• 9 Post By Beeyotch
  • 3 Post By sputnik
  • 1 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 3 Post By Chilly Willy
  • 1 Post By McJag

Thread: Rihanna kicked out of mosque in Abu Dhabi

Default Rihanna kicked out of mosque in Abu Dhabi

Rihanna kicked out of famed Abu Dhabi mosque over racy photos

The 'Diamonds' singer shocks visitors to Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque after posing for pics that didn't mesh with 'sanctity' of religious site.

Comments (49)BY ETHAN SACKS / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

MONDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2013, 11:57 AM

Print

AP PHOTO/VIA INSTAGRAM

Rihanna poses for a photo in front of Abu Dhabi's Grand Mosque in the United Arab Emirates over the weekend.

Rihanna brought a little more instability to the Middle East.
    The “Diamonds” singer was booted from the famed Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi over the weekend after posing for some photos that were racy by the standards of the holy site.
    AP PHOTO/VIA INSTAGRAM

Overseers of Abu Dhabi's Grand Mosque say they asked Rihanna to leave the compound after she posed for photographs considered too racy for the holy site.

Though she covered up by her standards in a head-to-toe black form-fitting outfit, complete with a hijab headcovering, the 25-year-old pop star clearly didn’t get the memo on the spirit of Islamic law. In photos that were posted on her Instagram site, Rihanna could be seen posing in several provocative poses with lips pancaked in ruby red lipstick a no-no for a society that stresses covering up women’s sexuality.
    RELATED: RIHANNA TWEETS LEAD TO ARREST OVER ILLEGAL SEX SHOW

AP PHOTO/VIA INSTAGRAM

Rihanna was in the city for a concert on Saturday.

"She left without entering the mosque, after being asked to do so, due to the fact that she had taken some pictures that do not conform with the conditions and regulations put in place by the Centre’s management to regulate visits in a way that takes the status and sanctity of the mosque into consideration,” a representative for the mosque told local media outlets in a statement.
    Not everyone was starstruck by the celebrity visitor.
    JASPER JUINEN/GETTY IMAGES

The Sheikh Zayed Mosque, named after Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, is the biggest mosque in the United Arab Emirates.

“Rihanna pics at Sheikh Zayed mosque are disrespectful to the place of worship,” said one irate tweeter flagged by Al Arabiya.
    PHOTOS: RIHANNA'S NAUGHTIEST MOMENTS
    STR/EPA

Rihanna performs during her concert in the Gulf emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

The mosque spokesperson added that “the singer” came for a private tour to the mosque at a gate that is not meant for visitors without identifying herself or coordinating the visit in advance.
    The mammoth Sheikh Zayed Mosque is the largest religious center in the United Arab Emirates. Named after the late ruler of the country, it’s become one of the highest-profile mosques in the region since it opened in 2007.
    Rihanna covered up for her concert in the United Arab Emirates' capital Saturday night a Bedouin inspired look she dubbed “Empress RiRi.”

Read more: Rihanna kicked out of famed Abu Dhabi mosque over racy photos - NY Daily News

Rihanna kicked out of famed Abu Dhabi mosque over racy photos - NY Daily News

Is it too much to hope for a fatwa? I'd be totally behind it in her case.

Like why? I wouldn't go to a convent wearing the skimpiest clothes ever. Like why??

This post has not been proofread

I am so torn here. On one hand, fuck those woman-hating islamic extremist states, it's just lipstick and she wasn't humping anything. But I really, REALLY don't want to defend this dumbfuck Rihanna.
    badgers!, frockhorror, Syd and 6 others like this.

^^^
    i hate her too and yes, the pics are stupid and culturally insensitive but you know what? they're also pretty fucking awesome. well, the 1st and 3rd. the 2nd one's crap.
    but now that they're safely posted to instagram, they can go ahead with the beheading.
    sparkles, kasippu and frockhorror like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ awesome
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

She should shit all over Abu Dhabi on Twitter, just for fun.

it's purple, not black..
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

they are pretty cool photos. look at the chica in the background flashing all that leg.

Callalily likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^
    infidel whore
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Meh, she is covered up, her poses are tame, Team Riri here. Many tourists take pix like that when they visit mosques - just because she's famous, people pay attention. Make up your mind, either you earn money with tourists or not. I have visited a few mosques abroad and it never felt right. They pretend to be all open-minded because they want the tourists and then they have 10.000 rules so that there is no other way for visitors but to mess up.

And it's not only mosques, I mean, Jerusalem anyone? They rip off men and women alike, but the women don't get to see the goods, that's a pet peeve of mine. Either be a super secret religious site, or a tourist attraction. You can't have it both ways.

The cathedral in my city is a world heritage site. The locals are fully aware that they will never ever have a proper holy mass in there, not even on Christmas. There used to be holy masses for centuries, but now the tourists are there. Fine by me and everyone else. Or should I start checking if visitors have the right set of genitals when they want to see my church? Or shoes? Or lack of shoes? Fucking ridiculous.

Rant over.
    Clubber Lang, Jana and Callalily like this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

If only she had worn a pink sparkly burka!
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand I feel like she is covered up and respecting their dress code, and that they're just extremists hating on her because she's a woman. However, it does feel like she is being a bit disrespectful and she's just there to use their place of worship as a backdrop for her stupid attention whoring. The photos are actually quite beautiful.

I actually don't see a lot of material to suggest that tossing her out was because of her being too "sexual". It sounds like she made a photographic visit (probably with all kinds of camera and lighting people and other entourage in tow) that was unauthorized and disruptive. I think that her "poses" were probably just the icing on the cake.

maybe this explains her recent bad mood -

Chris Brown Says He€™s €œWalking Away€ From Situation With Rihanna? | Bossip

Chris Brown Says He’s “Walking Away” From Situation With Rihanna?

It’s been a few months now since Roc Nation popstress Rihanna and her ex loverboy Chris Brown officially called it quits for the 9,786th time, but they still haven’t been above sending subliminal shade toward each other whenever they see fit.

Earlier this week, the rumor mill was swirling with talk that Rih-Rih felt some type of way about Breezy’s very candid interview with “The Guardian,” and that she allegedly burned all of the gifts and letters he’d given her to be rid of him for good.

Well, it looks like Breezy may have thought there was some truth to the rumor, as he took to his Twitter with this message earlier this morning:

Combined with the fact that Chris has been publicly coupling up with Karrueche more than usual lately and him accusing Rih of smashing the whole industry recently, it sounds like Chris is just as done as Rih-Rih.

*The phrase “Hamisheh asegh” is a Farsi (Persian language) saying which means “perpetual lover.”

Do you think their toxic love story is really over for good?
    - See more at: Chris Brown Says He€™s €œWalking Away€ From Situation With Rihanna? | Bossip

Thread Information