that includes Tom Cruise, Jennifer Connelly, Miles Teller, Jon Hamm and Ed Harris. But theater-goers will have to wait until its release on July 2, 2021.

The role of a lifetime may possibly be in his forthcoming film. “Paydirt” has Kilmer co-starring with his 28-year-old daughter, Mercedes, who plays his daughter in the movie. The crime-thriller has Kilmer in the role of a retired sheriff and is expected to be released this month.

She told GMA, “I’m so proud to have been in this film and to have worked on this film like not just because my dad is my actual dad, but because I know you don’t really lead with this, but you do have now a disability with your voice, and it really meant a lot to me to be able to be involved in this film that centers a disabled actor, or an actor with a disability,” she said.

Val Kilmer went public with his throat cancer diagnosis in 2017 after initially denying reports he was ill in early 2015. In April of this year, he released his memoir, “I’m Your Huckleberry” -- a famous line of his from the 1993 film “Tombstone.” In the movie, he portrays Doc Holiday and the phrase, according to many, means “I’m your man.”

The book traces his career, including memorable roles of Kilmer’s, from playing legendary singer Jim Morrison in the big screen biopic “The Doors,” to his roles in “Top Gun,” “Heat,” “Batman Forever” and “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.”

https://www.pennlive.com/entertainme...mmunicate.html
    Trixie, Honeythorn and sccrab like this.

Elite Member

I couldn't watch it. How sad.
    HWBL, Sarzy, crayzeehappee and 3 others like this.

The one positive thing to me in the clip is that he seems to have a very close relationship with his daughter - I love that. His effort to speak seems VERY labored, though. His mannerisms, look, and voice, sound a lot like Brando's in "The Godfather". I'm not trying to be funny - that similarity just hits me over and over again....
    tulip, Lalasnake, Angeli and 2 others like this.

He must have been dubbed in the movie. He's barely understandable in the interview.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I was reminded of Brando too but he's worse. I still think he was great in The Doors movie even though not everyone thought so.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

This is so sad I couldn't watch the interview. My dad lost his voice box due to cancer and it broke my heart because he was one of those people that would talk to anyone. He had the gift of gab. He hated the way he sounded using this hand held device so he kinda learned a form of sign language.
    HWBL, Novice, Trixie and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    He must have been dubbed in the movie. He's barely understandable in the interview.
    I read recently that his voice was dubbed for the movie.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Quote Originally Posted by Slackerbrat View Post
    This is so sad I couldn't watch the interview. My dad lost his voice box due to cancer and it broke my heart because he was one of those people that would talk to anyone. He had the gift of gab. He hated the way he sounded using this hand held device so he kinda learned a form of sign language.
    Yes. Same with the person I knew. This was more than just a tracheotomy. The hole in the throat was permanent. He also was a very sociable person who loved to talk and had a nice deep voice. It was sad to see that taken away from him.
    Slackerbrat and Lalasnake like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I can only find this from Google. I guess the original article has been scrubbed or is from Quora.

At age eight, Kilmer started secretly smoking his uncle's Pall Mall cigarettes in his tree house – a habit he deeply regrets. Kilmer escaped the dreaded San Fernando Valley for New York City – where Marlon Brando, 'the north star of my theatrical fantasies', had studied 33 years earlier.
    21 Apr 2020
    Lalasnake likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Awe, Iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I knew someone who had throat cancer, they removed the voicebox and he had a hole in his neck that he covered up with scarves. Would have to cover up the hole with his finger to talk. I don't quite know why but it wasn't something you wanted to ask. And he sounded just like Kilmer.
    One of my law professors had a tracheotomy. Still lectured. You have to press something (not entirely sure what) on your trach spot to be able to speak.

\its a fukin disability... big deal ! I'm not sad. Im jubilant for him ! He fuckin survived cancer !!
    Okay, so he sounds different
    Okay, he has to struggle a bit more so than a person who hasn't gone through what he has gone through.

people who go all " this is so sad" when it comes to any kind of disability pisses me right the fuk off
    Know what is sad?
    Living in a world where people cant handle people with disabilities

rant over

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information