Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Kelly Osbourne uses her sobriety to stay relevant in 2020

Default Kelly Osbourne uses her sobriety to stay relevant in 2020

Kelly Osbourne moving forward with sobriety in 2020

By Chloe Melas, CNN
    Updated 1508 GMT (2308 HKT) January 2, 2020

CNN)Kelly Osbourne is going to start putting herself first.

The daughter of rocker Ozzy Osbourne took to social media to reflect on 2019 and how she plans to handle the next 365 days a bit differently.
    "2019 has been one hell of a year," Kelly Osbourne, 35, began her caption. "In many ways it has been amazing especially in terms of self-growth. In many ways it has been gut-wrenchingly difficult. However through all the good and bad it has been incredibly educational for me."

Osbourne, who last year celebrated two years of sobriety, said that as much as she wants to help others, she needs to practice self-love.
    "I have come to the realization that I constantly put the needs of others before my own," she went on. "I allow myself to be put in situations that make me feel uncomfortable for fear of upsetting someone else. Not forgetting the amount of times I co-sign the bulls**t of others."
    "With almost 2 1/2 years of sobriety under my belt I still struggle with confrontation (which was NEVER a problem when I was using) Well this all STOPS today," she added. "It's time to put myself first, stop taking on other peoples s**t and be the bada** sober women I was born to be."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/02/e...rnd/index.html

lindsaywhit likes this.

Well bless her heart. I'm always struck by the many selfless celebrities who dismiss their own needs to focus on others. I believe Leann Rimes has had a "Putting yourself first" support group for a number of years. Kelly would have to start her own group, of course, since Leann, in support of herself, can be the only member of her own group.

Sylkyn, Novice, Trixie and 11 others like this.

Silver Member

She's 35, she's gotten every job from being Ozzy and Sharon's daughter, she has absolutely no talent at one point she has do something else with her life. Her brother Jack at least is a volunteer firefighter or police reserve and admits he has to put together projects in order to get work. One of the ones he did was Ozzy and Jack's World detour was actually good, but again he is riding daddy's coat tails.
    BITTER, rollo and DawnM74 like this.

Gold Member

If someone had told me back in the early to mid 80s that Ozzy Osbourne's family would get more headlines than him - without ever doing anything - I would have been gobsmacked.
    This is a strange world we live in and can you imagine the types of celebs we will have 20 years from now?
    What will someone have to do to get anyone's attention?
    DawnM74 likes this.

The only person we should even know about from this family is Ozzy.

Mayyyybe Sharon. But ALL these fuckers have made their careers off Ozzy.

Except for maybe Aimee Osbourne.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

Kelly Osbourne explains how and why she relapsed after nearly 4 years

Kelly Osbourne admitted in a new interview about her recent relapse that she has a tendency to mess things up for herself when she’s doing well.

“I don’t know why my nervous breakdown happened at the end of the lockdown. I made it all the way through, everything was great and my life was perfect,” she told “Extra” on Tuesday. “I’m that girl that when everything is going great I need to f–k it up a little and make everything a little bit worse in my life.”

The TV host, 36, explained that she broke nearly four years of sobriety because she thought she could start drinking casually again.

“I am an addict and had thought that I had enough time under my belt and I could drink like a normal person, and it turns out I cannot and I will never be normal,” she said. “I don’t know why I even tried it. It’s not for me, and it took me a matter of days and I was like done, not doing this.”

Eventually, the daughter of Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne realized that going back to alcohol was a mistake even though she thought she had her ducks in a row.

“I got all of my career goals happening… and then I got happy ’cause I got this incredible boyfriend [Erik Bragg] and everything in my life is so great and I’m like, I’m not an addict anymore… On top of that pandemic fever, it all just got too much,” she said.

Kelly said she wanted to share her relapse with the public to let other people who are also battling addiction know that they are not alone.

“This is something I am going to battle for the rest of my life. It’s never going to be easy,” she said. “Through being accountable and owning your own journey and sharing what you can go though, you can help other people. That’s why I came clean. I could have sat here and nobody would know.”

The “Fashion Police” alum shared last week that she had fallen off the wagon, acknowledging that while she wasn’t “proud” of herself, she was already focused on getting sober again.

“This is a little hard for me to talk about, but I’ve always promised you that I will always be honest with you about where I’m at and what’s going on in my road to recovery,” she said on her Instagram Story. “I relapsed. Not proud of it. But I am back on track.”

During her interview on Tuesday, Kelly also touched on her recent 90-pound weight loss, saying that she was able to get there by proactively working on herself.

“Everyone was so, like, caught up in how, how I look. They never asked me how I felt,” she said. “And the truth is I was so f–king happy and I felt amazing.”

She added, “I did it for me. I did it because I wanted to live. What I saw in the mirror… I wanted the body to match the mind, because I spent so much time working on my mind and then I spent a year working on my body and now it’s about the soul.”

Kelly has long been open about her struggles with addiction and revealed that she decided to get sober in 2017.

Meanwhile, her brother, Jack Osbourne, announced that he was 18 years sober last week.

https://pagesix.com/2021/04/28/kelly...d-in-sobriety/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

She relapsed because it’s insidious and you can never let your guard down when you are an addict.

Good for her about her wl surgery & losing the weight she needed to loose.
    czb likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I have a bit of a soft spot for her. She's annoying and I really disliked her during the reality show with her family, but at the same time I feel like she never stood a chance with those parents. I can only imagine how hard it is to stay sober, both her and her brother did good. A relapse is not the end of the world, admitting to it and doing the right thing to get back on track is great.
    lindsaywhit, holly and Novice like this.
    -

Photo from the article:

czb

she should change the text on her shirt to TRYHARD.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Photo from the article:

She's very pretty in that pic. I've always thought she has a perfect nose. The rest of her looks/body was obviously far from perfect. I do have a soft spot for her ever since this:
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

czb

meh. even a broken clock is right twice a day.

christina is annoying but at least she has a skill. even if it is over-singing.
    crayzeehappee likes this.

^Sure Aguilera has a strong voice. Too bad she uses it to impersonate a goat getting strangled.
    weathered1 and kasippu like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    She's very pretty in that pic. I've always thought she has a perfect nose. The rest of her looks/body was obviously far from perfect.
    It's such a dramatic difference that I feel as if I never really knew her.

Silver Member

At least she was honest this time about the gastric surgery, I think this is the second time she's had it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information