Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' star Nicholas Brendon, arrested (tried to strangle his GF)

Elite Member

Default 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' star Nicholas Brendon, arrested (tried to strangle his GF)

Nicholas Brendon arrested... again, 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' alum allegedly choked girlfriend

Nicholas Brendon arrested... again, 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' alum allegedly choked girlfriend | Story | Wonderwall

Wonderwall, Thursday, October 1, 2015, 2:06pm (PDT) By Jessica Wedemeyer

Nicholas Brendon is in trouble with the law … again! According to Radar Online, the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alum was arrested in Saratoga Springs, New York, on Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2015.

Police were called after the troubled actor allegedly choked his girlfriend, an unidentified 33-year-old woman. He also apparently stole her car keys, tossed her cell phone into the street and threw a chair against the wall during the altercation at the Springs Motel near downtown Saratoga Springs.

"There was alcohol involved, although I can't specify how," a police spokesperson told Radar.

Brendon was reportedly charged with felony third-degree robbery, two counts of criminal mischief and one count of obstruction of breathing.

Photo: Splash News

The erstwhile Xander Harris was arraigned in Saratoga Springs City Court on Thursday morning and held in lieu of $10,000 cash or $20,000 bond, reports Radar. He's due back in court on Oct. 6.

Sadly, the arrest was not Brendon's first dustup with local police during his time in Saratoga Springs. A police spokesperson told Radar that the actor also suffered two separate unspecified mental health incidents on Sept. 22 and Sept. 23.

Though he avoided arrest or citation during the first two episodes, the "Buffy" star was allegedly hospitalized on Sept. 23.

"He didn't have any physical injuries, but he was in need of care," a police spokesperson told Radar. "Let's just say he was having a really bad day."

The Sept. 30 arrest is the latest in a string of run-ins with the law for the trouble-prone actor, who has long struggled with drug and alcohol issues and spent time in rehab as recently as July 2015.

He's already been arrested three times in the past year: first in Boise, Idaho, in October 2014, then in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., in February 2015, and again in Tallahassee, Fla., in March 2015.

Brendon was also Tasered, arrested and charged with felony vandalism after a drunken incident in Venice, Calif., in early 2010.

Most recently, he made headlines for walking off set in the midst of an August 2015 interview with Dr. Phil.

"When I was in that seat, I felt that Dr. Phil went for the jugular, talking about some of my recent mistakes, with no build up," Brendon explained on Facebook. "I felt that he wanted me to lay the darkest parts of myself on national TV right from the start, and I'm not willing to do that."

"My illnesses and addictions are a daily struggle for me, and I am committed to working on them for the rest of my life," he added. "A big part of that is focusing on positivity. I'm the first to admit I've messed up, a lot, and I've hurt people I care about and who care about me."

Damn Xander has some serious issues.
    fgg, joebob, Lalasnake and 2 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

And to think I used to fancy him
    C_is_for_Cookie and Sassiness like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Couldn't stand him on the show. Spike girl all the way.
    Kittylady, misrule, czb and 1 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Unfortunately, his story will probably end with an overdose or a suicide. He is just one of those people that's so in denial and so destructive it's hard to imagine it'll go any other way. He's just surrounded by enablers. He blows off any help. Makes excuses. Just this week he said on twitter "don't forget I was sexually abused as a kid." That's his go-to thing to redirect any criticism. And that's a horrible thing, yes, but at some point, especially the point where you're harming others, you gotta move beyond that.

The one thing that would probably be a wake-up call would be for the cons to stop booking him. He basically travels from con to con getting wasted, trashing hotels, etc. If that source of income dried up, maybe that would make him finally enter treatment??
    Sassiness likes this.

Is this the same guy that likes very young girls?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Nicholas Brendon has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charge of criminal mischief

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/nicholas-brendon-has-pleaded-guilty-to-misdemeanor-charge-of-criminal-mischief/ar-AAg4hw2?li=AAavLaF&ocid=

Wonderwall
    Meg Swertlow 8 hrs ago

(© /Splash News) Nicholas Brendon has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charge of criminal mischief

Troubled actor Nicholas Brendon has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of criminal mischief on Dec. 4.

