Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Bourdain calls Paula Deen "most dangerous person in America". Paula's pissed

fgg

Default Anthony Bourdain calls Paula Deen "most dangerous person in America". Paula's pissed

Paula tells Tony: Get a life

The knives are out for Anthony Bourdain after he blasted fellow TV chef Paula Deen, calling her the “most dangerous person in America.”

Deen, searing back after “No Reservations” star Bourdain gave her and fellow Food Network chefs Rachael Ray, Guy Fieri and Sandra Lee a roasting, exclusively told Page Six:

“Anthony Bourdain needs to get a life. You don’t have to like my food, or Rachael’s, Sandra’s and Guy’s. But it’s another thing to attack our character. I wake up every morning happy for where I am in life. It’s not all about the cooking, but the fact that I can contribute by using my influence to help people all over the country. In the last two years, my partners and I have fed more than 10 million hungry people by bringing meat to food banks.”

Basting Bourdain for his apparent lack of charity and his attitude, she said, “My good friends Rachael, Guy and Sandra are the most generous charitable folks I know. They give so much of their time and money to help the food-deprived, sick children and abandoned animals. I have no idea what Anthony has done to contribute besides being irritable.”

Deen continued, “You know, not everybody can afford to pay $58 for prime rib or $650 for a bottle of wine. My friends and I cook for regular families who worry about feeding their kids and paying the bills . . . It wasn’t that long ago that I was struggling to feed my family, too.”

The TV foodies were shredded by the macho, gonzo chef in TV Guide magazine. He said, “The worst, most dangerous person to America is clearly Paula Deen. She revels in unholy connections with evil corporations and she’s proud of the fact that her food is [bleep]ing bad for you . . . plus, her food sucks.” About Ray: “Does she even cook anymore? . . . To her credit, she never said she was good at it.” On Lee: “I hate her works on this planet, but she is not someone to be dismissed, clearly.” And Fieri: “I look at Guy and I just think, ‘Jesus, I’m glad that’s not me.’ ”

Paula Deen hits back at Anthony Bourdain: "get a life...[he has nothing] to contribute besides being irritable" - NYPOST.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Bourdain ain't wrong. Paula's food is unhealthy, Rachel Ray sucks beyond all reason, Sandra Lee YIKES and Guy looks ridiculous.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Paula's going to go after Bourdain with a stick of butter, Marlon Brando style.

Paula has some good points as well. Not all of her recipes are unhealthy (okay most are) but they are tasty and easy to prepare. At least she encourages preparing food from scratch rather than fast food. WTF does Bourdain promote other than stuff regular folks won't eat or can't afford? He sounds like a bitchy queen.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

You know you can think your competition sucks, but it's pretty low class to say so publically and it reeks of jealousy.

Bourdain is a snob. I like Paula and the dishes of hers that I have made. I don't watch Rachel or Sandra so I can't speak to them but I love Diners, Drive ins and Dives. I watch it if I see it on.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

i love bourdain. he is bitchy. and awesome. he also once said sandra lee's kwanzaa cake was a crime against humanity. how can you not love that? plus, the man is sexy as hell.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Mixed feelings about this. I like Bourdain too, but I think he's wrong to attack Paula. I think he needs to edit himself - a few years ago when he ripped Food Network a new one, he was a lot more charitable to Paula, although not a fan of her cooking. He sounds a little loopy. Hell, even Rachael Ray is not as bad as Guy or Sandra Lee...you all know how I feel about THAT cow!

Bourdain has weathered criticism that fatherhood has turned him into a softie...maybe this way he's letting people know he has his snark back on...

I used to enjoy Paula until she started doing Paula's Party - she acted like a complete ass on that show. Put her in front of a live audience and she's sickening. But on her Best Dishes show she's as sweet as pie and some of her food is actually quite tasty. I still like her.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i love bourdain. he is bitchy. and awesome. he also once said sandra lee's kwanzaa cake was a crime against humanity. how can you not love that? plus, the man is sexy as hell.

Yes!!! Thank you! Totally agree with all of it, esp. the bolded. I love Bourdain and his crass, snarky humor and attitude.

As for Paula Deen, I've never cared for her either way but after I found out she endorses Smithfield Foods, I loathe the bitch. She can go drown in a vat of butter.

czb

^^^ i'm surprised you (sput) didn't post the naked pic of him holding a veal shank.

i like anthony but i don't understand why he's blasting paula like that. yeah her food is unhealthy but there's no reason to compare her to rachael ray or sandra. that's just mean.

guy's cooking show is unwatchable but i like him on DDandD.

you mean this one?
    (don't pretend you weren't asking for it, and admit fit, the man is hawt)

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Paula has some good points as well. Not all of her recipes are unhealthy (okay most are) but they are tasty and easy to prepare. At least she encourages preparing food from scratch rather than fast food. WTF does Bourdain promote other than stuff regular folks won't eat or can't afford? He sounds like a bitchy queen.
    I have to agree. I thought he already had his fill of Rachael? I think Anthony's shows are cool, but there comes a time when you wonder what his problem is.

He really is a pompous ass, and most of his shows seem to consist of foo-foo establishments the average working local would not dream of eating at. In fact a lot of his Cuba show seemed to hammer this point repeatedly, as if he was guilty of it or something.

He used to continually rip on Emeril until they had some sort of 'make up' meeting.

At any rate he is getting really annoying with this 'rip on food network' schtick and needs to STFU.

so there shouldn't be any cooking shows about higher-end places at all because a lot of people can't afford it? fuck that. i want to see bourdain go to el bulli and eat in the kitchen with ferran adrià himself and sample the food - the man has foodgasms and is brilliant at describing the flavours and textures and i'll never eat there but watching bourdain do it is the next best thing.

and yeah, i get that sandra and paula's (can't talk about guy fieri because i've never watched his show) target audience are in a different demographic but that's not the point. i doubt bourdain is saying everyone should have fresh truffles and spend hundreds of wine, it's more about the quality of the cooking. do you really think they can't do better than kwanzaa cakes and 2 sticks of butter in any dish? they should take more of a jamie oliver approach and show people that they can make tasty dishes without breaking the bank and without clogging their arteries.

Elite Member

I love Anthony and enjoy the hell out of his food travel programs, but I also enjoy Rachael's recipes (which are generally very good and are also 'real food' with fresh ingredients) but not her personality, and I love to watch Diners and Drive-ins. Paula doesn't bug me--but I think her cooking style is kind of cheating--anything tastes good if you put enough butter and/or cheese on it--but I agree that it's least home-cooking.

Sandra Lee is just, yuck. But a very easy target.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    you mean this one?
    (don't pretend you weren't asking for it, and admit fit, the man is hawt)

yeah, that's the one. i don't really think he's hot but that pic cracks me up. obviously he has a good sense of humor.

and the reason that he rips on food network is becase they cancelled 'real' chefs like him and sara (who i loved). but the food network went mainstream and their viewership went up as a result.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information