Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Uberchef Anthony Bourdain and MMA Wife Ottavia Split After 9 Years Together

Default Uberchef Anthony Bourdain and MMA Wife Ottavia Split After 9 Years Together

Wow. Everyone is breaking up...

Celeb chef Anthony Bourdain is a single man again.
    People magazine reported on Monday that the “Parts Unknown” host recently split from his wife Ottavia Busia, a mixed martial arts fighter. The pair were married in 2007 and have a 9-year-old daughter together.
    In a statement to Page Six, Basia, 38, said that she and Bourdain, 60, remain close.
    A source close to the couple told Page Six that “they’ve been separated for a while” and that “there was no one else involved.”
    So far, it seems like the couple has made good on the promise to stay close. Just last week, Busia congratulated Bourdain on his Creative Arts Emmy Award win.
    The pair met and married in quick succession: In a 2012 New York Times profile of Basia, the MMA fighter said that on one of their first dates, they got matching tattoos of a chef’s knife on their shoulders. A few dates later, they were married.
    She told the Times that the pair were equally outspoken and opinionated.
    “We make fun of each other a lot,” she said. “I say what I want. People either like it or not, but I don’t care.”

A few months back, Bourdain, who travels often to film “Parts Unknown,” called his family “completely dysfunctional” ― but in a good way.
    “I love my family but it’s not an ordinary family,” he told People in May, “If I’m not traveling, I’m pretty much doing jack s— on a Friday night. I’m going to bed when my nine-year-old decides to go to bed. If I’m home, I’m not going to the hot new restaurant, I’m not walking a red carpet, I’m cooking something that my daughter decides she wants, or staying very close to home.”
    Bourdain was previously married to Nancy Putkoski. They divorced in 2004, after two decades together.

To be honest, I never cared much for his wife - she's a smartass. To be occasionally snarky is one thing, but almost every comment out of this woman's mouth is flippant and obnoxious. That has to be draining.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Well, I'll take him.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Now this one is not shocking at all.

I agree, it's not surprising at all. Plus, I was watching something and got the weird feeling that he wasn't really together with his wife. But who knows what it was. Might have just been my imagination/delusion or possibly something he said.

I recently binged Parts Unknown and forgot how much I love him.
    BITTER and Wisher2 like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Well, I'll take him.
    Maybe after I'm done with him.
    BITTER, Waterslide and Wisher2 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

He's always beeb a bad boy who's made no excuses. I like him too. His books are a riot.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Maybe after I'm done with him.
    I'll fight ya for him! But come to think of it, I am not even picky who gets him first.
    sputnik and Wisher2 like this.

To the above - was he appealing to you 10 - 15 years ago too? Is his age now part of the appeal or is "him"?

Yep, he has been appealing to me since I learned of his existence, which was when he was still on Food Network. So that seems like about ten years? The combination of his love of food and sarcasm and calling people out makes me weak in the knees...

Gotcha. It's a him thing, regardless of age.
    sputnik and Waterslide like this.

I like him - he kind of reminds me of Elliot Gould. I looked up Ottavia Busia, and it seems like it would be inaccurate to describe her as an MMA fighter. She was some kind of restaurant manager when she met Bourdain. And didn't get into MMA until she gave birth to their daughter and wanted to lose some weight.
    Waterslide and panic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    To the above - was he appealing to you 10 - 15 years ago too? Is his age now part of the appeal or is "him"?
    He's smart, funny and rude. Just my type. And I don't mind old.
    Waterslide and Wisher2 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I knew Sput was on this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

You know, to be perfectly honest, I don't even think of Anthony as old or even that much older. The age difference doesn't even register with me until it's brought up. I think he also reads as younger than 60, but again I don't think it would matter much to me.
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Yep, he has been appealing to me since I learned of his existence, which was when he was still on Food Network. So that seems like about ten years? The combination of his love of food and sarcasm and calling people out makes me weak in the knees...
    This. And he is sexy as hell too.
    sputnik, Waterslide and Wisher2 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information