Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Ryan Adams scares fans after drug abuse and Mandy Moore wedding tweets

fgg

Default Ryan Adams scares fans after drug abuse and Mandy Moore wedding tweets

Ryan Adams apologized after tweeting that he was too high on pills to remember marrying ex-wife Mandy Moore.

It began when Moore, 34, reflected on her failed marriage, as well as her parents’ divorce, in Glamour’s November cover story.

“I couldn’t control what happened to my immediate family, but I could control starting my own,” Moore told the magazine. “Not the smartest decision. I didn’t choose the right person.”

She added that she felt “spiritually and fundamentally stuck” in her marriage to Adams, 43, and that her career and friendships each took a hit until her after divorce.

“I don’t feel guilty for it. I don’t fault myself for it. When people said, ‘I’m sorry,’ I was like, ‘No. Sorry would have been had I stayed in a very unhealthy situation,’ ” she recalled. “I didn’t. I found my way out. And when I did, things opened back up again.”

Adams, who married the “This Is Us” actress in 2009, then tweeted a Perez Hilton report on the interview on Wednesday — and claimed he was on so many drugs that he didn’t even know he’d tied the knot.

“She didn’t like the Melvins or Bladerunner,” Adams wrote. “Doomed from the start… if only I could remember the start lol.”

He added in a since-deleted tweet (via People), “When someone told me we got married I thought they were joking. Then I realized how many painkillers I was taking. Honestly there weren’t enough to numb the shock. Gollygooops.”

Adams then called his ex-wife the “spiritual equivalent of a soggy piece of cardboard,” adding, “But it rains on net-a-porter everyday when you’re trapped inside yourself. Take the money, I’ll take my pride any day.”

When a fan later claimed that Adams likely wrote “75 percent of his love songs about” Moore, he replied, “There’s not actually a single song about her. Like not one. Fact.”

It was Adams’ subsequent tweets that made fans and followers really nervous.

In one, he wrote, “You can only get so low before you quit. I can’t see the waterline lately. This sucks.”

“I want to fall off the edge of the earth into space,” he tweeted Thursday.

In another, he wrote that he was “in pain” and “crumbling.”

After concerned fans reached out the singer, he revealed he was speaking with a grief and crisis counselor, apologizing for causing any panic and explaining he suffers from depression and anxiety.

He also offered a mea culpa for disparaging his marriage.

“I apologize for my remarks,” he tweeted. “I was trying to be funny. But I have and will always choose to remember the amazing moments. It isn’t classy or ok lessen what was. I am happy for everyone and doing my best.”

For her part, Moore, who’s engaged to Dawes singer and guitarist Taylor Goldsmith, seems unbothered and hasn’t commented — on Twitter or elsewhere — about Adams’ disses.

https://pagesix.com/2018/10/12/ryan-...g-mandy-moore/

what a douche!
    ViralDoozy likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Really. Way to underscore how she made the right choice. Ass.

Yep. He proved her point for sure.
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

She didn't like Blade Runner???? I'm team Ryan here. Also there's something unlikeable about her. In This Is Us I constantly want to punch her in the face even when she's supposed to be sympathetic. I've only seen 4 episodes or so, don't know if it gets better.

of course she's bland and has shitty taste in movies, she's mandy fucking moore. what was he expecting?
    i'm team nobody. she married him to try to be more interesting and shed her basic bitch/teen pop star image (ignoring how fucked up he was) and he married her because she's gorgeous (ignoring how devastatingly bland and basic she is). at least they split before having kids.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

What a whiny bitter jackass. He acts like she took him for a fuckload of money, which is hilarious considering she's probably worth considerably more.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Wait, she's engaged to the guy from Dawes? She's got an indie rock fetish.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Gold Member

I always thought they were such a strange pair together.

Also, the only thing I know about Ryan Adams is that I keep confusing him with Bryan Adams so... there's that.

I had to Google him. Ewww. Maybe he ought to marry Taylor Swift next.

I had to google him too. Yuck.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I had to Google him. Ewww. Maybe he ought to marry Taylor Swift next.
    He's the wrong gender for that.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I like quite a bit of Ryan's music. He's always been a colossal douche, but his music isn't bad. He's just your run of the mill music asshole.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I don't know of him and he certainly seems like a douche, but calling Mandy Moore "the spiritual equivalent of a soggy piece of cardboard" is amazing

Bitter much? He's just jealous because Mandy's career is on the upswing, and his...isn't.
    fgg, crayzeehappee, Mrs P and 2 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

He's not a cool as he thinks he is.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information