Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kate Winslet sues Daily Mail for 150k over exercise claims

Default Kate Winslet sues Daily Mail for 150k over exercise claims

Kate Winslet has always let it be known that she has not gone Hollywood and given in to the pressure to be unnaturally thin and fight aging at every turn But when Kate claimed she stayed thin by doing 20 minutes of Pilates, the UK tabloid Daily Mail cried foul, according to OK!.
    The Daily Mail writer, Liz Jones, claims she had succumbed to Hollywood pressure and slimmed down, saying [Kate] 'has become, in my opinion, as drippy and as impossibly vain as the rest of them.'
    'She caught a nasty dose of Hollywooditis. It happens to the best of them, of course it does,' wrote Jones. 'It is the duplicitousness that enrages me and most other women I have spoken to.' "
    Well, Kate was having none of that. She is suing the Daily Mail for libel and is reportedly seeking approximately $225,000 in damages.
    It's not the irritating part that has her up in arms, leaving her 'distressed and embarrassed" and feeling that they had "injured her personal and professional reputation,' however.

'[Winslet] was particularly upset by what she regarded as the very unpleasant and nasty way in which the article was written,' according to her April legal filing."
    I wonder how this will turn out? Is the Daily Mail or Kate going to have to prove what her exercise regimen consists of? Do you think Kate's complaint is valid?

I'm Not Obsessed - Celebrity Gossip And Pictures

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

The Lady doth protest too much. I hope the newspaper fights back instead of settling, because she wouldn't win a case like this. It may not have been a pleasant article, but it was their own opinion. If she doesn't have thick skin and can't handle a mildly negative article about herself, then she needs to quit acting and start living a private life like the rest of us. That's the name of the game, and most celebs have a lot more horrible things said about them than she does.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Well, I'll just echo what the Mail has said

"Kate, love, you were plump once, yes, admit it. Who are you trying to kid when you state that your toned physique is simply due to a 20 min pilates work out. Its plainly obvious that you've been working your dang arse!"

Dang, this girl gets on my dang nerves
    Live Well,
    Laugh Often,
    Love Much!

Elite Member

Kate will win because the Daily Mail always lies and libels - it's what they do.

Anyone suing the Daily Mail automatically gets my support!

Kate, get your pilates trained mush, out of your arse.

If she is not obsessed with her body, why is she suing a newspaper about her body? At least, try and promote that she is good at her job.

Elite Member

Oh Kate you should have gone the American route and written a blog, in all caps and then dropped it.

I love Kate, but she ought to let this go. She's making a bigger deal out by drawing attention to it.

she's just drawing attention to the Daily Mail by suing them.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

She's an irritating twat who doesn't quite get that she is blatantly advertising that she is an irritating twat with her head quite far up her bottom. Shut up about your stupid body already. No one gives a shit.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Gold Member

I really like Kate but fed up with seeing her pose for silly photoshoots and talk about her figure all the time. The Daily Mail is obsessed with female's weight and should be challenged. Liz Jones is a nut who chopped her own breasts off so dresses would hang better

I agree, protest a wee bit too much.

Hypocrite.

She's the one spouting off about weight issues herself, what the feck is she complaining about?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DolceVita View Post
    I really like Kate but fed up with seeing her pose for silly photoshoots and talk about her figure all the time. The Daily Mail is obsessed with female's weight and should be challenged. Liz Jones is a nut who chopped her own breasts off so dresses would hang better

I didn't know that about Liz Jones (although I was aware she is a complete freaky mess of a woman) so googled it. Damn, that woman has even more issues that I realized.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Anybody who sues the Daily Mail is OK with me. TDM is a nasty piece of work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information