Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Charlize Theron says having two kids lessened her anxiety

Default Charlize Theron says having two kids lessened her anxiety

“My kids are for more glitter,” Charlize, 41, told host Ellen DeGeneres. “There is way too much of it in the house. I don’t buy it, but it’s on those costume dresses. A lot of times I’m walking through my house thinking I’m going senile, because I have a little OCD thing. I’m like, ‘Where is this glitter coming from?’ And It’s those princess dresses.”

Since first becoming a mom in 2012, “I’ve gotten a little bit better,” Charlize continued. “My kids definitely help me be less anxious about a lot of that stuff. There are certain rooms that I let go and I’ve given up on, [but] they’re allowed everywhere! Really, I am very lucky to live in our house, and they are just very nice to have me there.” Realizing her kids were watching the show backstage, Charlize told Jackson and August, “You guys are very good, and I appreciate it.”
    Though she’s a single mom, Charlize said she has “an incredible village” of people who help her raise “these two beautiful kids.” As most moms would agree, it “just takes a moment” to get things in order sometimes. “In the mornings I have them alone and they kind of work against each other sometimes. It’s like one decides to freak out and then both decide to freak out. I don’t know why they’d do that,” Charlize told Ellen. “You’d think they’d stand there and be considerate and go, ‘That one’s freaking out right now; I’m not going to freak out. I’m going to be nice. I’m just going to chill out and have my mom deal with that.’ But they don’t do that.”
    Ellen joked, “You really don’t know anything about children.”

[From E! News]

Cele|bitchy | Charlize Theron says having two kids lessened her anxiety

It sounds like she spends very little time with those kids if such things are remarkable enough to speak about. If she a lot of time with them it would never occur to her since they're such normal occurrences.
    czb, Waterslide, Sarzy and 3 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

yeah, that stuck out to me, too.

at her kids' ages, morning drama is kinda normal.

In the mornings I have them alone? Try all day and night for years. Is she saying she has them alone, with no nanny? Because single moms spend most of their time alone with their kids. Lol. she really does sound clueless.
    Waterslide, czb, greysfang and 7 others like this.

I had the same reaction as you guys. And her kids give her less anxiety? That sounds so self-involved to me. I don't know anyone, no matter how old their kids are, that say they have less anxiety being a parent. How is that even possible? I guess it's possible if your "village" of helpers is doing all the heavy lifting of parenting.

I haven't seen the show, but every once in a while Ellen gets in a barb and I don't always think she's 100% kidding, so it's just making me wonder about that "you must not know much about children" remark.
    tulip, idunno and holly like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Maybe she's hitting the apple bong more frequently.
    Waterslide and Wisher2 like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Having a child gave me a whole new set of things to be anxious over.

Just wait until they're teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I had the same reaction as you guys. And her kids give her less anxiety? That sounds so self-involved to me. I don't know anyone, no matter how old their kids are, that say they have less anxiety being a parent. How is that even possible? I guess it's possible if your "village" of helpers is doing all the heavy lifting of parenting.

I haven't seen the show, but every once in a while Ellen gets in a barb and I don't always think she's 100% kidding, so it's just making me wonder about that "you must not know much about children" remark.
    I read it as she's saying that having the kids have reduced her anxiety related to OCD. She talks about the mess and the rooms she's given up on, then says the kids make her less anxious about "that stuff".
    Waterslide, idunno and Kittylady like this.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

I'm really...not keen on her. There's just something off about her to me.

Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    I read it as she's saying that having the kids have reduced her anxiety related to OCD. She talks about the mess and the rooms she's given up on, then says the kids make her less anxious about "that stuff".
    I guess that would make sense. I've always thought she's terrible at giving interviews, so maybe that is what she meant. I think she could have phrased it better, though, because it sounds kind of tone deaf to me.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

My kids definitely help me be less anxious about a lot of that stuff. There are certain rooms that I let go and I’ve given up on, [but] they’re allowed everywhere! Really, I am very lucky to live in our house, and they are just very nice to have me there.”
    Maybe it's a language barrier issue as English is not my native language, but this quote feels so strange to me.
    Why would any parent talk about "sharing a house" with their children? And is it really something of note that they can go everywhere they want in their house?
    Or have I completely misunderstood the interview?
    Waterslide likes this.

Elite Member

I thought her oldest child was a boy? Or does she have two girls?

She was a boy, it just seems she may be transgender.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    Maybe it's a language barrier issue as English is not my native language, but this quote feels so strange to me.
    Why would any parent talk about "sharing a house" with their children? And is it really something of note that they can go everywhere they want in their house?
    Or have I completely misunderstood the interview?
    I reread it a few times and it has yet to make sense to me.

There are certain rooms that I let go and I’ve given up on, [but] they’re allowed everywhere!
    That just sounds really weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I'm really...not keen on her. There's just something off about her to me.
    Same here. When they dug up that article about her having to leave South Africa because of the end of apartheid, that really started the ball rolling for me.

But at 15, she says, “everything just went wrong.” Her father, Charles, died, leaving the family’s road-construction business in the hands of her mother, Gerda. Theron had little time to grieve; with the dismantling of apartheid and the creation of new affirmative action laws, she became convinced “there was no future for a white South African.” One week after turning 16, she accepted an offer from an Italian model scout, and—with her mother’s blessing—headed for Milan. Looking back, she says, “I just ran.”
    That Thing She Does

Then she was on Chelsea Handler complaining about some gluten free cake that Chelsea had given her and she said that it was disgusting and that she tried to give it to her housekeeper, and Charlize said that "even she wouldn't eat it!" As though the help should be happy to eat any scraps she throws their way. Maybe I'm reading to much into the last thing, but I don't think so. She has some issues.
    Last edited by Waterslide; April 14th, 2017 at 01:05 PM.
    idunno, Sarzy, holly and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information