The actor, who is best known for his role of wise-cracking Xander on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," was accused of choking his girlfriend during a fight in their hotel room in Saratoga Springs, New York, reports The Albany Times Union.

According to authorities, the 44-year-old actor grabbed his girlfriend by the throat, took her keys and threw her phone during a dispute on Sept. 30.

Prosecutors say that the “Criminal Minds” actor, who has been arrested six times, will not serve jail time if he can complete drug and alcohol counseling and can stay out of trouble for one year.

District Attorney Karen Heggen said, “Based upon our review of the facts and circumstances of this case, and after speaking with the victim, we believe justice was served.”

Brendon’s attorney Peter Coseo told the paper that his client was working to “get his life back together.”

In October, Brendon posted a Facebook message informing fans that he had been struggling with depression for years and had attempted suicide multiple times.

On Oct. 17, Brendon wrote, "It's been bad for me the last three years and I've had failed attempts at suicide. … I really just want to live and love and be filled with Joy."

We hope he can turn his life around.

Oh Xander *sadly shakes head*
    VeraGemini likes this.

He was on Doktor Phil again last week. He seemed contrite and ready to get help. He talked about not remembering a lot of stuff he did. He would mix sleeping pills with booze. He was desperately depressed. I hope rehab is successful. Otherwise we'll probably being seeing his death notice soon.

C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Elite Member

Rinse repeat.
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer Actor Nicholas Brendon Arrested

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Actor Nicholas Brendon Arrested for Alleged 'Violent' Attack on Girlfriend

Nicholas Brendon the actor who played Xander Harris in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, is facing charges after allegedly attacking his girlfriend in a California hotel room. Brendon, 46, was arrested on Oct. 11 and charged with violating a protective order and felony inflicting injury on a spouse or cohabitant, jail records show. He was released the next day after being held on $50,000 bail, KMIR-TV reports.

Police said Brendon allegedly pulled his girlfriend’s hair and yanked her arm at around 9 p.m. at the Saguaro hotel in Palm Springs, The Desert Sun reports.
    “He was with his girlfriend and they got into an argument,” Palm Springs Police Sgt. William Hutchinson told KESQ-TV. “During the argument at the bar, he pulled her arm and then violently pulled her by her hair.”

The girlfriend allegedly has active protective orders against Brendon in Florida and New York, police told the newspaper. He was allowed to be around his girlfriend, but could not harass, injure, assault or threaten her, authorities said.
    Police did not immediately respond to a request for comment from PEOPLE. Brendon’s rep was not immediately available for comment.

This isn’t Brendon’s first run-in with the law.
    In 2015, the Criminal Minds actor pleaded guilty to criminal mischief in New York after he allegedly grabbed his girlfriend by the throat, stole her car keys and smashed her cell phone.

Brendon was arrested four times that year and entered rehab that June for substance abuse, depression and alcoholism. In October 2015, he checked in to another treatment center for depression.
    He opened up about his struggles in a 2015 interview with Dr. Phil in which he revealed details of a failed suicide attempt and molestation he endured at the hands of a teacher

“Maybe I’m just done,” he said of entering rehab. “Maybe I’m ready to be happy now.”

"There was alcohol involved, although I can't specify how," a police spokesperson told Radar.
    Well probably someone drank it. Alcohol rarely gets up to no good on its own.
    mostroop, BITTER, idunno and 15 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elite Member

I really don't see this ending well for him.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

This is the same girlfriend? And I've never heard of a protective order for a couple that is still together. In two states? That's like my kids getting into a fight and me telling them to go back and play and be nice. It never works, I'm just waiting for them to grow out of it and hope they don't kill each other. It doesn't look like this guy is going to change.
    Trixie likes this.

Alcohol doesn't beat up people. People do.

This guy has been to multiple rehabs maybe he should stay in one permanently.
    Kittylady and Sassiness like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information